What’s your Dry/cure/trim process

• Thread starter widwestgreenscapes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

How full do you fill the paper bags?
I fill em halfway then top it with another bag for 12 hrs then turn all buds to ther side. Repeat process. till it feels dry on outside. Usual day depending uknow dense of the flower etc..

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

For everyone that uses paper bags, how much do you put in each bag? Like a quarter full, half full? I'm giving this method a go but not sure I'm doing right.
Halfway 12 hr on one side then flip nother 12 hrs. Should b dry to touch.takes out that extra moisturizer in buds and mold prevention. Give it a go. Mines come out A1.

growsince79

growsince79

Halfway 12 hr on one side then flip nother 12 hrs. Should b dry to touch.takes out that extra moisturizer in buds and mold prevention. Give it a go. Mines come out A1.
In my world the paper bag has zero mold fighting properties, but does helps keep moisture in.

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

I just completed my first harvest and this is how I've done so far. I wet trimmed large fan leaves, hung branches upside down for 6 days with a dehumidifier set at 50% small fan and exhaust from my tent, removed buds from branches(stems were cracking when bent), and places into paper bags with holes poked into them for 3 days, then trimmed and jarred for curing... I open the jars after shaking them every day and once a week I plan on dumping the jars and airing out the buds for 20 mins. then back to the jars to continue curing. Temps around 72 at 55% humidity...

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I just completed my first harvest and this is how I've done so far. I wet trimmed large fan leaves, hung branches upside down for 6 days with a dehumidifier set at 50% small fan and exhaust from my tent, removed buds from branches(stems were cracking when bent), and places into paper bags with holes poked into them for 3 days, then trimmed and jarred for curing... I open the jars after shaking them every day and once a week I plan on dumping the jars and airing out the buds for 20 mins. then back to the jars to continue curing. Temps around 72 at 55% humidity...
Perfect bro

L

Lovecronik

Wow, fascinating all the different processes that work for everybody…

I remove the fan leaves, and hang dry with plants almost touching floor back part of my artrium ranch basement…temp avg 68-71f & H ~50-59% depending on what season in Missouri.
About 9 -10 days later—After crisp outer & squishy inner I move to large deep insulated freezer boxes not running (deep coolers as well work the same). Check humidity next morning, aiming for 61-64% & if low I’ll put some orange peels, piece of wet paper towel, etc just depends what mood I’m in… on the bottom of the cooler until my humidity comes back up to where I want it.
Forgot to mention I put the whole bud arm branches in the cooler with stem on floor pointing up & remove a good portion of the larger sugar leaves, but not all. (After a few grows those are used for Dry sift Hash).
So, i’ll keep the buds in the coolers for the next 4 to 6 weeks, opening the cooler once a day to burp & checking my humidity gauge (For me it’s amazing how constant H stays).
Then depending on what my plans are for the herb it will even go to 2 quart mason jars for further curing & burped
1 week. (Or simply be put on parchment to dry further for Icewater Hash or Hash Oil).

So…why do I do it this way, after a year of using large mason jars after the initial drying, I got tired of opening them twice a day…😱
So my wife said why don’t you just use those old coolers & of course I looked at her & said “brilliant”…Now my herb is easy to cure, smokes great, & my marriage will last another eternity 🎶.

((Seriously though I noticed no difference in curing this way versus hang dry & right to the jars, Or completely trimmed & Buds to the Bud drying rack then jars…like I also had done for a while!!!
To me it’s the “aging” process that is the most important for a…smooth smoke))
🎶😎🎶
Do you meen chilly bins kind of things

Latest posts

Top Bottom