What’s wrong with my plants? Yellowing, purple stems, brown spots

• Thread starter architeuthis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

architeuthis

I got these as stressed clones so they’ve always had purple stems but that hasn’t gone away. I’m still in veg. Using a California Lightworks SolarSystem 1100 light with the recommended 26 inches away and veg light set up. I use fox farms ocean forest soil and Fox farms grow big about every other time I water them. My water PH is 6.0. I water them about two quarts of water every other day. I alway wait till the soil is knuckle deep dry before watering. This particular plant is 31in tall in a 3 gallon bucket. I want to put them in 5 gallon fabric pots but don’t want to stress it further.
Thankful for any help!

Whats wrong with my plants yellowing purple stems brown spots
Whats wrong with my plants yellowing purple stems brown spots 2
Whats wrong with my plants yellowing purple stems brown spots 3
A

architeuthis

What is your soil meduim?
It’s the fox farms ocean forest. The bag says it’s made up of aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss, earthworm castings, bat guano, fish emulsion, and crab meal

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

It’s the fox farms ocean forest. The bag says it’s made up of aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss, earthworm castings, bat guano, fish emulsion, and crab meal
Then I would do a light foliar spray of cal mag tonight and then transplant tomorrow. I would put it in a 7 gallon if you can a 10 gal. Might have to scratch the roots a little if they too knotted up. The soil will have all it needs for the next week or 2

freezeland2

freezeland2

Then I would do a light foliar spray of cal mag tonight and then transplant tomorrow. I would put it in a 7 gallon if you can a 10 gal. Might have to scratch the roots a little if they too knotted up. The soil will have all it needs for the next week or 2
If it’s new soil it will be good for at least 4 - 6 weeks before needing amendments.

A

architeuthis

I also have 7 gallon fabric pots, so I can do that. Thank you for the help!

A

architeuthis

I would add 1 gram of epsom salt per gallon of water every time it will help clear stems you need more mag than cal at this point
Ok, interesting searched for ages about curing the stems with no answers at all. Would you suggest transplanting them then moving forward add the epsom salt to every water?

D

Dugplug

Was scared putting them in a bigger pot will shock them further. But I’ll be doing that tomorrow once I can get more soil. Was going to add Cal-Mag to my next feeding, but would that be ok right after transplanting them?
It's sress that causes that I wouldn't transplant them if the stems are purple it could be genetics other than the purple stem they look fine

B

Bnormandin

It's a magnesium deficiency cause by the led. I have 3 solar system 550s and a couple Fluence 2is and w/o using Mag amped I had red stems. Use Mag Amped 3=5ml/gal in every reservoir or with every feeding in soil.

atmosphere

atmosphere

In my opinion a lot of growers start with way to high nutrient levels (salts) . Organic nutrients are also partly salts and cause sky high EC levels combined with the added nutrients ! It looks like there is a shortage of something , but the soil contains enough of everything , the plants just don't take it up because of too high EC levels .
You wil be suprised how low EC levels in natural soils with very healthy plants are ! storing nutrients in the form of salts in your soil is a bad Idea .

These plants recieved very little additional nutrients.
Smallgallery 4254 232 1059133dfae47672bd64b420b29f716c260e238

11Hick11

11Hick11

Get your PH up, 6.0 is low and that plant is not getting nutrients it needs. Id flush with PH'd water then start them on a light feed until those stems turn green again. Id do it Before Flipping them. JMO

FlyinEagle

FlyinEagle

I see green moss or some shit on the top of your soil so your conditions are too "wet".
Just use peat and loam and perlite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom