• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Whats up with the tips of these leaves points down almost right angles

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
One bent leaf lobe tip does not a disaster make! In other words, one bent leaf lobe tip isn't a problem. If it was on several leaves or spreads, then it would be worth taking a second look at. Bugs can cause similar issues, but they don't usually start at the tips of newer growth... plus it's just bent, not eaten or folded to make a nest.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've seen this happen a few times and like Jimster said it's not a problem if it's on one or two leaves. Anecdotally, I've seen it happen to plants when they change growers. As in, when someone gives someone else a mature plant, they take it home and put it in their environment and give it their feed and the tips do a nosedive. So I suspect it's likely related to a change in nutrients or ph. Did you change anything recently? Did anything otherwise change? Add anything? Runoff numbers are the same as usual?

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I've seen this happen a few times and like Jimster said it's not a problem if it's on one or two leaves. Anecdotally, I've seen it happen to plants when they change growers. As in, when someone gives someone else a mature plant, they take it home and put it in their environment and give it their feed and the tips do a nosedive. So I suspect it's likely related to a change in nutrients or ph. Did you change anything recently? Did anything otherwise change? Add anything? Runoff numbers are the same as usual?

recently got a ph tester and it’s been very acidic from watering. I balanced it out to 7. I got this from a friend at a month old had it for maybe 3 weeks or more. I started watering with mosquito dunks water. I’ve started having some fungus gnats, currently treating for those. I’ve had small amounts of liquid seaweed 1oz for 2 gallons and have been watering with that. Did a big drench yesterday for the gnats, got some T-drops (Tanlin/ xantham gum) from a shop for free which they told me to add. But I noticed the turned down leaves the day before yesterday so that wouldn’t be it. Do I need to soak with just water to wash away some nitrogen? I don’t want to overwater them.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Its probably from the change in ph. Funny though that it fits my observation that this happens sometimes when a mature plant changes hands from one grower to another.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Its probably from the change in ph. Funny though that it fits my observation that this happens sometimes when a mature plant changes hands from one grower to another.

some other leaves that are turned down

I have a handful of leaves that are asymmetrical and also have lighter edges. Is this nitrogen toxicity and if so is there any timely way to treat it?

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

some other leaves that are turned down
I have a handful of leaves that are asymmetrical and also have lighter edges. Is this nitrogen toxicity and if so is there any timely way to treat it?

Imo, they look fine. Nitrogen can cause clawing but a couple tips is no big deal. Just don't give them any more nitrogen and see how they go.

Top Bottom