What’s the best way to check RH and temp during lights off flower cycle

• Thread starter Happyreefing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Happyreefing

Happyreefing

So what I’m wondering is what are yalls methods for checking the relative humidity and the temperature of your tent at night during the flower cycle being that you cannot expose the plant to any light. I am wondering if you use the wireless hygrometer/thermometer and if so what is a reliable one to use, please and thanks 🙏

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

I have a wireless thermometer (Govee) that I can use with my phone to check tent conditions AND tent room (lung room) conditions. I also use an AC Infinity Controller 69 which connects thru wifi and provides updates and warnings on my phone. The best one I’m using is the AC Infinity since I can monitor it anywhere that I have cell phone service.
Great bit of info , exactly what I was looking for , super helpful, thanks 😊 happy reefing

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

So what I’m wondering is what are yalls methods for checking the relative humidity and the temperature of your tent at night during the flower cycle being that you cannot expose the plant to any light. I am wondering if you use the wireless hygrometer/thermometer and if so what is a reliable one to use, please and thanks 🙏

There are Bluetooth enabled Hygrometer & Thermometers on Amazon for $12.99-15.99+

That’s the least expensive way you could go and be able to wirelessly check your conditions when you are near your grow.

If you want access anywhere the AC Infinity 69 controller PRO (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth enabled) is the deal.

beluga

beluga

In short - a probe.
Personally, I'd rather have a mechanical device over wireless any day. Unless we're getting into the realm of remote controlling which... I don't have a use for, but would be the only foreseeable scenario in which being able to see what my levels are from far away from the grow space would be applicable. It's like having a puppy monitor when you go away from the house - what are you going to do if you see them start to rip apart your shoes when you're many miles away?

Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I have the ac infinity controller 67 on all 3 of my tents, havent upgraded to the 69 wifi controllers yet. The 69s came out like a year or so after i got the 67 and they work fine so no real need to upgrade, all my stuff is dialed in so when i leave, i never have to worry about it. I also have a few of the Govee hygrometers around my house. They work pretty dang well too. I put all 3 next to each other and the only difference was .3 degrees. Humidity was the same across all 3.

ninjadip

ninjadip

i got a bluetooth RH/Temp monitor by VivioSun for under $20 on Amazon. Really cool. It will let me know the min/max of RH and temp over the last 24 hours so i can see the peaks. That's the critical info, not always the current RH/Temp but the highs and lows, and the average. The sensor also lets me know the min/max/current of the room the the main unit is in. So for me I have the bluetooth sensor in the tent, and the display outside the tent in the lung room. This way I can see by comparison on what my tent is doing relative to the grow room.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Thank you everybody for your wonderful words, after a lot of reading i’ve been finding that many of the cheaper wireless ones are very all over the place when it comes to the actual relative humidity and the temperature when compared to some of the more expensive units I’m not necessarily looking for the cheapest route just the most efficient and precise way without breaking the bank but I also don’t wanna go so cheap that I’m not actually getting a correct reading, you guys are awesome I really appreciate it I will let you know what I end up going with!

Blastfact

Blastfact

Each tent has a AC infinity exhaust fan control and a Inkbird ITC-608T to control humidifier in tent with there probes in tent. And have 4 ea. Govee H5100 sensors that only one is accurate out of the box. I use a 30 year old or older sling psychrometer to check calibrations points and set the needed off sets to get the china junk close to reading correctly. My gauge and sensor calibration shop I traded with for over 30 years closed there doors because Americans have become such half ass cheap sobs it wasn't worth it for them to stay open and put up with the china deep throaters. While I am retired I will go out and help a past good customer or friend with pump, boiler, chiller, cooling tower, heat exchangers or system issues. And I now have no idea where I'm going to go to keep my sensors and gauges calibrated.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Thank you everybody for your wonderful words, after a lot of reading i’ve been finding that many of the cheaper wireless ones are very all over the place when it comes to the actual relative humidity and the temperature when compared to some of the more expensive units I’m not necessarily looking for the cheapest route just the most efficient and precise way without breaking the bank but I also don’t wanna go so cheap that I’m not actually getting a correct reading, you guys are awesome I really appreciate it I will let you know what I end up going with!
a lot of the temp/RH products are cheap because it's a cheap technology. You don't need an expensive monitor to get accurate temperature and RH, now if you want a controller.. Yes, those do cost money.

If you just want to measure Temp and RH you shouldn't be spending more than $20 IMO. If a cheap one is off one degree in temp or 1-3 RH %, this isn't threatening enough to ruin a grow. Not even close.

beluga

beluga

You don't need an expensive monitor, but the more you drop on a probe, the more accuracy you'll get.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Each tent has a AC infinity exhaust fan control and a Inkbird ITC-608T to control humidifier in tent with there probes in tent. And have 4 ea. Govee H5100 sensors that only one is accurate out of the box. I use a 30 year old or older sling psychrometer to check calibrations points and set the needed off sets to get the china junk close to reading correctly. My gauge and sensor calibration shop I traded with for over 30 years closed there doors because Americans have become such half ass cheap sobs it wasn't worth it for them to stay open and put up with the china deep throaters. While I am retired I will go out and help a past good customer or friend with pump, boiler, chiller, cooling tower, heat exchangers or system issues. And I now have no idea where I'm going to go to keep my sensors and gauges calibrated.
That’s intense man , intense 😤 everything I’m reading online seems like all the cheap ones are super hard to get correct readings they are all different. But I guess if you buy enough of them and take the average is better than nothing😂😂😂🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

Top Bottom