What’s happening to my girls?

• Thread starter jaimars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaimars

jaimars

I have 4 autos in a 4x4 tent all in coast of Maine living soil and almost 4 weeks old!
Strains: cherry bomb, sour zkittles, lemon Thai and gelato….my current temp is around 84 during day and 65-70 when lights off 18/6 schedule my humidity is ranging from 38-45….I’ve water with mosquito bits for gnats 2x which have gone away as far as I can tell….not sure why they look so sad please let me know

Whats happening to my girls
Whats happening to my girls 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmm your watering looks fine, humidity could be higher like 50-55.. doubt that is your problem, when was the last time you saw gnats?

Jakecan

Jakecan

mmm your watering looks fine, humidity could be higher like 50-55.. doubt that is your problem, when was the last time you saw gnats?
Had to turn up brightness to see that soil. Could it be underwatering?

Jakecan

Jakecan

Maybe try setting up some yellow sticky traps to detect if they are still there!

Rawkn

Rawkn

If I saw my plants looking like that, my first thought would be they are thirsty. It also looks like possible heat stress, over watering, or a root problem like root rot or they're root bound.. From what you said, I don't think it's heat stress. Every time I've had plant look like this it was almost always thirsty, and in a couple of cases it was root rot. If the plant is thirsty, water will bring it to normal in 1-2 hours, if it's root rot or a similar attack on the roots, watering it should make them look completely dead (every leaf and branch dangling) within 1-2 hours.

If it's none of these problems I'm at a complete loss.

Happy gardening!

jaimars

jaimars

If I saw my plants looking like that, my first thought would be they are thirsty. It also looks like possible heat stress, over watering, or a root problem like root rot or they're root bound.. From what you said, I don't think it's heat stress. Every time I've had plant look like this it was almost always thirsty, and in a couple of cases it was root rot. If the plant is thirsty, water will bring it to normal in 1-2 hours, if it's root rot or a similar attack on the roots, watering it should make them look completely dead (every leaf and branch dangling) within 1-2 hours.

If it's none of these problems I'm at a complete loss.

Happy gardening!
I’m going to water and see what happens

jaimars

jaimars

Gave them a good watering last night about 1.25 gallons each and still looking very sad today 😞

Rawkn

Rawkn

Hello Jaimars. I'm sad to see the watering didn't help. Watering didn't make them worse so I doubt it's a root fungus. They don't look big enough to be root bound, especially in fabric pots. The bad news is, I myself don't know how to help you right now. The good news is, you've eliminated one possibility. Hopefully now someone else will be able make better suggestions. That's one problem with plants, 10 different problens can all look similar. Sometimes it's a matter of elimination, try different things and hope one works. I wish you the best of luck and hope someone helps you or your research leads you to a solution.

jaimars

jaimars

Hello Jaimars. I'm sad to see the watering didn't help. Watering didn't make them worse so I doubt it's a root fungus. They don't look big enough to be root bound, especially in fabric pots. The bad news is, I myself don't know how to help you right now. The good news is, you've eliminated one possibility. Hopefully now someone else will be able make better suggestions. That's one problem with plants, 10 different problens can all look similar. Sometimes it's a matter of elimination, try different things and hope one works. I wish you the best of luck and hope someone helps you or your research leads you to a solution.
Thanks

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
see any gnats, keep watching for them they have 30 day life cycle so new ones are hatching almost everyday and the larvee eat the roots of your plants than when ready come to the surface.
i bet that’s the problem.
they love it wet and humid.

Top Bottom