What’s going on here

• Thread starter Beowuuulf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Can i learn what pH your feeding at. What PPM strength, what nutrients/ additives, and how often you flush it with plain water?

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Can i learn what pH your feeding at. What PPM strength, what nutrients/ additives, and how often you flush it with plain water?
Hey I’m feeding every time with 2ml/g grow, micro, calmag, and kelp. My tap water ph is 8 so I have been using about drops of vinegar to drop ph, ppm was 560. Is that high enough to cause This?

this is going to sound stupid but I used ph calibration solution to ph down my gallon.. so that may be a big no no

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Hey I’m feeding every time with 2ml/g grow, micro, calmag, and kelp. My tap water ph is 8 so I have been using about drops of vinegar to drop ph, ppm was 560. Is that high enough to cause This?

this is going to sound stupid but I used ph calibration solution to ph down my gallon.. so that may be a big no no
Let me help you my friend!!. Your feed schedule needs adjustment and we need to get you using something else other then that for pH down. Lemon juice from fresh lemons (more expensive) or squeeze lemon juice from grocery store (cheaper) is a much much better option and the plants love it. Baking soda for pH up. One 3 dollar box of baking soda will last you a lifetime of pH upping.

Email me if you want a custom feed schedule. Info in profile.

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Let me help you my friend!!. Your feed schedule needs adjustment and we need to get you using something else other then that for pH down. Lemon juice from fresh lemons (more expensive) or squeeze lemon juice from grocery store (cheaper) is a much much better option and the plants love it. Baking soda for pH up. One 3 dollar box of baking soda will last you a lifetime of pH upping.

Yes it is too high of PPM.. Far too high right now.. Any pics on my IG, website or profile here I have never gone above 800ppm the whole life cycle. I would have your plant at about 200PPM after a good flush out for 2 or 3 days of plain water.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Yes it is too high of PPM.. Far too high right now.. Any pics on my IG, website or profile here I have never gone above 800ppm the whole life cycle. I would have your plant at about 200PPM after a good flush out for 2 or 3 days of plain water.

Okay I feel horrible look what I’ve done to them .. thx for the advice I’m going to get lemons.

glad the damage isint so bad

4TREESCANNABIS

4TREESCANNABIS

Oh I get it, but don't beat yourself up. Minor stuff you can work through and a good time to happen to the plant in veg and not flower.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Lemons are an antimicrobial agent which means it may kill the beneficial bacteria and fungi. I’d be careful with that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Personally I would go buy citric, sulfuric or phosphoric acid to ph down in coco. Here is why I suggest this. Lemons have carbs and sugars and other stuff that I wouldn't be adding. It works no doubt but can lead to an explosion in bacteria.

Citric acid is basically a clean/purified lemon juice. It breaks down fast about 12hs but if you are fertigating multiple times a day this is not usually to much of an issue. When starting new plants and only fertigating once a day it can cause ph swings and that's not good.

Phosphoric and sulfuric acid are much more stable and I would say preferable in coco and hydro. They break down much slower and therefore will provide a much more stable pH over time.

You can test this yourself. Take 2 glasses of tap water (so there is a buffer) put citric acid in one and phosphoric or sulfuric acid in the other. Put a small airstone in each and ph down to 6.0 then come back in 12 hr and 24 hrs and check the ph of both. It will be painfully obvious.

Vinegar is also a very poor choice for the same reason.

In terms of effects of acid on microbes. None is worse for microbes than the other. Microbes have a ph preference and even in nature are exposed to different types of acid. It's not the acid that kills the microbes it the ph when the acid is to strong.

Just my opinion

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Personally I would go buy citric, sulfuric or phosphoric acid to ph down in coco. Here is why I suggest this. Lemons have carbs and sugars and other stuff that I wouldn't be adding. It works no doubt but can lead to an explosion in bacteria.

Citric acid is basically a clean/purified lemon juice. It breaks down fast about 12hs but if you are fertigating multiple times a day this is not usually to much of an issue. When starting new plants and only fertigating once a day it can cause ph swings and that's not good.

Phosphoric and sulfuric acid are much more stable and I would say preferable in coco and hydro. They break down much slower and therefore will provide a much more stable pH over time.

You can test this yourself. Take 2 glasses of tap water (so there is a buffer) put citric acid in one and phosphoric or sulfuric acid in the other. Put a small airstone in each and ph down to 6.0 then come back in 12 hr and 24 hrs and check the ph of both. It will be painfully obvious.

Vinegar is also a very poor choice for the same reason.

In terms of effects of acid on microbes. None is worse for microbes than the other. Microbes have a ph preference and even in nature are exposed to different types of acid. It's not the acid that kills the microbes it the ph when the acid is to strong.

Just my opinion

You’re right Aqua man.
H3PO4 is a great way to down your pH. It also gives a little kick for potassium during bloom cycles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom