What’s Going On Here

• Thread starter CALI FARMER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CALI FARMER

Hello farmers,This is my first grow. I got this seed from a batch of jungle cake about 3 months back. Strain is jungle cake, about 2 months old. Growing in grow chunks from Gordon. In veg
Tap water @0.6 E.C
Veg+bloom @4grams per gallon,
Life @0.4grams per gallon,
calmag @2.5ml per gallon,
Total E.C 1.8
I thought that was too high of a E.C so I deluded it to 1.6 E.C and PH@ 5.9. Now I think that was still too high. Some leafs have burnt edges,spots some curl up some curl down.
E.C in @1.6 [email protected]
Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Whats going on here
Whats going on here 2
Whats going on here 3
schwab0619

schwab0619

Hello farmers,This is my first grow. I got this seed from a batch of jungle cake about 3 months back. Strain is jungle cake, about 2 months old. Growing in grow chunks from Gordon. In veg
Tap water @0.6 E.C
Total E.C 1.8
I thought that was too high of a E.C so I deluded it to 1.6 E.C and PH@ 5.9. Now I think that was still too high. Some leafs have burnt edges,spots some curl up some curl down.
Spotty, so that usually means something was sprayed or dripped on that leaf. IMO

schwab0619

schwab0619

Tap water @0.6 E.C
Total E.C 1.8
And your tips are clawing, which means a nutrient problem.

C

CALI FARMER

I spray them with push every 5 days or so. If the leafs are clawing does that mean too much nutrients?

Nugg

Nugg

1.6 ec sounds high for 60 days...or that plant.. depends on your scale..plant that small I'd run like .6 on a 700 scale..your tap water is .6? That's crazy high..imo anything over 200 ppm.should run though ro.

3 balls

3 balls

I spray them with push every 5 days or so. If the leafs are clawing does that mean too much nutrients?
I run V&B at just about the same dosage and I use a little more calmag than they recommend but I start with RO water and don't use push. Imo, considering your starting water, you should be at nearly zero calmag and using push sparingly. I remember the instructions on their website not being super clear when I started with V&B, so if I were you I would start there and make sure you really understand the protocol.

C

CALI FARMER

@3balls what dosage are you using and what’s your E.C if you don’t mind me asking, I’m using the Tap/Hard Veg+bloom. Water quality between 0.3-0.7 E.C. Im running my tap water through a filter now the E.C has dropped to 0.3 I lowered the veg+bloom dosage to 1.1E.C. And PH @5.8 and I’ll try less calmag. The runoff was 1.1E.C and PH 6.4 is that ok?

Last edited:
3 balls

3 balls

thunderfudge Breeder
@3balls I'll give u the recipe bro
from day 1 of bloom
Base 6g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
3 ml cal mag per gal
Add SHINE at day 10 ,1g per gal
You should be around 1250 ppms
Day 35
BASE 3g per gal
SHINE 2g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
CAL MAG 3 ml per gal
That's about 800 poms
Day 42
SHINE 1g per gal
Day 49
Water

That's an 8 week schedule.for 10 weekers I extend the 1-34 feed until day 48.
What to expect ? Alot of stretch the 1st 2 weeks,huge roots,and the need for almost daily feedings.The later flower thing would be how explosive that shine is when the base it cut.

Veg is...
BASE 4g per gallon
LIFE .2g per gallon
CAL MAG 2-3 ml per gallon
I've had great results with the Thunderfudge recipe. Keep in mind I'm in RO water so my minerals are stripped and need replenished with calmag. RO water is 0.0 EC and takes +/- 1.33 ml per gal to reach .03EC.

C

CALI FARMER

thunderfudge Breeder
@3balls I'll give u the recipe bro
from day 1 of bloom
Base 6g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
3 ml cal mag per gal
Add SHINE at day 10 ,1g per gal
You should be around 1250 ppms
Day 35
BASE 3g per gal
SHINE 2g per gal
LIFE .2g per gal
CAL MAG 3 ml per gal
That's about 800 poms
Day 42
SHINE 1g per gal
Day 49
Water

That's an 8 week schedule.for 10 weekers I extend the 1-34 feed until day 48.
What to expect ? Alot of stretch the 1st 2 weeks,huge roots,and the need for almost daily feedings.The later flower thing would be how explosive that shine is when the base it cut.

Veg is...
BASE 4g per gallon
LIFE .2g per gallon
CAL MAG 2-3 ml per gallon
I've had great results with the Thunderfudge recipe. Keep in mind I'm in RO water so my minerals are stripped and need replenished with calmag. RO water is 0.0 EC and takes +/- 1.33 ml per gal to reach .03EC.
Thanks a lot @3Balls with the RO water at 0.0 EC, Do you add calmag first to bring RO water to 0.3 EC? Then add 4 grams of base,.2 grams of life correct?What is your EC or ppm after you mix it together? I did almost the same dosage but with tap water @0.6 EC and my EC was 1.8. Maybe with RO my EC Would be at 1.2.

