What am I growing and how am I doing????

• Thread starter MomAnom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MomAnom

MomAnom

I am a mom who found 2 seeds at her son’s apartment in January. The seeds came from local disp here in RI. I put the seeds in a tiny box in my glove compartment and planted on 5/12 never thinking they’d amount to much. By 5/18 they sprouted! I fertilized at week 4 with the same fert I use on my veggies & herbs(argo thrive organic general fert). I topped them at 8-10 weeks like I do my tomatoes(lol). After much research I bought advanced nutrients: bud ignitor, big bud & overdrive. My 2 plants are in 5 gallon containers and kept outside. I recently bought small tent for cooler nights. I used the bud igniter for 2 weeks after thinking I was about to start flowering & both looked female. I am now at week 3( I think) and started big bud. I continue to use the Argo because I’ve had good luck. My stem & leaves look healthy(I think). They are approx 5’2” each. I have no idea what I am growing but my kids seem ecstatic and tell me it smells like fire(haha). Any suggestions, tips or general opinions of experienced growers would be appreciated!!!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I looked your plants over. Wow they are doing great!
I'd suggest that you sit down and defoliate the plant as much as you can. The bottom 1/3 everything off the stalks.
The top, I remove everything that is not bud on main and sub stalks. Leaving only leaves growing out of the top colas.
So you end up with a plant that looks like this. If you leave it as is it All those big fan leaves shade the ripening buds forming on the stalks and sub stalks.
You will end up with a lot of very airy popcorn bud rather than spectacular tops. As I'm not growing for sale I strip all stalks and sub stalks, Everything bellow the colas on each stalk and sub stalk leaving only top cola buds and little shading. It would not hurt to give them a little Pro Mix blooming mix. I have had great success with Pro mix 3-6-12 from the garden center. 1 cap full in a watering can once a week. Yes defoliating shakes the plant up a bit but in 2 days it's back to doing it's thing. I sit down and remove all new growth bellow the forming colas once or twice a week. Do this and you will have the best bud you can imagine.
IMG 2087

MomAnom

MomAnom

I looked your plants over. Wow they are doing great!
I'd suggest that you sit down and defoliate the plant as much as you can. The bottom 1/3 everything off the stalks.
The top, I remove everything that is not bud on main and sub stalks. Leaving only leaves growing out of the top colas.
So you end up with a plant that looks like this. If you leave it as is it All those big fan leaves shade the ripening buds forming on the stalks and sub stalks.
You will end up with a lot of very airy popcorn bud rather than spectacular tops. As I'm not growing for sale I strip all stalks and sub stalks, Everything bellow the colas on each stalk and sub stalk leaving only top cola buds and little shading. It would not hurt to give them a little Pro Mix blooming mix. I have had great success with Pro mix 3-6-12 from the garden center. 1 cap full in a watering can once a week. Yes defoliating shakes the plant up a bit but in 2 days it's back to doing it's thing. I sit down and remove all new growth bellow the forming colas once or twice a week. Do this and you will have the best bud you can imagine.
View attachment 1164858

Madbud

Madbud

Or you can pluck the leaves as they yellow, the plant uses those leaves for food and outdoors they get all the light they need.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I grow for me. I only want to harvest top colas so I mainline as many times as I can early. Then let the plant go wild until it begins it's flowering stage, then when the plant starts yellowing I defoliate leaving only leaves growing out to the top buds and do not let the plant grow popcorn buds on the stocks. None at all.
I do feed with Pro Mix 3-6-12 during this stage so the plant is not hungry. It's just how I do things. I'm only interested in harvesting the cream of the crop top cola buds. Even if I'm going to use it for bubble hash. Believe me bud like this, makes for pretty good bubble. Doing what ever works for you is always the best plan of action.
IMG 2030

Last edited:
Top Bottom