What am I doing wrong?

• Thread starter Coppermike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Coppermike

Ok, so recently I did a no-no. I transplanted a plant that matured early against its sister. And I’m doing so I may have broken 25-30% of the roots.. after reporting I also may have over watered, because the next day I had droopy leaves, which I expected but NOT LIKE THIS! so naturally I did some research and figured I may have root rot.. and used the hydrogen peroxide method, fml. The leaves dropped more, and in new locations.. but the bud growth continued and I still haven’t changed the light cycle nor the kelvin of the lights.. so she started to reveg. This is where I took a step back. Noticing im doing to much here I let her sit for 3 days before I watered. the plant looked the same, but I noted new growth at the canopy. I changed the light cycle and bulbs (3000k) now she’s thriving some what, again the bud growth is very noticeable but the fan leaves have seemed to be sucked dry if it’s nutrients which is probably common since it needed all the water to rebuild and or distribute it to the buds.. so the issues are, wilting leaves, drooping leaves that won’t pop back up (it’s been 2 months) and dark leaves.. I’ll show my set up, and please keep in mind that I’m just a fan of growing this type of plant; so I wasn’t prepared when I first planted them, nor am I prepared now, but I’m using what I have around the house, here are some shots. Keep in mind there are two plants the one in the bucket is the one with the issues.
What am i doing wrong

What am i doing wrong 2
What am i doing wrong 3
What am i doing wrong 4
What am i doing wrong 5
What am i doing wrong 6
What am i doing wrong 7
What am i doing wrong 8
What am i doing wrong 9
What am i doing wrong 10
What am i doing wrong 11
What am i doing wrong 12
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

so not sure where to start here. is this the location you have been growing the whole time? What type of seeds are you growing? if a plant started to bud with out switching the light cycle then its an auto, but an auto will not reveg. You really need a tent, closest or room to grow your cannabis. The plants need complete darkness when they are in flower, 12/12 cycle. If you are just growing this for fun then no worries, but if you are trying to get something to smoke this set up will not work

C

Coppermike

so not sure where to start here. is this the location you have been growing the whole time? What type of seeds are you growing? if a plant started to bud with out switching the light cycle then its an auto, but an auto will not reveg. You really need a tent, closest or room to grow your cannabis. The plants need complete darkness when they are in flower, 12/12 cycle. If you are just growing this for fun then no worries, but if you are trying to get something to smoke this set up will not work
So yes, this is where they have been the whole time, not sure on the seeds as I found them in my local dispensary. At first it was just the vanity light, which has two spectrums, 6000k (blue) and 3000k which you are seeing now, when I transplanted the one that started budding early, I left the 6000k on, thinking it would help with its recovery. That is when it started to revegetate. As for the other one, two was transplanted the same day, but did not have any branches just fan leaves. And is now starting to bud from the new added light and 12/12 cycle. By the way, the lightbulb is a 100w led 1500 lumens 3000k. I have grown before where my plant was literally behind my bed post. Where a nightstand was, she grew to about 4 feet, but at the time I was using way more light.. using cfl’s at the time… but I am noticing the one Leefers, drying fan leaves, and twisted leaves, as if it turned to look for light elsewhere. I really don’t see an issue with the flowering with my naked eye, but there could be something happening internally. Any idea on why those leaves will not perk back up? Remember, I used some hydrogen peroxide with water because I thought I had root rot when I probably didn’t..

C

Coppermike

Plant number 2 + canopy
PS: that is natural light coming in from the window.
B1C7855C 7260 41EF 9605 02FEF7E7F9B8

3FCF352F 5B4E 46D7 BE61 E80557396B97
C

Coppermike

I also want to add, there is a fan on, hitting the wall, so the air bounces back towards the plants, and not hitting them directly. I heard that wind just stresses them out, unless you are trying to make the branches thicker.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Ok, so recently I did a no-no. I transplanted a plant that matured early against its sister. And I’m doing so I may have broken 25-30% of the roots.. after reporting I also may have over watered, because the next day I had droopy leaves, which I expected but NOT LIKE THIS! so naturally I did some research and figured I may have root rot.. and used the hydrogen peroxide method, fml. The leaves dropped more, and in new locations.. but the bud growth continued and I still haven’t changed the light cycle nor the kelvin of the lights.. so she started to reveg. This is where I took a step back. Noticing im doing to much here I let her sit for 3 days before I watered. the plant looked the same, but I noted new growth at the canopy. I changed the light cycle and bulbs (3000k) now she’s thriving some what, again the bud growth is very noticeable but the fan leaves have seemed to be sucked dry if it’s nutrients which is probably common since it needed all the water to rebuild and or distribute it to the buds.. so the issues are, wilting leaves, drooping leaves that won’t pop back up (it’s been 2 months) and dark leaves.. I’ll show my set up, and please keep in mind that I’m just a fan of growing this type of plant; so I wasn’t prepared when I first planted them, nor am I prepared now, but I’m using what I have around the house, here are some shots. Keep in mind there are two plants the one in the bucket is the one with the issues.View attachment 2114479
I would stop doing things to try and correct it, you stressed it out big time and keep poking it. That's just me though don't take it as gospel

