What’s GNick55 up too

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
well, an oil/wax/shatter thingy maybe easiest, i use isopropyl but other alcohol/solvents can be used.. your most likely to succeed by making some sort of oil.. with a QWISO method like hash/cherry/honey or a RSO method for a dark weed oil…
next would be making bubble hash, yes some skill is needed but the right tools is must important..
than i’d say dry sifting last as that’s all a form of art, so there’s learning with this method..
mind you your starting material is what it’s all about no matter what you do..
@GNick55 do the washing machines take away the quality? I’ve tried the machine 4 times with decent buds but I wasn’t happy with yield or quality.Did dry and fresh frozen. A million factors but I think my ice to water ratio wasn’t perfect. Thinking of doing bubble run without machine. Recs? 5 gallon how much ice how much water? Any other tips.

Observationist

Observationist

well, an oil/wax/shatter thingy maybe easiest, i use isopropyl but other alcohol/solvents can be used.. your most likely to succeed by making some sort of oil.. with a QWISO method like hash/cherry/honey or a RSO method for a dark weed oil…
next would be making bubble hash, yes some skill is needed but the right tools is must important..
than i’d say dry sifting last as that’s all a form of art, so there’s learning with this method..

Thank you gnick

Observationist

Observationist

I’ll look into QWISO

And I’d like to try the ice water extraction? - at least at some point

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I’ll look into QWISO

And I’d like to try the ice water extraction? - at least at some point
Three washes for 5 min from 300 grams of flower that was tumbled for 10 min (45 gm return of kif) returned 107 gms of honey oil from all 3 .

Screenshot 20220621 191133 Gmail
20220612 211338

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
@GNick55 do the washing machines take away the quality? I’ve tried the machine 4 times with decent buds but I wasn’t happy with yield or quality.Did dry and fresh frozen. A million factors but I think my ice to water ratio wasn’t perfect. Thinking of doing bubble run without machine. Recs? 5 gallon how much ice how much water? Any other tips.
ok i’m sure you have some knowledge of what your doing.. i personally don’t think it takes away from anything, just can be messy.. in theory you want the freezing cold water motion to extract the heads and not the ice banging it around, if material is dry than let it sit in there for 30 mins or more to rehydrate before washing, start out with a quick 5 min wash than do longer washes until done.. i have a hose hooked up to faucet for a powerful stream to help push through contaminate when cleaning each one before scooping out.. sooo many reasons why things could be happening but number one is if you know your making something out of your weed than as it starts to bud in flowering stop touching buds or anything even with trimming as to not damage the heads before they are mature and ripe and can handle it..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
great idea for the range balls being re-used in a weed way. You must be in Florida because I saw a palmetto bug in one of the pictures
nope Sarnia ontario canada, though it’s felt like florida here the last couple days..

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
ok i’m sure you have some knowledge of what your doing.. i personally don’t think it takes away from anything, just can be messy.. in theory you want the freezing cold water motion to extract the heads and not the ice banging it around, if material is dry than let it sit in there for 30 mins or more to rehydrate before washing, start out with a quick 5 min wash than do longer washes until done.. i have a hose hooked up to faucet for a powerful stream to help push through contaminate when cleaning each one before scooping out.. sooo many reasons why things could be happening but number one is if you know your making something out of your weed than as it starts to bud in flowering stop touching buds or anything even with trimming as to not damage the heads before they are mature and ripe and can handle it..
🙏 I think the quality of buds may have been the issue or even quantity. I filled the white filter bag about half full mostly because I only allocated so much for my experimentation. 😂 The flower smoked well but I know some strains also don’t have as many trichs so the wash is only so good anyways. Just feels like bubble hash is so low on the list of concentrates with all the extraction methods out there. I give it another run in a couple weeks. Hopefully 🤞

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I fuckin hate running outdoor grows here

I just have some plants on my balcony, real action is inside.

Oklahoma can have really hot and humid days
Agree with ya brotha. I have a weird living situation atm but I’m running a few outdoors in Michigan and they are doing pretty well. Couldn’t imagine growing outdoors in humid as GA tho.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Hit 100 in GA today 🥵 You running outdoors I presume? Is OK humid like that?
Humid is good during veggies and dry important especially during ripening phase

Proper temp is critical. Whereas I think humidity might be possible to control outside with some intervention

Top Bottom