What’s up with this? Yellowing

• Thread starter Ryboburton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

It very well may be. Be interesting to see how the next round flowers. It won’t be so hot here. But even with the ac on the temp is always at 78. Those same lights were at 74 in the room when it wasn’t hot outside. Just my conditions unless I air condition it but we have such a short period of this weather here it’s not worth the money

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I should kinda clear this up. Light/heat stress kinda go hand in hand with CMH. The IR raises the leaf temps. So yes i can agree there is some heat stress but its cause is from the light. This is why LED can be so much closer.... almost no IR

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Put your hand under the light at the top of the plants. Does it get pretty warm after 10-20 sec?

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Aqua surely they’ll still finish. I can’t really lower the temp but can raise the lights

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I agree i don't know CMH lights so it very well could be the lights too close.. i would think 2 foot would be fine but again.. i dunno shit bout no CMH!

But yeah heat bad from any source.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I should add 24" is not unreasonable. But a lot depends on the plants transpiration, VPD, co2, nutrients, and other factors. In ideal conditions you may not have an issue running that close. Sometimes we just need to back off em a bit when they get cranky like this

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

No. Hand is fine. Here’s where they are now. Yes pic was taken in the heat of the day. Sorry lights just went off but they can be raised soon. I just need to make something to do it

29BFB4E0 2621 4733 A568 D22196174412
FAD8389C B62F 4046 8B6B 2A240F747BB2
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

I’m creating a bracket at work with a friend that will be adjustable for any size lights to hang the lights from the bottom. You lose so much room with the triangle deals they come with and the yo-yos etc

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup look great man. So here is what ya do, check them right at lights on and see if the leaves are nice and flat. That will tell you if it is infact leaf/heat stress

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

My grow area may contribute to the heat It’s made entirely from operating room stainless steel. Since it was free why not lol. But it’s super super reflective. It’s vented at the bottom pulling air conditioned air but my t6 fan runs constantly when lights are on. Maybe a bit of ac is the way to go but it’s only like 2.5 months it’s like this here. Other than that it’s at 74

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Yup look great man. So here is what ya do, check them right at lights on and see if the leaves are nice and flat. That will tell you if it is infact leaf/heat stress
I actually did that two days ago. Not as bad but a few leaves here and there still had a taco. Why it baffles me

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think once the lights goes up it should help... Prob 6" is enough

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

I should kinda clear this up. Light/heat stress kinda go hand in hand with CMH. The IR raises the leaf temps. So yes i can agree there is some heat stress but its cause is from the light. This is why LED can be so much closer.... almost no IR
Hey and if you’re a led guy I could use some serious help. My clones and I think u have posted on my problems with them are under an hlg do it yourself 150 so they say. They burn or they stretch etc. I can’t figure it out. I just have to maintain them. As soon as these plants are done they go right in there and I know how to veg them in there. But the led confuses me. I letterally had a sick plant I experimented in there with. Before and after pics and finally had to move it and just threw it outside and it flourished. I forget to water it. Never hardened it off etc. it was started same seeds

EB40C838 F490 4E45 801D E33F62C3D8FF
E7AC5C58 5EC7 48A1 B35A ADF56D553783
4D6A0D44 A69D 4B63 B835 D8496C0948B9

Latest posts

Top Bottom