We've stuck oil!

• Thread starter StickyIckys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StickyIckys

We've struck oil!

Just thought I'd throw this picture up. Been making a lot of oil lately - not with butane though and not with alcohol either. Man it is fucking awesome. so clean and smooth. Just amazing. I don't like ones made with butane, I think they taste funny (perhaps they were just never "cooked" properly) but this oil is phenominal.

i end up licking a lot - well to me a lot as i have no real tolerance - off my fingers and it tastes pretty great!

Weve stuck oil
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol thats a LOT of oil even if thats a small pyrex

R

ReadySetGrowD9

GIVE UP THE INFO LOL...... Congrats on all that oil bro....

RSGD9

I

ibTheMan

Yah spit out some info, or what is it top secret? Buy color i say you use pentane.

true grit

true grit

My vote-I say hexane....all oil i see from hexane tends to be darker/black....

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i was thinking hexane too - but thats not for smoking is it?

B

Blegit21

Looks like hex...

Looks like hexane...
I've made some straight gold goodness from hexane, I guess it all depends on what product your using/kind of hexane based product your using... I noticed when I switched brands my stuff was a much deeper color, mostly a deep amber burgundy almost black color. What do you mean by not fully evaporating? If anything I've noticed hex evaporates much faster than butane in comparison..

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hexane is non polar. That extraction appears to have been made with a polar solvent like acetone or alcohol.

Hexane extract also has less of a sheen than butane, alcohol, or acetone.

My best SWAG would be acetone too!

B

Buddy Flowers

reminds me of my grade school girlfriend who liked surprises.... sux you don't like the taste of BHO but like you said, perhaps it's not fully purged. Try cooking the butane off a little more. :confused0059:

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Nice lookin oil sticky! saha i bet that stuffs a great smoke so fresh. Have you tried folding in dry sift hash to make it pliable and so you can hold it without as much stick? Take it easy man

S

StickyIckys

WOW I wasn't expecting this may replies!

Sorry I've been busy.

It is hexane actually. It is non-polar so it only extracts the essential oils (what we like :D ) and does not do anything to the plant matter itself. In fact, it doesn't even "appear" to do anything to the resin glands...just draws out the oil and leaves the gland behind. Quite amazing.

As far as cooking it all off....it's more clean and pure than BHO; hands down. It's cooked in a slow cooker, completely surrounded by heat, for a minimum of 7 days....at 160-170 degrees (boiling point of hexane is 160).

It's the most amazing stuff I've ever had. I have had to stop smoking as much over the last few years because I'm allergic to like everything and very allergic to any plant matter. Basically touching most plants will make me itch instantly and constant touching causes severe irritation (so I have to wear suites and gloves). When I smoke buds I tend to get extreme anxiety which I think is caused from the allergic reaction to the plant matter itself. Any strain seemed to cause this...even just eating the bud and straight water extraction hash as well.

This stuff just tastes amazing. Like a very sweet black licorice. The smoke is just.....WOW. So clean and crisp. You don't even feel like you're inhaling any smoke...but then you let out a bunch. The high is just as clean and crisp; no matter the strain. Some, obviously with indica and sativa dom, etc, have different effects but none make me jittery or left feeling anxious.

I have tried acetone and alcohol, didn't like it. BHO, I won't touch. Hexane is already used in the food industry and is in the foods/oils/soy we eat and drink (in very small amounts of course, micron amounts at most).

Anyway, it does come out very dark when you start to stack a few millimeters thick of oil. With just a thin layer it's very amber/honey like. I'll try and get some pics of a tray before we scoop it all together.

I eat the stuff daily now; just lick it off my fingers. I don't think I'm going to use anything but this from now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom