Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No- harvest

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Super toxic use gloves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So I pulled a few small mushroom caps out of this Ice plant over the weekend. Then after a watering and fertilizer earlier in the week, I check this afternoon (last time I looked at the plants was 36 hours ago), and there be a TON or mushroom tops.

This is recycled substrate, 50% coco 50% happy frog, and has supported 1 grow in the past. I keep the dirt material in a giant Tupperware wear in the basement when not in use. But the soil was exposed to my basement lab for 5ish months during an entire plant cycle from seedling to harvest, then into the bucket before reuse.

So hoping someone can identify these mushrooms for me. And def respond to the poll. I’ll have to do something fairly soon.

Be well and Grow on,

GJ

Wft penis tips in my coco
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Cool problem to have.

I do not know what they are, just checked my pics. Tagging in for an identification hopefully.

If you bruise them does it turn blue? Does not look like they are ready to drop spores yet, I think you have a little time to work this out.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So I did pull out all the mushroom tops. I have no doubt more will pop up to replace them. I’ll have to let one develop enough to get more identification information.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
have you tried that mushroom app? it is suppose to be pretty good.

maybe some kind of inkcap? doesnt look shaggy, but they dont always look shaggy. and the dot on top is more distinct than i have seen, but i know there are a bunch of kinds of them.

Last edited:
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So one survived the killing yesterday. I’ll let it grow out and develop some. Maybe with more visible we‘lol be able to identify the fruiting body.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

All white interior with the gills. I did not want it to go to spore so ripped out this morning.
The big brown dot in the middle and some smaller brown dots around the outside.

so the free download bull-shippee app came up with this species. Not sure if its right or not have to go do A little more research, don’t trust apps.

any help appreciated.

GJ

D89C2645 AAC1 44F4 ADA5 9FA091136809
5DC6CD9A 8390 4BA5 80DF 2E795545922A
Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I have them grated in bottom of pot the what's u have under your plants 👻🚂

SecretGardener

SecretGardener

Those don't look like any magic mushroom I have grown or seen in books. I would not even consider eating them unless you are a true expert on identifying wild mushrooms. I don't think they will hurt the Cannabis plant even if they are toxic it will not get into the weed.

Mushrooms are the flowers of the Mycelium colony you have growing in the dirt. If you let it dry out it will stop producing mushrooms. Also, I would not reuse that grow medium again unless you want to grow shrooms too.. 😀

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Yeah. The ploy to recycle substrate and safe a few bucks is apparently just not worth it. And no don’t worry not going to take that other dudes advice to eat it, foolish notion.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

So I pulled a few small mushroom caps out of this Ice plant over the weekend. Then after a watering and fertilizer earlier in the week, I check this afternoon (last time I looked at the plants was 36 hours ago), and there be a TON or mushroom tops.

This is recycled substrate, 50% coco 50% happy frog, and has supported 1 grow in the past. I keep the dirt material in a giant Tupperware wear in the basement when not in use. But the soil was exposed to my basement lab for 5ish months during an entire plant cycle from seedling to harvest, then into the bucket before reuse.

So hoping someone can identify these mushrooms for me. And def respond to the poll. I’ll have to do something fairly soon.

Be well and Grow on,

GJ
Spore prints are the main way to identify a mushroom! The look and growth pattern as well. Tbe print is the main identifier. If im wrong someone please correct me...thanks

tobh

tobh

Supporter
definitely some kind of ink cap based on that last pic. I wouldn't worry about em. They aren't doing any harm to the plants, and if anything, are beneficial to have around as they assist in the breakdown of organic matter. FWIW, my mother used to say ink caps were a sign of healthy soil.

A secondary use for ink caps (really their namesake) is if you're into art, as they mature and start to rot, you can make alcohol-based ink with them.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Sounds good I’ll keep pulling the fruiting bodies to reduce spores. But will finish out the ladoes

Moeboi

Moeboi

Hope this helps had a few growing in one of my plants never seen them b4 until I did a flush last week and seen them today had removed them quick..I used a bag to scoop them out so it wouldn't touch much soil

Screenshot 20210915 144634 Chrome
Moeboi

Moeboi

I forgot to cover my soil back up i normally have a cover over soil but forgot to put back on after flushing that's what I'm thinking caused it

Top Bottom