Whackin' off in the tool shed

• Thread starter FourPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourPlants

FourPlants

Whew! Nice ones (the flowers, I mean). 😎
They may tend to draw the eye of passersby. May draw neighbors to come over and admire/chat about them. Within mere feet of your stinky grow….
I am in a legal state. The way the law is written is they aren't to be visible from the sidewalk/street. So, I just want to block visibility. You are right that it may invite the neighbors to come check them out though. Hahaha

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I am in a legal state. The way the law is written is they aren't to be visible from the sidewalk/street. So, I just want to block visibility. You are right that it may invite the neighbors to come check them out though. Hahaha

I'm in Michigan and our home grow laws in my eyes are pretty lenient. 12 plants, not visible by the public (pretty much the same) however there is one more stipulation ... within a locked area. A fenced in yard with a lock on the gate satisfies that requirement. It's pretty easy to be in line with the law.

One thing about those giant sunflowers. We grew them one year. They become very tall and top heavy. They will need more than a stake for support. If we were to grow them again, I'd probably grow them up a trellis so they are well supported. We had trouble keeping them standing. The dogs would run through them and down they come ... broken at the level of the support stake. It was frustrating enough that we haven't grown them since. If you can keep them standing, they make a beautiful privacy fence. Good luck, I envy you if you can make it work because they are worth the effort.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I'm in Michigan and our home grow laws in my eyes are pretty lenient. 12 plants, not visible by the public (pretty much the same) however there is one more stipulation ... within a locked area. A fenced in yard with a lock on the gate satisfies that requirement. It's pretty easy to be in line with the law.

One thing about those giant sunflowers. We grew them one year. They become very tall and top heavy. They will need more than a stake for support. If we were to grow them again, I'd probably grow them up a trellis so they are well supported. We had trouble keeping them standing. The dogs would run through them and down they come ... broken at the level of the support stake. It was frustrating enough that we haven't grown them since. If you can keep them standing, they make a beautiful privacy fence. Good luck, I envy you if you can make it work because they are worth the effort.
Sounds about the way our laws are written, my state only went legal a few years ago so I am sure they looked at all the other states to build the framework. We are only allowed four plants though.

You bring up a good point about locks though. I should add a pad lock to the gate.

I already have been thinking about support for the girls so I may as well think about for the sunflowers. T-bars and some fancy string work. Who knows, maybe even some wire. I already was thinking about doing trellis walls on both sides of the fence as ways to block the view and grow some veggies.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Sounds about the way our laws are written, my state only went legal a few years ago so I am sure they looked at all the other states to build the framework. We are only allowed four plants though.

You bring up a good point about locks though. I should add a pad lock to the gate.

I already have been thinking about support for the girls so I may as well think about for the sunflowers. T-bars and some fancy string work. Who knows, maybe even some wire. I already was thinking about doing trellis walls on both sides of the fence as ways to block the view and grow some veggies.
I built a 10' x 20' greenhouse and we're loving it. Of course curious eyes assume we're growing pot but they don't know for sure. Especially right now with the lights on ... it lights up the whole neighborhood.

Take a look ...

Screenshot 20230517 214725353

Screenshot 20230517 214828536

FourPlants

FourPlants

It looks like a wonderful setup. A greenhouse would be super nice; I am lucky that we are zone 8A here, so I get a decent season. We are fairly humid though, so I need to have my gameplan to deal with it. I have read some on here talking about leaf blowers on wet mornings.... pretty sure I will upset my neighbors firing off my backpack blower every morning so I may look for a small electric one on a Father's Day sale or something, Will be nice to have for drying my cars when I detail them instead of using the backpack one.

Really need to decide on what I want to do for training soon too.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It looks like a wonderful setup. A greenhouse would be super nice; I am lucky that we are zone 8A here, so I get a decent season. We are fairly humid though, so I need to have my gameplan to deal with it. I have read some on here talking about leaf blowers on wet mornings.... pretty sure I will upset my neighbors firing off my backpack blower every morning so I may look for a small electric one on a Father's Day sale or something, Will be nice to have for drying my cars when I detail them instead of using the backpack one.

