What’s in my tea?

• Thread starter Mr.Juice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

So I’ve decided to make a tea for shits and giggles. I have a 90gal cichlid tank that I haven’t cleaned for a year, took out half the water and all the rotten solid waste and sediment that I could. Figured that it would be a good base to make a tea.

So this is my recipe:
23 L dirty fish water, 4 tablespoons molasses, 1L cow manure, 1L shellfish compost, 20mL of voodoo juice and tarantula juice, tablespoon biofuze dry bacteria

Everything is bubbling nicely, smells good, foaming up after just a couple hours. So this is my question.

How much do I put on my plants? Does anybody test their teas? I have a TDS and pH meter. Might have aquarium nitrate test kicking around. Any input would be appreciated.

Whats in my tea
Whats in my tea 2
Whats in my tea 3
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So I’ve decided to make a tea for shits and giggles. I have a 90gal cichlid tank that I haven’t cleaned for a year, took out half the water and all the rotten solid waste and sediment that I could. Figured that it would be a good base to make a tea.

So this is my recipe:
23 L dirty fish water, 4 tablespoons molasses, 1L cow manure, 1L shellfish compost, 20mL of voodoo juice and tarantula juice, tablespoon biofuze dry bacteria

Everything is bubbling nicely, smells good, foaming up after just a couple hours. So this is my question.

How much do I put on my plants? Does anybody test their teas? I have a TDS and pH meter. Might have aquarium nitrate test kicking around. Any input would be appreciated.
only problem i see is that foam is gonna shoot out like a rocket hahahahh,beware of the foam ,the more mollases you use the more foam,lmao

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Yeah it’s outside, so it’s fine if it makes a mess.
But can I freely put as much as I want. With bottles there is a dosage, can you burn plants with a compost tea? Is it possible to put too much? How would I even determine that?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah it’s outside, so it’s fine if it makes a mess.
But can I freely put as much as I want. With bottles there is a dosage, can you burn plants with a compost tea? Is it possible to put too much? How would I even determine that?
if you dont feel safe,use less and dilute it,when i make tea,i use painter bags,kind at home depot,just mesh bags,i put a hefty handful of compost,if i ave any dry feeds left from veggie garden i use couple table spoons,mainly for the ewc and basalt,my coffe grinds for the week banana peels too,crushed egg shells,put in the bag and close it up,got some liquid kelp i use just a quick pour,30 ml of EM1 and 3 tbsp of molases in 33 gal of water,some times i use the uplift stand when im lazy i just use air stones,i really cant say when it done,i dont have scopes and stuff,just by eye when the foam has a brownish tent to it,when i see that i let it go about another 8 hrs or so,when it turns brown from the brownish i use it full strength,with yours i dont know how much of all you used,so cant say,tell me your mix

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

23 L of fish water, already high in nitrates
1L cow manure compost (has peat)
1L miracle grow shellfish compost (has peat as well
4 tbsp molasses

Didn’t bother with a bag since the opening was so small.

I added AN voodoo and Tarantula Juice and biofuze dry bacteria.

Had I just started with RO water I don’t think it would be a big deal. But this water is super high in nitrates from biological filtering. It’s been a year since I last cleaned the tank

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

the vodoo and spider stuff i never have used,the bacteria is probally same as the EM1 i use,but those 2 i mention ive never even seen so dont know there effects,but sounds like a good mix,you cant go wrong with teas friends,think along these lines,look at the shit we drink,in the city whats flushed is what we drink straight up wont kill us ,well some wont as we find out years later the auto industry has screwed a whole state if you dig,but it is only filtered for short,the things you add to your teas are just basic stuff and all feed the critters inside the soil which feed the plant,dig,if you be a little critter living in the dark woulkdnt you love some shit in your food hahahahah no really if you want to knoiw the best kept secret to a all around food for your plants,look right out the window and most places even in city dweelings stands comfrey,im telling you that alone will feed any medicine or veggie you grow any of them,fermented be smelling like a mix of dead bodies and shit ,stanky aint joking that you do have to dilute simply from being so concentrated,1 cup to 30 gal water all you need,as the robot on lost in space use to always say DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON when you open that lid,that shit will clear your sinuses quicker than CS gas ,stanky wear gloves hahah, all joke aside just handful of good compost and mollases makes great tea

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

23 L of fish water, already high in nitrates
1L cow manure compost (has peat)
1L miracle grow shellfish compost (has peat as well
4 tbsp molasses

Didn’t bother with a bag since the opening was so small.

I added AN voodoo and Tarantula Juice and biofuze dry bacteria.

Had I just started with RO water I don’t think it would be a big deal. But this water is super high in nitrates from biological filtering. It’s been a year since I last cleaned the tank
the vodoo and tarantula i know nothing of,,the mix looks pretty strong,you ever seen a uplift for brewing? it takes all of bottom runs up pvc and back to top and is cycled that way,i hang my bag right on it with wire and let it go,i have a commercial pump and air isnt a issue at all,i get a better continious mix over just air stones,it dark out now but if remeinde tomorrow i could throw a pic up for you

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

the vodoo and tarantula i know nothing of,,the mix looks pretty strong,you ever seen a uplift for brewing? it takes all of bottom runs up pvc and back to top and is cycled that way,i hang my bag right on it with wire and let it go,i have a commercial pump and air isnt a issue at all,i get a better continious mix over just air stones,it dark out now but if remeinde tomorrow i could throw a pic up for you
So from you stanky makers...lol. Guess my wholly mackerel fish fertilizer good for top dressing 🤔🤔😊I am sure it smells fishy. Lol 😜

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Voodoo and tarantula are just beneficial bacterial concentrates. Added them like a booster.

Yeah I’ve seen some of those designs. I will probably make something like that eventually. I just threw everything in and free floating. Will strain it when I use.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I still have 24 L of dirty dishwater I didn’t use. Took a sample of a sitting jug, didn’t want to stir up the sediment and make colour ID harder:

40mg/L of nitrate
1371 ppm

I’m guessing I will be ok lol

609157EA 5D8F 4990 8752 BED9C2ED47A2
Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

if you dont feel safe,use less and dilute it,when i make tea,i use painter bags,kind at home depot,just mesh bags,i put a hefty handful of compost,if i ave any dry feeds left from veggie garden i use couple table spoons,mainly for the ewc and basalt,my coffe grinds for the week banana peels too,crushed egg shells,put in the bag and close it up,got some liquid kelp i use just a quick pour,30 ml of EM1 and 3 tbsp of molases in 33 gal of water,some times i use the uplift stand when im lazy i just use air stones,i really cant say when it done,i dont have scopes and stuff,just by eye when the foam has a brownish tent to it,when i see that i let it go about another 8 hrs or so,when it turns brown from the brownish i use it full strength,with yours i dont know how much of all you used,so cant say,tell me your mix
Thanks for the info cuz I was wondering about that, the directions on the recipe I followed said brew 1 gallon and then add to another 1 gallon of plain dechlorinated water for a total of 2 gallons, so I guess I'll do that to be sure it's not too strong, at least for the first feeding

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks for the info cuz I was wondering about that, the directions on the recipe I followed said brew 1 gallon and then add to another 1 gallon of plain dechlorinated water for a total of 2 gallons, so I guess I'll do that to be sure it's not too strong, at least for the first feeding
thats how you do it,if i was to do the math and break it down,pretty much same thing would follow,1:1,the em1 i use is 1:10,keep eye on the plants it takes 3 days to see if anything went wrong,watch them plants lick there lips when you feed ,you will see a difrence,i do thats why i only feed tea,they love it

Top Bottom