What’s causing the leafs to do this, heat stress?

• Thread starter Al8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eledin

Eledin

How close is the light? Even if the temperature of the tent is right if the lights are too close the plant can be taking some serious heat, I usually place my hand and if I feel heat I pull them higher. Did you start feeding them? If so when? What nutes? What soil? Could also be nitrogen toxicity or something else, more people will chime in to help but they will need those questions and probably more answered.

A

Al8

light probably 800mm away from top of plant, on 40% light intensity with a 450w led.

Have just been feeding them water for the last 3 weeks once every 3 or 4 days been in a vegetable soil mix since rooted clones.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
The virus is interesting. It almost looks genetic. A little scary too....

More like something interfering with the genetics. AI8 says it's happening to all of their plants....

Were all had one of these, right? it's rare and usually it's one mutant, and we get rid of ir.

Eledin

Eledin

Actually Ive never heard of it. I went to wikipedia to learn a bit more and it says its more of a western USA thing. Im glad I dont have it here 😅
"Beet curly top virus (BCTV) is a pathogenic plant virus of the family Geminiviridae, containing a single-stranded DNA.[3] The family Geminiviridae consists of nine genera (Becurtovirus, Begomovirus, Capulavirus, Curtovirus, Eragrovirus, Grablovirus, Mastrevirus, Topocuvirus, Turncurtovirus)[4] based on their host range, virus genome structure, and type of insect vector.[5] BCTV is a Curtovirus affecting hundreds of plants. The only known vector is the beet leafhopper, which is native to the Western United States."
EDIT: Its also known and present in Spain but Ive never had this happen to me so I guess is not as common. Maybe in the south of Spain where there's kind of a desert, they like those areas apparently.

Last edited:
A

Al8

I’ve never heard of it before either. I don’t think we have it here where I’m from

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I’ve never heard of it before either. I don’t think we have it here where I’m from
That's the thing, not all mutant plants have the Beet virus, it could be for another reason.

But, this thing is a potental problem, and this is only 1 virus. We don't want these......

Latest posts

Top Bottom