Really need to decide on what I want to do for training soon too.
A cheap Ryobi cordless electric leaf blower is what I use.

Even in a greenhouse once we start dropping below dew point during heavy flower problems can occur. Dew point is your enemy so choose strains that finish in your area before your temperature drops below the dew point at night. That shouldn't be a problem in your zone but it is in mine.

Those are autoflowers in the greenhouse and will be done late June/early July. They are already in heavy flower. I have 12 more started here in the basement which I will be rotating out to the greenhouse in June. I chose this route for this year because I'm tired of dealing with the damp Michigan fall. We get a lot of cloud cover along with that moisture so bud rot and WPM can be a problem.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Just did that myself 😁 goes up 6’ same height as the fence gives me about 4’ depth and 40’ width to play with, about 80 peas, cucumbers, beans planted all along the bottom of the net

Used 8’ steel posts (old top rail from a chain link fence) cut it down to 8’ sections then pounded them 2’ into the ground, the trellis netting I got on Amazon I think it was 50’x 5’ same net I’m using on my scrog table

2D19ED76 383D 4FF2 8AF0 39B278D47E66
8A31468F 4BA4 4E43 82B4 3F1C6C1061C9
E36E6573 F03A 40CA A690 5AC2E3EA6A0E
FourPlants

FourPlants

A cheap Ryobi cordless electric leaf blower is what I use.

Even in a greenhouse once we start dropping below dew point during heavy flower problems can occur. Dew point is your enemy so choose strains that finish in your area before your temperature drops below the dew point at night. That shouldn't be a problem in your zone but it is in mine.

Those are autoflowers in the greenhouse and will be done late June/early July. They are already in heavy flower. I have 12 more started here in the basement which I will be rotating out to the greenhouse in June. I chose this route for this year because I'm tired of dealing with the damp Michigan fall. We get a lot of cloud cover along with that moisture so bud rot and WPM can be a problem.
Moisture is definitely one of my concerns. I am coastal and have high humidity. I have also heard the pest are aggressive. It is al;l a learning experience for me being my first outdoor grow.
Just did that myself 😁 goes up 6’ same height as the fence gives me about 4’ depth and 40’ width to play with, about 80 peas, cucumbers, beans planted all along the bottom of the net

Used 8’ steel posts (old top rail from a chain link fence) cut it down to 8’ sections then pounded them 2’ into the ground, the trellis netting I got on Amazon I think it was 50’x 5’ same net I’m using on my scrog table

I am digging it. I was looking around at fencing on Amazon earlier. The couple of things my wife has asked for is cucumbers and snap peas.

I have the sunflowers in biodegradable nursery pots and also threw some swiss giant pansies in a nursery pot as well. Started soaking some zinnias and Snapdragons tonight.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Should the ladies lose their heads? They have committed no crimes. So, growing outdoors wasn't really in my plans for this year so I hadn't really thought about my training plan for these ladies. Should I give them the chop or should I just grow some really tall trees? I have some six-foot heavy duty cages I can still get around them.

FourPlants

FourPlants

So many seeds planted over the last few days. Got flowers and veggies. My sunflowers are starting to break soil. Should be a busy week outdoors.

Roma Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Tangerine Dream Peppers,
Have some early girl tomatoes, a cucumber, squash and some other stuff on the deck already getting sun needing to be put in ground or up potted.

SeedGerm

FourPlants

FourPlants

Hahahahaha!!! Nice.......sorry GNick....nothing but respect.

Yeah I should have taken an actual snapshot. That's awesome.

Actually it says "What's GNick55 up TOO". So......it's him, and everyone else.

Poor tool shed.....

What happens in the tool shed stays in the tool shed.

ToolShed

Top Bottom