What’s Wrong With My Seedling?

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I have 8 seedlings but this is the only one showing issues. Currently vegging under 450w led(200 true watts) in fox farms ocean soil. Just transplanted to 2gal pots but it showed this orange/red color on the leaves even before the transplant. Here’s a pic.

Whats wrong with my seedling
Perception

Perception

Some will say that fox farm ocean is too hot for seedlings, but I’ve used it many times successfully to start young plants.

Looks like a little light burn? How close are the lights? Hard to say tho

EDIT: nvm, i see this is only 1 of 8 plants. If others ok probably not light. Maybe just weak genetics making it sensitive to a nutrient issue. I’ve had some plants get similar issues when it’s bothers and sisters were doing fine. Never figured it out, but mine did recover after giving a drink with OG Biowar

Nugg

Nugg

Yeah..no nutes,for first few weeks...I'm grow dwc.so I have no idea how you do it in pre mixed soil..

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Light is 30 inches away. Yeah maybe its just the genetics because the others seem to be fine. Havent added any nutes.

Dan789

Dan789

I like to keep seedlings under fluorescent light till they get a few branches going... that's just me though.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Only 1 seedling? It all most looks like your light may be to close, I set my light so the leaves point up to the light and they are not shying away from it, you are not feeding anything yet there to small, if you are I would think they would all be like that, keep a close eye on the rest of them, there so young yet its really hard to say, a seedling is in a vulnerable state, I usually put my seedlings under a 300w light until they have grown a few sets of leaves and the main stem hardens, at this point I switch to 600w then start slowly aclimateing the young plants to food, it could be a dud bean but again keep a close eye on the others.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your useing ffoc? As a medium? That's what I use, I have never run into an issue with that medium I use it on everything seedlings included, I never thought of it as a hot medium but I never start to feed until the leaves stretch out and I have a few good sets of leaves, I would say either your light is to close or that 1 seedling could not handle the nutrients.

Top Bottom