What’s up with my bluelab ph pen.

• Thread starter Millwright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Millwright

Millwright

So I turned on my Bluelab ph pen to check my water and it displays UR. restarted a couple times, same thing.
Then it went from UR to 0.0, then back to UR. haven’t had this pen very long (month and a half maybe).
The probe has been kept moist in Bluelab solution. Bluelab is on break until January 5th. I have a backup, I would just like to know what’s up. Thanks

traeold420

traeold420

So I turned on my Bluelab ph pen to check my water and it displays UR. restarted a couple times, same thing.
Then it went from UR to 0.0, then back to UR. haven’t had this pen very long (month and a half maybe).
The probe has been kept moist in Bluelab solution. Bluelab is on break until January 5th. I have a backup, I would just like to know what’s up. Thanks
could be a couple of things...looks like either contaminated calibration solution, wrong calibration sequence or its damaged and needs to be replaced. how it is stored? are you storing in KCl solution? https://support.bluelab.com/ph-pen-faq-troubleshooting

Millwright

Millwright

could be a couple of things...looks like either contaminated calibration solution, wrong calibration sequence or its damaged and needs to be replaced. how it is stored? are you storing in KCl solution? https://support.bluelab.com/ph-pen-faq-troubleshooting
I took it to the store about 2 weeks ago. User error admittedly, I was having trouble getting it to calibrate. They have a set up right there, he used new solution, did the cal, and filled the cap with blue lab “storage solution”. Other than seeing it said blue lab, I didn’t look close.
Worked just fine 2 days ago.
Edit: I store with the cap on hanging from the loop on a peg board

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Sorry to hear about this. I have a new Bluelab, too, so I'll be interested to hear how they handle it for you.

Millwright

Millwright

Lo
Looking at the trouble shooting link, it would appear it’s telling me a bad calibration sequence. Odd because it has been fine, but hey me and electronics aren’t the best of friends lol, that’s why I hit steel with a hammer for a living. 😄
Thank you for your help.

traeold420

traeold420

Lo
Looking at the trouble shooting link, it would appear it’s telling me a bad calibration sequence. Odd because it has been fine, but hey me and electronics aren’t the best of friends lol, that’s why I hit steel with a hammer for a living. 😄
Thank you for your help.
lol no worries...they can be finiky sometimes. try calibrating to 7 then to 4 and see if that works! Glad i could help.

Millwright

Millwright

lol no worries...they can be finiky sometimes. try calibrating to 7 then to 4 and see if that works! Glad i could help.
I tried to calibrate, kept getting the same notifications. Took it to the store, they checked and cleaned, and checked and cleaned…
They got the same things. Gave me a new one 👍
It pays to shop local. Toledo Indoor Garden, Adrian store.

traeold420

traeold420

I tried to calibrate, kept getting the same notifications. Took it to the store, they checked and cleaned, and checked and cleaned…
They got the same things. Gave me a new one 👍
It pays to shop local. Toledo Indoor Garden, Adrian store.
I'm glad your shop helped you out and replaced it. I've had no issues with my bluelabs ppm and ph so you should be good to go! Happy growing.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

This thread is garbage.

if i have a problem with my car engine, do I go to the bakery for help?

Top Bottom