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I also want to add, there is a fan on, hitting the wall, so the air bounces back towards the plants, and not hitting them directly. I heard that wind just stresses them out, unless you are trying to make the branches thicker.
I blast the crap out of mine they get used to it if they ar good genetics

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

how are you giving the plant total darkness for 12 hours if its in a common space like this,

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I blast the crap out of mine they get used to it if they ar good genetics

I noticed dry leaves or wind damage is more likely when the fan is only a few inches away from the plant, which can be a problem in a small tent. So, I don't point fans at my plants. Instead, I turn off oscillation, point them parallel to the side of the tent and run them at low speed. This keeps the air moving inside the tent. I think it's okay to point the fans at the plants (or oscillate them) in larger tents or growing spaces where there's adequate distance between the fans and the plants.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’m guessing that at least one of those containers doesn’t have any drain holes in it! For less than 10 bucks, you can start off with some decent fabric pots and save yourself some headaches! And you know the lights, leave something to be desired! And it looks like a re-veg! With all these plants have going against them, I’m surprised they look as good as they do! And now, for the bad news! JK. Hope you can nurse them through to the finish line! Not just picking on you, but there’s no substitute for doing your due diligence before you pop your beans! See it all the time around here!

E

Eclipted

There’s a whole lot to unpack here. First I want to say that weed plants don’t like to be messed with that much. Homeostasis is something we all enjoy. Plants too.
The initial transplant was nothing more than transplant shock. You need to be very careful when repotting your plants. I only break roots off if they seem unhealthy, rootbound, or sometimes by accident lol. When you repotted her and 20% of the roots got ripped off it shocked the hell out of ur plant. Imagine if I ripped 3 of your toes off. The next day you wouldn’t feel too hot yknow. The plant just needed some time to recover and she would have bounced back. You added fuel to the fire when you tried to peroxide wash her. Especially since she didn’t need it. This is all okay it’s part of the learning process. I’m with the other growmies on here, you gotta buy a tent or something to help try regulate light cycles and room conditions. You can buy a cheap tent off Amazon. I think for now I’d just be giving them water and watching. Maybe add a lil bit of glucose to your water to see if you can get that one plant to start perking back up. I ran into just about every problem you could think of on my first grow and still came out with some amazing smoke. They’re gonna bounce back homie 💪🏻💪🏻 long as you keep it simple and show em love

C

Coppermike

I’m guessing that at least one of those containers doesn’t have any drain holes in it! For less than 10 bucks, you can start off with some decent fabric pots and save yourself some headaches! And you know the lights, leave something to be desired! And it looks like a re-veg! With all these plants have going against them, I’m surprised they look as good as they do! And now, for the bad news! JK. Hope you can nurse them through to the finish line! Not just picking on you, but there’s no substitute for doing your due diligence before you pop your beans! See it all the time around here!
There’s a whole lot to unpack here. First I want to say that weed plants don’t like to be messed with that much. Homeostasis is something we all enjoy. Plants too.
The initial transplant was nothing more than transplant shock. You need to be very careful when repotting your plants. I only break roots off if they seem unhealthy, rootbound, or sometimes by accident lol. When you repotted her and 20% of the roots got ripped off it shocked the hell out of ur plant. Imagine if I ripped 3 of your toes off. The next day you wouldn’t feel too hot yknow. The plant just needed some time to recover and she would have bounced back. You added fuel to the fire when you tried to peroxide wash her. Especially since she didn’t need it. This is all okay it’s part of the learning process. I’m with the other growmies on here, you gotta buy a tent or something to help try regulate light cycles and room conditions. You can buy a cheap tent off Amazon. I think for now I’d just be giving them water and watching. Maybe add a lil bit of glucose to your water to see if you can get that one plant to start perking back up. I ran into just about every problem you could think of on my first grow and still came out with some amazing smoke. They’re gonna bounce back homie 💪🏻💪🏻 long as you keep it simple and show em love
Cool man thanks!

C

Coppermike

Not easily. Maybe put a cardboard box over them at night?
As for the dark part, all lights are shut off, the only light coming in would be from the outside street lamps or moon, but I obviously use the curtain

Top Bottom