Last edited:
3 balls

3 balls

Thanks a lot @3Balls with the RO water at 0.0 EC, Do you add calmag first to bring RO water to 0.3 EC? Then add 4 grams of base,.2 grams of life correct?What is your EC or ppm after you mix it together? I did almost the same dosage but with tap water @0.6 EC and my EC was 1.8. Maybe with RO my EC Would be at 1.2.
I "structure" the starting water to about .9 by adding 3ml per gal CM then let is mix about 10min. Then add base and Life. This formula is about 3 times the amount of CM as recommended but I don't use Push, I do add a little silica. Your plant doesn't look horrible, given your hard tap water, my suggestion would be following the Thunderfudge recipe but going 1.5ml per gal CM opposed to 3ml and stop using Push.

Keep in mind V&B has a higher EC/PPM than what you might read about as being typical. I wouldn't get too caught up in that. You might take a look at the thread Veg+Bloom Switch, What Should I Expect? and or Hydroponic Research Users Thread

C

CALI FARMER

I "structure" the starting water to about .9 by adding 3ml per gal CM then let is mix about 10min. Then add base and Life. This formula is about 3 times the amount of CM as recommended but I don't use Push, I do add a little silica. Your plant doesn't look horrible, given your hard tap water, my suggestion would be following the Thunderfudge recipe but going 1.5ml per gal CM opposed to 3ml and stop using Push.

Keep in mind V&B has a higher EC/PPM than what you might read about as being typical. I wouldn't get too caught up in that. You might take a look at the thread Veg+Bloom Switch, What Should I Expect? and or Hydroponic Research Users Thread
Really appreciate the help @3balls, I will give the thunderfudge recipe a try with lower CM. Today is feeding day so we’ll see what happens. Overall the plant is looking better now, it still has some spots and some leaves with slightly burnt tips but they’re not too bad. I’ll post some pictures later. I just want to avoid any future problems with nutrient buildup. Thanks again Farmers

C

CALI FARMER

Here are more pictures of the Jungle Cake. Still in veg, It’s looking a little better now. Gonna try the thundrefudge recipe but with 1.5ml of CM. And hold off on the push to see what happens. Thanks for the help 3balls & Thc farmers.

3D4D82BE EBF5 4339 8F62 3E166B14291D
B26C04E4 71B4 472B 8F17 B15772D34609
87C77FB8 32CE 4B9F 9BB7 3E801BDA7A44
5A99B0EA 61E9 446E 9B24 B872CFCD4FF7
01130456 5874 4A4F B353 440A3593BC79
9ED9D21A 2200 456E 8755 15416BD4F23D
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If I had to hazard a guess I'd say the 0.6 coming out of your tap contains a lot of calcium and that's binding up with potassium and throwing your NPK out of whack.

Also, if you feed full strength balanced nutrients with RO you shouldn't need to use Cal mag at all, quality nutrients have enough of both already. I haven't used that stuff in over 15 years.

C

CALI FARMER

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say the 0.6 coming out of your tap contains a lot of calcium and that's binding up with potassium and throwing your NPK out of whack.

Also, if you feed full strength balanced nutrients with RO you shouldn't need to use Cal mag at all, quality nutrients have enough of both already. I haven't used that stuff in over 15 years.
Yeah I agree with the 0.6 tap water is a issue. I started filtering my tap Water down to 0.4ec now, might be still too high. I watered last night with 4.gr of v+b 0.2gr of life and I left the calmag out. Starting water [email protected] after adding v+b & life ec [email protected] [email protected] and the runoff was 1.8 & [email protected].

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sorry I must have misread the first post, you were also adding calmag to that already hard water? I would totally stop doing that for good. Thats almost 100% your problem. Cal mag is really only for use with RO and only if you see a deficiency, but again that should be rare with a good nutrient.

Not sure if its feasible but If I were you I'd think about cutting your water 50/50 with store bought RO or rainwater so you can get more fertilizer in your nute mix. Ideally start with water that's 0.2ec or less. Pretty sure what you're getting is potassium lockout from too much calcium.

C

CALI FARMER

Sorry I must have misread the first post, you were also adding calmag to that already hard water? I would totally stop doing that for good. Thats almost 100% your problem. Cal mag is really only for use with RO and only if you see a deficiency, but again that should be rare with a good nutrient.

Not sure if its feasible but If I were you I'd think about cutting your water 50/50 with store bought RO or rainwater so you can get more fertilizer in your nute mix. Ideally start with water that's 0.2ec or less. Pretty sure what you're getting is potassium lockout from too much calcium.
Thanks dirtbag, I’ll give that a try next feeding. 0 Calmag. I’m using v+b tap/hard it says for water between 0.3-0.7EC Would it be a problem to go down to 0.2 starting water?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks dirtbag, I’ll give that a try next feeding. 0 Calmag. I’m using v+b tap/hard it says for water between 0.3-0.7EC Would it be a problem to go down to 0.2 starting water?

Hmm yeah if your using a hard water specific nute I wouldn't cut it too much or you will offset the balance. It would be nice to know exactly what is in your water though...

C

CALI FARMER

Hmm yeah if your using a hard water specific nute I wouldn't cut it too much or you will offset the balance. It would be nice to know exactly what is in your water though...
I looked up my city’s water report but it doesn’t say much about calcium or magnesium just says N/A on those categories. I’m thinking best bet would be RO water and bring it up to 0.3 with tap water does that sound right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom