What am I doing wrong

• Thread starter Dabward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabward

Dabward

Do you still have some distilled water? If so gingerly scoop 2 gently packed Tbsp of soil out of the pot and mix it with 4 Tbsp distilled water and let it sit for 20 min or so, stirring here and there. Then use a calibrated digital meter and stick it in the slurry to get a reading.
What tools exactly do you have to work with?
The verdict is 5.97.. So this dry meter is trash..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
IMO The only thing the cheap green one is halfway decent for is moisture. They are handy for that. If you want to try pH with it your soil has to be very moist and you stick it in and let it sit for five or 10 minutes. Wouldn’t Have faith in its accuracy.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
But don’t just throw it away or stomp on it! LOL. When you get into bigger pots they can help you diagnose watering problems.

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

Don't count out bugs I see a lot of white dots on your leaves, check on the underside and see if you can spy anything.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I had those twisted half leaves early on but just stuck with it and it grew out of it and turned into a decent looking plant. But I’m not indoors. And like the man said, never assume there are no bugs. Have to prove there are no bugs!

Dabward

Dabward

Don't count out bugs I see a lot of white dots on your leaves, check on the underside and see if you can spy anything.
Definitely not discounting bugs either.. this looks like fking bugs of some kind. I noticed I 2 days ago and I've been looking hard. Haven't seen anything visible.. I'm going to pull them all out today and sterilize the space and do a thorough inspection.. Ive been concerned about bugs. I have some rather large gaps around my garage door I should seal with something I was just going to greatstuff the door shut if it comes down to it.. I built this damn thing so the garage door could still open.. but I should have just walled the whole damn door over. Would have had almost 9 feet height instead of 88in

20210816 105443
20210816 105447
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i d
So I just picked up the soil meter with the probes.. its reading all these plants at high 7 Just used it for the firsttime.. just shy of 8.0. The fudge did that happen.. . Are these things reliable? I've got the 4.00 and 9.18 6.86 solutions for calibrating the digital ph meter.. can I dip it in one of those to test?
Definitely not discounting bugs either.. this looks like fking bugs of some kind. I noticed I 2 days ago and I've been looking hard. Haven't seen anything visible.. I'm going to pull them all out today and sterilize the space and do a thorough inspection.. Ive been concerned about bugs. I have some rather large gaps around my garage door I should seal with something I was just going to greatstuff the door shut if it comes down to it.. I built this damn thing so the garage door could still open.. but I should have just walled the whole damn door over. Would have had almost 9 feet height instead of 88in
the fat ness or bloated look to the leaves is from watering too frequently and the spots too..
always good to clean up everything!!

Dabward

Dabward

i d

the fat ness or bloated look to the leaves is from watering too frequently and the spots too..
always good to clean up everything!!
God I hope sooooo .. Definitely got over watered.. And it is something that seems to progress upward slowly. Instead of sporadically like bugs would present.Heres to hoping.. Definitely not watering again until they are clearly thirsty.. could be sunday.. When I do water again. Is there any recommended treatments to help the roots bounce back. Or just letting them dry out thoroughly followed by healthy watering regiments will be enough?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
God I hope sooooo .. Definitely got over watered.. And it is something that seems to progress upward slowly. Instead of sporadically like bugs would present.Heres to hoping.. Definitely not watering again until they are clearly thirsty.. could be sunday.. When I do water again. Is there any recommended treatments to help the roots bounce back. Or just letting them dry out thoroughly followed by healthy watering regiments will be enough?
just patience..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Get a long spike nail, and poke holes in the soil. Don't try and power thru, you are just opening the soil to make sure water flows correctly. That will also help rehab the roots.

