Whar are your views on humidity packets?

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I've used them with cigars. With those, they're recommended to not touch the cigars or to even sit on the same layer in the humidor. Putting them into a jar touching buds will provide uneven moisture in my opinion. I'd layer it under the bud somehow. Also make sure to pick the right moisture level.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

I've used them with cigars. With those, they're recommended to not touch the cigars or to even sit on the same layer in the humidor. Putting them into a jar touching buds will provide uneven moisture in my opinion. I'd layer it under the bud somehow. Also make sure to pick the right moisture level.
I have some that I had bought that keep it ta 62% rh

a4twenty

a4twenty

they're ok to use to bring your humidity back up if you've dried a little too far. as others mentioned don't just throw them in the weed, find a way to leave some air between.

even though they say they swing both ways, to lower humidity just leave your jars open for a while or lay your buds out if needed.

once you have your jars at the proper humidity they are no longer needed. keep your jars sealed and in a dark cook place and they will keep for years.

i like to store at 62% but prefer it a little drier when it comes time to smoke.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
boveda is better than interga. they work great, you just need to dry/cure your weed properly before using.
probably most who complain don’t know how to dry cure properly while others use hygrometers in their jars.
if your new the first 2 weeks of drying are crucial, get your room/area set and see what the temps/humidity are?
be able to control the temps and humidity, have fresh air flow.
no light, dark.
get it set before harvest.
try to learn about drying, your drawing out moisture slowly from the plant by controlling the temp, more important the humidity..
the packs will not do it for you..

Top Bottom