What’s Wrong with the tips?

• Thread starter Askye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Askye

Askye

Hi!
Ive noticed the top of a couple of my plants are turning yellow. This only seems to be happening at the tallest point of the plant. (Picture / video attached)
They are blueberry auto flowering - week 4 day 2
My grow guy seems to think it’s definitely nutrient burn but they only get about 1ml of a natural fertiliser every watering (around every 2-3 days) and not all the plants are yellow at the tips.
He also believes they are stretching a lot, and my lights are not powerful enough. I am using 200W Mars Hydro lights at around 26/30in from the canopy.
However this is a guy that told me to repot auto flowers… so I am not jumping at his suggestions.
Any other suggestions what this might be?

Whats wrong with the tips
CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

It does indeed look like nute burn.

During my last run I decided to do the Jack's 3-2-1 for my autos. I followed the feed schedule religiously and ended up locking all my plants out. My last two auto runs have had issues with lock out. From my personal experience auto's can't quite take the feedings like photo's can. I've seen this echo'ed on an auto flower community a couple of times as well. I usually go 75% on my nutes as the max and dial back as needed.

As far as the light goes. I don't know what size your grow space is or the exact model of light, but looking at the Mars TSW2000 PPFD chart I found, it looks like you're getting a max of 700PPFD in the middle @24 inches height /w 100% intensity. Since you're a bit higher than that and you have your plants spaced out more, they are probably getting closer to 300-400 PPFD. From what I've read here you wanna aim for 600-800 PPFD for flowering. I would drop the light to 24 inches and go from there. I think you'd be fine dropping it to 18 inches or lower in a couple of weeks.

Side note, do you have any drainage in those pots or are they solid? If you don't have any drainage you're going to have issues later on.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
yes that is a sign of upcoming burn issues feed that one every other watering and put those pots closer and lower the lights on them is this a 2x2 or what?

D

Dugplug

It does indeed look like nute burn.

During my last run I decided to do the Jack's 3-2-1 for my autos. I followed the feed schedule religiously and ended up locking all my plants out. My last two auto runs have had issues with lock out. From my personal experience auto's can't quite take the feedings like photo's can. I've seen this echo'ed on an auto flower community a couple of times as well. I usually go 75% on my nutes as the max and dial back as needed.

As far as the light goes. I don't know what size your grow space is or the exact model of light, but looking at the Mars TSW2000 PPFD chart I found, it looks like you're getting a max of 700PPFD in the middle @24 inches height /w 100% intensity. Since you're a bit higher than that and you have your plants spaced out more, they are probably getting closer to 300-400 PPFD. From what I've read here you wanna aim for 600-800 PPFD for flowering. I would drop the light to 24 inches and go from there. I think you'd be fine dropping it to 18 inches or lower in a couple of weeks.

Side note, do you have any drainage in those pots or are they solid? If you don't have any drainage you're going to have issues later on.
That's not true my Bruce banner autos are thriving with extra flower fuel try it you'll like it

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I'm glad your auto's can take it. I have a blue dream auto right now who's taking jack's at 125% of the regular feed schedule straight to the face. Granted she's in coco vs. soil, but she's loving life.

That all being said every plant is different, every grow is different. Auto's tend to have their own grow cycle they adhere to, so nailing your feeding schedule can be challenging. The transition periods are harder to plan for in an auto and that means adjust your feed schedule can be challenging too.

This maybe just my personal experience, but I feel photo's are way more forgiving of mistakes. Over feed it during veg and burn the shit out of it? That's okay, just dial it back and veg for another two weeks. You decide when to flip to flower and can adjust how much cal/mag you're giving, or when you will top dress/give teas. If you over feed an auto and stunt it, well you're fucked, plants going to start showing pistils tomorrow and it's going to be stunted going into the stretch. It's easier to go lighter on your feed so not to cause toxicity and then have to flush your autos, which will for sure hurt your yield, compared to the alternative of going slightly lighter and maybe not maximizing your yield.

Again IMO.

Top Bottom