What’s the best foliar treatment of PM during flowering? Tribus, baking soda, milk spray?

• Thread starter Letsgrowit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Letsgrowit

Hi Growers. In case it shows up, I’m wondering what’s the best treatment and/or preventative (besides airflow and pruning)?

Here is what I understand:

-Potassium silica during veg
-Foliar spray/spot treat with baking soda spray (2 tablespoons per gallon)
-Milk spray - 1 part milk and 9 parts water - but don’t spray too low because the sun activates it.
-Tribus- can you foliar this during flower?
-Regalia CG - biofungicide - can this be used during flower?
- Dr Zymes - all throughout flower

Best bet is to defoliate the affected area? For example if it’s on lower larf or foxtails?

If during week 7-8 - harvest and Cervantes bathing routine.

What do you all think - is this bro science or what? :-)

Thanks Growers!

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Spray with Potassium Bicarbonate instead of baking soda

Potassium bicarbonate additives can help kill powdery mildew spores on contact, while also increasing the pH level on the surface of the leaves. A pH level above 8.3 on the surface of the leaves discourages fungi.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi Growers. In case it shows up, I’m wondering what’s the best treatment and/or preventative (besides airflow and pruning)?

Here is what I understand:

-Potassium silica during veg
-Foliar spray/spot treat with baking soda spray (2 tablespoons per gallon)
-Milk spray - 1 part milk and 9 parts water - but don’t spray too low because the sun activates it.
-Tribus- can you foliar this during flower?
-Regalia CG - biofungicide - can this be used during flower?
- Dr Zymes - all throughout flower

Best bet is to defoliate the affected area? For example if it’s on lower larf or foxtails?

If during week 7-8 - harvest and Cervantes bathing routine.

What do you all think - is this bro science or what? :-)

Thanks Growers!
Grow a strain with long internodes and little leaf is the best bet

Observationist

Observationist

Potassium bicarbonate additives can help kill powdery mildew spores on contact, while also increasing the pH level on the surface of the leaves. A pH level above 8.3 on the surface of the leaves discourages fungi.
Does it kill anything else?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

DO NOT USE MILK! You must culture LABS and use that, this is a real pro tip look into it. Also there is a science behind why plants get this stuff, how strong is your plant is it just pumped full of simple sugars and salts makin it beautiful and weak.....Pro tip 2 Actinovate can be used and there is generics that have the same active ingredient for much cheaper. Really its about not getting it in the first place
for spraying you can use
Diluted Vinigar
Citric Acid based sprays(Procidic is much more concentrated than zymes but no yeast or essential oils.)
Oil based sprayes Lost Coast plant therapy, Mammoth
Sulphur buners you can buy name brand and can buy soluble sulfur
Diluted Hydrogen Peroxide

But really like i said its about growing preventatively, i have 10ft cannabis plants with PM on cosmos right next to them and not a single spot. Its cuz my plants are feed plenty of OG foods, we avoid the salts, the sugars, and keep it simple. Long complex chains of sugars and carbohydrates make it hard for fungus and mildew to rob them

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Your going to want to use at least three different sprays alternating constantly for best chances but imo PW is entirely fooked mon, i have seriously dug graves and buried plants for PM infections. If you do the research, and your not a purveyor of cheap tricks.....

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I like the Dr zymes and at the end I finish it off with a peroxide solution bath at harvest and then rinse in a fresh water bath. Blow them dry with fans and then dry as usual.

L

Letsgrowit

DO NOT USE MILK! You must culture LABS and use that, this is a real pro tip look into it. Also there is a science behind why plants get this stuff, how strong is your plant is it just pumped full of simple sugars and salts makin it beautiful and weak.....Pro tip 2 Actinovate can be used and there is generics that have the same active ingredient for much cheaper. Really its about not getting it in the first place
for spraying you can use
Diluted Vinigar
Citric Acid based sprays(Procidic is much more concentrated than zymes but no yeast or essential oils.)
Oil based sprayes Lost Coast plant therapy, Mammoth
Sulphur buners you can buy name brand and can buy soluble sulfur
Diluted Hydrogen Peroxide

But really like i said its about growing preventatively, i have 10ft cannabis plants with PM on cosmos right next to them and not a single spot. Its cuz my plants are feed plenty of OG foods, we avoid the salts, the sugars, and keep it simple. Long complex chains of sugars and carbohydrates make it hard for fungus and mildew to rob them
Thanks - by LABS, do you mean lactobacillus? Ever heard of Tribus and know if that can be foliar sprayed during flowering?

I am doing outdoors living soil organic ao it’s almost inevitable I will have to fight some fungus. Thanks again.

L

Letsgrowit

The PH of my tap water is 9.1 perhaps that will work…

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Yes i do indeed you can breed it really easily and simply instructions to be found here on youtube or online, pretty common. Outdoors in living soils its not inevitable, its actually easily preventable. Environment, strains, location, you can stack as many factors into your favor as you can to help mitigate this problem

L

Letsgrowit

Yes i do indeed you can breed it really easily and simply instructions to be found here on youtube or online, pretty common. Outdoors in living soils its not inevitable, its actually easily preventable. Environment, strains, location, you can stack as many factors into your favor as you can to help mitigate this problem
Thanks. I’ve had good luck this year so far. I totally agree with the right environment and care it can be avoided. I use rootwise and soon will be adding in Tribus. I’m planning to try Dr Zymes too.

Any idea if one can foliar LABS (or Tribus) during flowering. I feel like I should have used Tribus in veg but here we are… thanks!

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

LABS
Peroxide
Citric acid zymes or procidic( procidic will give you better results aginst PM cuz of its content of citric is like 3.1 and zymes is like .3) look on the back and then look into tings even deeper yo
Oil based
vinny
can all be sprayed in flower. alternate for best results. one day spray one day none. alternate products every spray.

start making labs now. clean plants super well. spray citric. back off nutes. and for the love of god do not feed any sugars or molasses!!! id cut out any salt crap too really

L

Letsgrowit

Awesome. This is super helpful. I do living soil all organics and feed good stuff.

How do you mix your peroxide?

Do you use procidic2 as well or just procidic and what’s the difference?

Are you cleaning your plants during flower or do you mean after harvest?

Thanks!!

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

One thing to keep in mind about using citric acid in this situation is the buds will be noticeably sour if you spray them with citric acid. This can taste good if not overdone. But it's easy to over do it.

Top Bottom