What am I doing wrong?

• Thread starter Dabzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabzz

Dabzz

Did everything that some guys suggested and it still not working I feel like I'm doing shit wrong. Can some one tell me why my stuff turns out like this. 1st pic is right after the muffin. The muffin was nice light gold too.I let it go for about 15 20 mins. Then release pressure and go full vac. I have fliped the patty every 6 hours. This is just a lil run by the way but after 28 hours of purgeing on temp 105 to 115. 2nd pic this is what I get and it still is reacting too not alot but still bubbles not big lil ones. I used frozen scrimp and whip it butane. But I didn't freeze that. Anyone tell me wtf I'm doing wrong. Thanks

What am i doing wrong
What am i doing wrong 2
Dabzz

Dabzz

Did you use neem or any other crap
Sorry. Neem? idk what that is man. No I didn't use any filtration stuff. I have thought about it but don't really know how to use it. Like actived charcoal. But no just don't know what happened and what I'm doing wrong

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Freeze the butane, freeze the material and the blaster and everything that contacts the product pre-filtration. Also, freshness and more importantly quality of the material plays a huge part. Even fresh frozen... If its piled up in the growroom and gets warm before its frozen itll start to compost and go dark. If you want light colored shatter it starts in the growroom man. Plants harvested early in the window so NO amber trichs, product allowed to dry for 12 hrs before freezing, NEVER pile the fresh product up so that it starts to sweat and degrade.. If you get that right then it's just a matter of keeping everything at extremely cold temperatures, and minimizing exposure to oxygen.

Dabzz

Dabzz

Freeze the butane, freeze the material and the blaster and everything that contacts the product pre-filtration. Also, freshness and more importantly quality of the material plays a huge part. Even fresh frozen... If its piled up in the growroom and gets warm before its frozen itll start to compost and go dark. If you want light colored shatter it starts in the growroom man. Plants harvested early in the window so NO amber trichs, product allowed to dry for 12 hrs before freezing, NEVER pile the fresh product up so that it starts to sweat and degrade.. If you get that right then it's just a matter of keeping everything at extremely cold temperatures, and minimizing exposure to oxygen.
My stuff is fresh and frozen man. But it is in all in one bag. 4lb of it. Prolly not smart. So pretty much saying there is really no way to get a nice light color shatter with trim and it don't taste the best? So wtf can I do with this 4lbs of pretty good trim I mean good enough to smoke and it don't taste like shit and gets you pretty high That I can make a profit on. Any suggestions?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My stuff is fresh and frozen man. But it is in all in one bag. 4lb of it. Prolly not smart. So pretty much saying there is really no way to get a nice light color shatter with trim and it don't taste the best? So wtf can I do with this 4lbs of pretty good trim I mean good enough to smoke and it don't taste like shit and gets you pretty high That I can make a profit on. Any suggestions?
Try getting everything way colder and try again man. I'm not saying its garbage, I'm just saying that oxidization darkens resin, and heat darkens resin, especially when it's still fresh on the plant. A small pile of trim on the floor or in a bag starts to sweat and compost really fast, and that material oxidizes quickly. Dont have it all in a bag for longer than an hour or two at most when its fresh, Its best to do the 12 hrs pre-dry on screens to let it sweat off its initial moisture before it goes in the freezer. Also couldnt hurt to purge the vacuum chamber with argon or Co2.

And yeah, sad to say but the secret to getting that golden pale yellow see through shatter is immature resin, taken from plants harvested too early. There, I said it... lol.

Dabzz

Dabzz

Try getting everything way colder and try again man. I'm not saying its garbage, I'm just saying that oxidization darkens resin, and heat darkens resin, especially when it's still fresh on the plant. A small pile of trim on the floor or in a bag starts to sweat and compost really fast, and that material oxidizes quickly. Dont have it all in a bag for longer than an hour or two at most when its fresh, Its best to do the 12 hrs pre-dry on screens to let it sweat off its initial moisture before it goes in the freezer. Also couldnt hurt to purge the vacuum chamber with argon or Co2.

And yeah, sad to say but the secret to getting that golden pale yellow see through shatter is immature resin, taken from plants harvested too early. There, I said it... lol.
So let it dry out out for 12 hours put in back in the freezer in a tub or a jar? And freeze is for a whole day then try and. How do you do that purge the vacuum chamber with argon and co2? This trim was ran threw a bud trimming machine witch collected it all then bagged and put right in the freezer the only time it sweated is the car ride back to the house. But i have heard alot about celite or actived charcoal but don't know how to do it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Charcoal will strip the color and the smell/flavour.

After you harvest spread the material out thin and let it dry for 12 hrs, then either get it in the freezer asap or load it into the blaster and put that in the freezer asap, along with the butane. Leave it in the freezer for no less than 48 hrs before you make the extraction, and do the extraction in the freezer with silicone gloves if possible.

Purging can only be done if you have a co2 or argon cylinder, it's a common welding supply item. You literally just fill the vacuum chamber with inert gas before you seal it up to prevent oxidation.

Dabzz

Dabzz

Charcoal will strip the color and the smell/flavour.

After you harvest spread the material out thin and let it dry for 12 hrs, then either get it in the freezer asap or load it into the blaster and put that in the freezer asap, along with the butane. Leave it in the freezer for no less than 48 hrs before you make the extraction, and do the extraction in the freezer with silicone gloves if possible.

Purging can only be done if you have a co2 or argon cylinder, it's a common welding supply item. You literally just fill the vacuum chamber with inert gas before you seal it up to prevent oxidation.
I definitely can't do the extraction in the freezer lol. I would if I could. And so activeed charcoal is bad or good? It will strip it like make it a lil better but not really worth it?. Or it will make it way better? I'll buy a bag of it. But I don't know how you filter it or anything to do with it. I would like to know tho. And so where do you get that stuff like co2 or argon cylinder. You just blast it in the purger then Close it real quick and start purging correct?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I definitely can't do the extraction in the freezer lol. I would if I could. And so activeed charcoal is bad or good? It will strip it like make it a lil better but not really worth it?. Or it will make it way better? I'll buy a bag of it. But I don't know how you filter it or anything to do with it. I would like to know tho. And so where do you get that stuff like co2 or argon cylinder. You just blast it in the purger then Close it real quick and start purging correct?
For the gas, pretty much. You can rent the tanks from welding supply places or just buy a 5lb co2 tank for probably the same price. But it might not be worth it, you can make nice shatter without it, it's just sort of a cherry on top.

And the charcoal, usually people put it in the bottom of the blaster and pre blast it to remove dust and shit, then just load the shake on top of it. Or you can filter it through a second stage if you keep it all cold in the freezer.

Dabzz

Dabzz

Yeah shit I already spent over 500 bucks on everything and haven't made shit to make any profit I have ran 5 times first 3 was Prema goo Then I made some sorta badder still shit taste and now I made this. Witch I tried but still tastes werid I purged for 28 hours. But when I put a lighter to it. It still sparks and shit. Is that mostiure or butane. Like I said I purged for 28 hours on temp 105 to 115. No way there is still butane left right. I'm gonna buy a bag of charcoal. And going to try everything that you suggested. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom