What Am I Doing Wrong?? My First Plant Is Changing...

• Thread starter starchildxp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

IS THIS PLANT HEALTHY AND CAN IT BE HARVESTED AT THIS TIME?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
S

starchildxp

What am i doing wrong my first plant is changing

What am i doing wrong my first plant is changing 2

What am i doing wrong my first plant is changing 3

It's been now 7 weeks of flowering, but doesn't this plant have more buds to produce before I harvest or is this plant ready already? Special Queen has 7 weeks flowering periode. Around 30% of the "hairs" have turned brownish at this point, but is sporadically around the plant. Some buds have only white "hairs" sticking out though.

I really appreciate all help. This is my first plant so I'm naturally concerned about all the fall-grounds.

Seed: Special Queen
Indoor and outdoor combination. Flowering period solely outdoors with 12 hours sun/12 hours dark indoors.
Flowering fertilizer used: Atami C-Bloom for 7 weeks now

For reference, this is pictures of the plant taken two weeks ago:
What am i doing wrong my first plant is changing 4

As you can see the plant had much more white crystals two weeks ago (and it was very sticky compared to what I have now). What am I doing wrong? Or is it normal as you get closer to harvesting?

All replies are appreciated.

Lucy ;)

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Maybe the trichs decline is strain dependant. My AK 47 just packed on more and more frost. Have you scoped the buds yet to see the condition of its trichs?

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

Have you been using straight water during the last weeks of growth or are you still forcing ferts down her throat?

indicabush

indicabush

Can't always go with noted flowering period it's generally just an approximation. As @3N1GM4 said posting some pic's of the whole plant w/b helpful.

S

starchildxp

Maybe the trichs decline is strain dependant. My AK 47 just packed on more and more frost. Have you scoped the buds yet to see the condition of its trichs?

Hi kbellfoy, and thanks for the feedback. I haven't looked at the trichs yet, but how do I tell other than to see decline over the next days? Is there something specific I should look for?

S

starchildxp

Have you been using straight water during the last weeks of growth or are you still forcing ferts down her throat?

Hi dutch69lover. I have continued to give ferts since the beginning of flowering. 5ml + once every 5-7 days accompanied with a little pure water in-between.

I read from some that two weeks prior to harvest I should only give it pure water...? Appreciiate all tips as I am starting to worry about my beautiful girl...

S

starchildxp

Its swelling up, doesnt look quite ready, need a whole plant pic to see if something is wrong with it.

Picture taken of the whole plant, but still maybe hard to tell by the quality of the pics?
IMG 20151123 184228743

I might add that the top biggest leaves on the buds have within two days turned purple and other leaves downwards are still green and looks/feel healthy. The trichs are as stated still in decline though...

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Hi kbellfoy, and thanks for the feedback. I haven't looked at the trichs yet, but how do I tell other than to see decline over the next days? Is there something specific I should look for?

There is a great thread by Seamaiden about when to tell it's harvest time. I was wondering if you had scoped in case u could see anything wrong or any pests etc. I scope all my plants....bud....leaves....stems even soil regularly so I can find probs that much faster. It has also helped me learn about these marvellous plants.

S

starchildxp

There is a great thread by Seamaiden about when to tell it's harvest time. I was wondering if you had scoped in case u could see anything wrong or any pests etc. I scope all my plants....bud....leaves....stems even soil regularly so I can find probs that much faster. It has also helped me learn about these marvellous plants.

Yeah, that was a great thread!!

I don't know if I should, but I've watered half a liter with pure water two times today and within record time the soil gets dry down to approx 1 cm beneath the soil in just 1-2 hours each time. Does this mean she is in great need of water or should I dry her out more? Consider that the temperature outside is 21 degrees Celsius (70 Fahrenheit)

I post here a picture taken 10 mins ago just for ref.
Whole plant

S

starchildxp

She can take some more phosphorous, or maybe just feed a little molasses the next few waterings, then straight water.

Would it be a good idea to boil some water with crushed White Beans and mix it with water and give this to make her get phosphorous? My local grow shop has very limited substrates, ferts and nutrs so I hope this could do the trick.

S

starchildxp

She can take some more phosphorous, or maybe just feed a little molasses the next few waterings, then straight water.

Or maybe I can give her some baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) , and in case I can use this, what would be the right amount?

Latest posts

Top Bottom