Dabward

Dabward

It's been 8 days since my watering with nutrients. Finally looking thirsty. Leaf temp went from -7° to +2 from this morning to now.. fed them all the same. Some.burnt . 1 did not and 1 makes me want to.cry.. Using advanced nutrients connoisseur. Used it at the cutting clone rate of 1ml per liter..and not even. I.did 3ml per gal. 3ml of calmag instead of the 5ml . Haze XL AF Is still thriving ..orange sherbert looks burnt. And that curling... the leaf bloatedness makes me.still not want to water it.. It has clearly been overwatered. Green crack back right is also burnt but not as much and growing like.gangbusters... Obviously no more food this next watering..which I may still wait until the morning for. DOES ANYONE see anything I'm missing. OR.HAVE any advice. ? Thanks

20210819 213310
20210819 213224
20210819 213217
20210819 213214
20210819 213203
20210819 213156
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Get a syringe to measure your nutrients correctly. Make sure you water to runoff.
and get them up off the ground.
next water I would flush feed at 500ppm.

Dabward

Dabward

Day 18 today..
Do they normally sit on the floor like that?
Yeah currently I dont have buckets these fit into.. Ive got plastic dishes for 5 gallon pots to collect run off. When I feed. But I took them out so I can get them closer to the center of the light.. Not usually with all that loose dirt.. I made a mess checking soil for wetness. Just now..

Dabward

Dabward

Get a syringe to measure your nutrients correctly. Make sure you water to runoff.
and get them up off the ground.
next water I would flush feed at 500ppm.
Thanks for confirming.. ive got a box of 50 3ml syringes . I use a different syringe for each bottle of nutrients to avoid any mixing.. Ive got rubber garage floor covering coming this week. And I ordered buckets and trays. 3 grow stores and 2 hardware stores and I couldn't find what I needed this week ..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Day 18 today..

Yeah currently I dont have buckets these fit into.. Ive got plastic dishes for 5 gallon pots to collect run off. When I feed. But I took them out so I can get them closer to the center of the light.. Not usually with all that loose dirt.. I made a mess checking soil for wetness. Just now..
Get some toy blocks or something and lift them off the floor to prevent root rot.
It only needs an inch or so.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Thanks for confirming.. ive got a box of 50 3ml syringes . I use a different syringe for each bottle of nutrients to avoid any mixing.. Ive got rubber garage floor covering coming this week. And I ordered buckets and trays. 3 grow stores and 2 hardware stores and I couldn't find what I needed this week ..
4'x2' egg crate works wonders and allows almost any configuration you want

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sitting on the floor can give you a cold rootzone too. If you have a thermometer I'd be curious what your media temp is. Should be mid to high 70's.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you need patience as you go through a wet/dry cycle from here on out with your feeding but back off on calmg, 3 ml is a lot, 5 ml would be the max ever used. more like 1-1.5 ml till the plant is at least twice that size. get a consistent environment for day and night, lots of airflow. is your light too close also?
to me looks very slow growing and could be stunted, the more you just leave them be the better they should be.

Dabward

Dabward

Get some toy blocks or something and lift them off the floor to prevent root rot.
It only needs an inch or
On it! Thanx EVERYONE! Cleaning and looking for something to use.. Im going to wait until tomorrow. Let them.get good and dry and water to runoff. With RO only .. MacGyver'd this bab boy in yesterday. Not pretty but it works.. Limited on space... apparently 12 inch utility sinks are not a thing..
you need patience as you go through a wet/dry cycle from here on out with your feeding but back off on calmg, 3 ml is a lot, 5 ml would be the max ever used. more like 1-1.5 ml till the plant is at least twice that size. get a consistent environment for day and night, lots of airflow. is your light too close also?
to me looks very slow growing and could be stunted, the more you just leave them be the better they should be.
Light was too close I think. And I agree. They stopped growing up at some point and started bushing out. Air flow is good. 4in forced in and 6 out opposite corners top and bottom. Filters on both sides. The minisplit keeps the temp between 78.5 and 81. It is set to 80. Kicks on at 81. Shuts off 78.5. The fans are set to high and low humidity keeping VPD between 7.9 and 1.1humidifier is outside of the grow space. And the tornadoe fan which is too strong for this little space moves the rest of the air around.Ive been running them 24/7. But im thinking I should cut back to 18/6 give them some rest...

20210821 142948
20210821 141934
20210821 141920

Latest posts

Top Bottom