What about use cfl\energy saving lamps for the entire life of autoflowering plants?

• Thread starter dogofan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dogofan

I to everybody and greetings to the great mr. kimera. i have a 60x60x140 growbox, where i want to grow 4 autoflowering plants (i think auto bluberry or diesel ryder...what do you think?) someone can tell me if the energy saving lamps makes good results in terms of production?for personal exeperience veg is not a problem, but how they will flower with a 200w cfl+ 4x33w (tot watt:332, tot lumens: about 25000\27000)?thank you very much

true grit

true grit

I flowered my auto AK's with CFL for 4wks, then finished 4wks HPS....I saw no discernable difference. The density was there on the autos with CFL's, but not on my true flowering plants with CFL's....kinda attests to autos growing no matter what conditions. If I ran autos again, I'd just use a small tent with cfl's. I ran 3 62 watters and 2 42 watters.

D

dogofan

thanks man.so about 400w of cfl is good for autos, but why not for normal plants?for the dimension (light penetration)?or because normal plants simply need more power?thanks again

true grit

true grit

Not really sure, just what I observed. Almost as if the genes are gonna make the autos grow a certain way in a certain timeframe regardless. Where as it takes a lil more penetration and lumen flux for non-auto plants to run a full life cycle with quality results. Just a thought from my experience, some people are happy flowering with CFL's.

D

dogofan

how much grams your auto ak produced?i mean the plant that pruduce less and the one that prodeced more..thankyou again

pokey

pokey

i grew diesel ryder under 2 100 w cfls and the plant was strong and cristaly as fuck. it yielded around 20 grams and grew about 18 inches.i used a dwc setup

true grit

true grit

I got around an ounce off of 2 small Lowlife Auto Ak's. I believe it was like 12g on one and 14g on the other. Conditions were pretty consistent, they finished around 12" tall and in 55 days from seed. Not bad if you want a quick zone.

The non-auto that grew with them and flowered an extra 4-5 weeks yielded almost 4 ounces of sorta fluffy arm sized colas. Just not very dense, especially for a kush cross.

D

dogofan

pokey, how much days of life for your dyesel ryder?i grew 2 white dwarf outdoor this summer, whit good (not best) conditions, they had a veg much less strong and consistent than the previous 2 that i grew (veg indoor and flower outdoor but on the wrong season so the flowering was bad) with a 200w cfl (and that was even a lamp for flowering).the point is that the last 2 had a great floering outdoor (dense flower and many cristals, aproximatly 20-25 grams for each), so: i know that autos make a perfect veg indoor with cfl, a veg that allow it to make a perfect flowering (teorically even better than my last 2 outdoor) but the cfl can give enugh light?or i have to expect me something worst than outdoor?thankyou guys

T

TheMiracle

I have always heard/read latly that cfl is no contest to the weight hps puts on a plant. Heard it to the point I'm trying to find a realiable 1000watt system for 5 dwc buckets. I can't get a str8 answer its driving me fucking mad.

D

dogofan

but 1000w it's a problem for cooling, distance from plants, temperature, fire risks, you know things like tath...i prefer cfl...

B

blues frog

Although my harvest so far has been small, the top parts of my plants has been pretty dense, and all the parts I could expose to the light as well, by judicious pruning, bending, tying leaves and branches out of the way.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

FYI, CFLs at their ceramic base heats to a temp of about 200 degrees. Cfls also when opperated in other than the base down burn out MUCH sooner than their stated(lied about) life span. Plus if you want tight nugs use the sun or hid.

B

BamBamEh

when you folks rock cfl's do you do a vertical hang or horizontal with reflector. i was thinkin about a 8 plant op with 2 vertically oriented cfls and some florescent side lights as my plants rotated. does this sound feasible at all or am i wasting time.

B

blues frog

when you folks rock cfl's do you do a vertical hang or horizontal with reflector. i was thinkin about a 8 plant op with 2 vertically oriented cfls and some florescent side lights as my plants rotated. does this sound feasible at all or am i wasting time.

It sounds alright to me, but you will need to make sure any areas with bud are well exposed to the light, or they will be fluffy and sparse. Check my first grow, with one 300w cfl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom