What am I doing wrong? 2 week old GSC AUTO starting to look bad

• Thread starter Pandenstein
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pandenstein

Pandenstein

Hello amazing people,
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here.
I've 2 week old seedlings that are beginning to look bad.

Setup:

Strain: GSC Auto flowering
Indoor grow tent.
*Temps: vary between 24 in the evening and 29 Celsius. Some spikes of 32 Celsius were recorded.
Light: 120w full spectrum by Migro light.
Light cycle: 18-6
Humidity: 40-70% (drops when I open the tent for cooling and ventilation purposes)

Medium: Biobizz light soil mix
Watering: keeping the soil moist with a water sprayer. Using bottled mineral water.
Nutrients: used Humboldt's Gold roots accelerator inside the water sprayer by a dosage of 1.1ml/gal

Problems:

As you can see in the pictures, one plant has remained tiny while the others have outgrown it tremendously. It has also started to deform.

Other plants have grown nicer but:
1. The stem is quite short and burn marks on some leafs. I therefore raised the light from 5 cm to about 16 cm.
2. Leafs are curling down heavily. Nitrogen toxicity from the root accelerator? Why is this happening? Is it the heat?
3. Leafs starting to lose color and get deformed.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix/ continue forward?

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!
signal-2021-06-19-084915.jpg
signal-2021-06-19-084930.jpg

What am i doing wrong 2 week old gsc auto starting to look bad
What am i doing wrong 2 week old gsc auto starting to look bad 4
Last edited:
Pandenstein

Pandenstein

Light: migrolight 120w
Humidity: 40-70%. Got a humidifier installed. Humidity drops when I open the tent to reduce the heat

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I thought this should be ok for the size of the tent
That should get to a better level of growth . Good luck keep us posted . Od .

Cypress66

Cypress66

Hello amazing people,

Setup:

Indoor grow tent.
*Temps: vary between 24 in the evening and 29 Celsius. Some spikes of 32 Celsius were recorded.
Humidity: 40-70% (drops when I open the tent for cooling and ventilation purposes)

Watering: keeping the soil moist with a water sprayer. Using bottled mineral water.
Nutrients: used Humboldt's Gold roots accelerator inside the water sprayer by a dosage of 1.1ml/gal

Problems:

As you can see in the pictures, one plant has remained tiny while the others have outgrown it tremendously. It has also started to deform.

1. The stem is quite short and burn marks on some leafs. I therefore raised the light from 5 cm to about 16 cm.
2. Leafs are curling down heavily. Nitrogen toxicity from the root accelerator? Why is this happening? Is it the heat?

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!View attachment 1137162View attachment 1137163
If you’re tent is a 2x2ft then the migro is a good light for your area you are way too close at 5cm the recommended level is 6”or 16cm I have a aray 240wt basically is two of the 120wt was hanging at first at the recommended level and the full power of the driver but it will be too much for the young plants to handle and i now run it at a lower level and the height is about 8” 20cm is just as good if not better you have a great light but it is designed for a 2x2ft which is giving you 30wt per square foot and that’s enough did you get the one with the red Osram in your light or just the full spectrum i got the plus red and I’m more than happy with the results and they have a pro version out now that is a bit more powerful but the results of the light is on point and they will get the results of the flower let me know how you are getting on with the plants and the light if you don’t mind i would be interested in the results and the best of luck with your garden peace ✌️

Mad_Agro

Mad_Agro

If you’re tent is a 2x2ft then the migro is a good light for your area you are way too close at 5cm the recommended level is 6”or 16cm I have a aray 240wt basically is two of the 120wt was hanging at first at the recommended level and the full power of the driver but it will be too much for the young plants to handle and i now run it at a lower level and the height is about 8” 20cm is just as good if not better you have a great light but it is designed for a 2x2ft which is giving you 30wt per square foot and that’s enough did you get the one with the red Osram in your light or just the full spectrum i got the plus red and I’m more than happy with the results and they have a pro version out now that is a bit more powerful but the results of the light is on point and they will get the results of the flower let me know how you are getting on with the plants and the light if you don’t mind i would be interested in the results and the best of luck with your garden peace ✌️
Lighting sounds like a great call here. They look stressed but shouldn't have many needs to stress over at this point. And it's dual advice- because honestly backing off from full light slows the plant, which allows you to address things. Slow down to get some traction before speeding up. They look like they're spinning their wheels.

@Pandenstein You might consider a few bottom waterings. Spraying starter nutrient and letting it dry like that could allow it to concentrate in the medium beyond safe seedling level. By bottom watering, you'll get some nice washing effects- you can add new nutrient this way as well, but would only recommend this on seedlings if you leeched out any build up first🤞❤️☺️🌱

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Watering: keeping the soil moist with a water sprayer. Using bottled mineral water
This is part of the problem. Water to wet all media then let it dry back well before doing so again.

As was stated light was to close back it way off. One of the most common mistakes a new grow makes is MORE is better mentality.

No need for nutes yet, wet the entire media until you see a few drops coming out then let dry well as roots don't grow into dry soil. Of the plant starts drooping like its going to die you waited to long but will bounce back fast.

See vid for visual.

The more light the more you are pushing the plants to grow and increasing demands on roots, leaves, environmental requirements and nutrients. The hard you push the more dialed in things need to be. The first thing you should do when you see an issue is back the light off and fix the issue. Being a new grower keeping the light further will give more room for error and likely give you a healthier plant in the end. I have seen so many light stunted and fried plants that I can tell you a but under lit will grow way faster than to much. As you go you can slowly increase.

Your leaves are swollen so that tells me there is an environmental or stress issue with the roots or leaves. Humidity 60--65% would be ideal. And temls of 73-78f in your case will benefit you. If the plant was healthier you can go higher.

Make sure you have good air exchange and movement.

I can't stress enough that as much as you want to force them to grow as a first time grower it WILL bite ya I'm the ass everytime. So just sit back relax and go easy on them.

More plant die to love than neglect my friend.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Hello amazing people,

Setup:

Indoor grow tent.

Problems:

Thanks
Hello amazing people,

Setup:

Indoor grow tent.

Problems:

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!View attachment 1137162View attachment 1137163
how’s the garden going Pandenstein are you about?love to see your progress and your opinion of your light peace ✌️

Latest posts

Top Bottom