What am i doing wrong??

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

This is the second plant im trying to dry/cure. I cant get it right. My plant hung in the closet for 7 days. Humidity was at 50%. None of the stems were snapping but the buds felt crispy. I removed all the buds from the stems and put them in mason jars Along with two humidity readers. I purposely put this in the jars earlier than last time because my humidity never went above 55% last attempt. So far the buds have been in my messengers for a few hours and still my humidity is not going over 55% at this point. I don’t know what I need to do. The stems were not snapping whatsoever and the buds were not completely dried out but yet my humidity is still low. Do I need to wait 24 hours for the humidity reader to get a good reading? My first attempt I put a boveda 62% humidity packs in the jar and my humidity still never got above 56% . I don’t know if my humidity reader is defective but all of my humidity meters are reading at the same humidity.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Are you dry trimming or wet?

how big are the stalks?

do you have a second rh meter to test this one against?

quick pic?

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

This is the second plant im trying to dry/cure. I cant get it right. My plant hung in the closet for 7 days. Humidity was at 50%. None of the stems were snapping but the buds felt crispy. I removed all the buds from the stems and put them in mason jars Along with two humidity readers. I purposely put this in the jars earlier than last time because my humidity never went above 55% last attempt. So far the buds have been in my messengers for a few hours and still my humidity is not going over 55% at this point. I don’t know what I need to do. The stems were not snapping whatsoever and the buds were not completely dried out but yet my humidity is still low. Do I need to wait 24 hours for the humidity reader to get a good reading? My first attempt I put a boveda 62% humidity packs in the jar and my humidity still never got above 56% . I don’t know if my humidity reader is defective but all of my humidity meters are reading at the same humidity.
Build A drying tent with a hygrometer on/off switch set to 55% humidity. Connect a humidifier and a dehumidifier. Add a small fan on the bottom. Temperature you are aiming for is 60 °f . At a 15 day dry time. Do your snap test. Trim it dry . Jar it. Check at least 3 times a day for condensation/humidity build up and burp when you need too.
Buds literally comes out perfect . I will find a YouTube video for you to follow.
The best environmental control is a niwa. Has a bad ass app that you can control when you are away from home. I will post a link for you.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

traeold420

traeold420

silly question...but are your jar lids closed tightly?

growsince79

growsince79

What temp is the jar?

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

You are so welcome. I had a problem with drying for the longest time. This is the most awesome best way to do it. Like smoking meat . Got keep it low and slow. Check out his whole series the man knows what he is doing and saying . Backs it up as well with science.
Also dudes company and him can guide through the transition to organic and to no till regenerative agriculture.

B

BHolmes030

It takes longer depending on bud size. It can take 21 days for huge buds to dry. But 7 to 15 for decent sized buds. Just be patient. Impatience and paranoia are a growers wrst enemy. Like Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part". But try putting a small dehumidifier in your tent or where its drying they sell them on amazon for about 40 or 50 bucks.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

It takes longer depending on bud size. It can take 21 days for huge buds to dry. But 7 to 15 for decent sized buds. Just be patient. Impatience and paranoia are a growers wrst enemy. Like Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part". But try putting a small dehumidifier in your tent or where its drying they sell them on amazon for about 40 or 50 bucks.
I won't dry anything 7 days. A minimum of 14 60°f and 60% humidity. Create a dry tent. This way you literally drying and curing at the same time.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I won't dry anything 7 days. A minimum of 14 60°f and 60% humidity. Create a dry tent. This way you literally drying and curing at the same time.
There are certain things you can do before harvest to help speed things up just a bit.
It is a slow process none the less.
The best piece of advice I can give you is read as much as you possibly can on EVERYTHING related to growing while also taking the hands on method at the same time.
1.(Revised) Medical Marijuana Grow Bible by Jorge Cervantes
2. Marijuana Grow Bible by Greg Green
YouTube is also a great source of info for all growers new & old.
Grow your Greens, Mendo Dope, Grateful Grower, Build a Soil!
"Gyg" only has 4-6videos on cannabis but extremely helpful.
Feel free to hmu at any time as well

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

How wet the plants are if your flushing, and how much leaf you have not trimmed off will cause dry time to take longer.
Nothing wrong with cutting off large fan leaves before harvest.
Good luck

Top Bottom