what are some good ways to increase yeild outdoors?!

• Thread starter Crom1904
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Crom1904

Hey all im starting this thread kind of late . My plants are almost to the point of flowering outdoors and I was doing alot of super cropping this year I have five 8 foot tall pure power plant and fice 8 foot tall white widow !!! How do you increase your yeild I would like to try new things :harvest::

F

farmerjohn

Shaping, as you would indoors, is always an option. Often we find outdoors the elements, animals, etc., take care of that for us, but adding bud sites is a universal way to increase yields. Super cropping, or bending the top buds over, will encourage side branch growth. Adding fertilizer to promote flowering & beef up buds works outside under the big halide in the sky! I scattered a few close by, that I placed in the ground, pot & all. Those I hike to & water with bat guano tea, once a week. I have shaped them a bit too & they are 5-6'ers, with multiple top branches, that should yield well. If you fish, bury one close to the plant & let it rot. Old indian trick.

C

Crom1904

hey thx for all the great information ill be sure to use it

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Crom,Use it about a Tbs into a gallon of water when you water. During flowering...untill flush! Hope that helps you. Also, works very well as part of your tea making! Here: ...monkey5

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't forget to lick the drips. Stuff's yummy. :D

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The fish is an excellent fertilizer, as Farmer John says, but be wary; Raccoons, Possums, cats, and other animals will dig them up if You don't bury them deep enough and/or take precautions to fence your plants. Check out my "sushi grow". Heavy feeding strains absolutely LOVE whole fish.

And here's a link to info on molasses:
molassesfacts

C

Crom1904

Ok great so im going to go to the store tomorrow and get a bottle of molassas . so far my plants are 2 weeks in to flowering i will be putting up pictures tomorrow after i get the molassas =)

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Ok great so im going to go to the store tomorrow and get a bottle of molassas . so far my plants are 2 weeks in to flowering i will be putting up pictures tomorrow after i get the molassas =)

Make sure you get organic unsulphered blackstrap molasses if possible!!

M

MedDudeChcioCA

PSG = Pelletized Seabird Guano
Fish Hydrosolate
High Grade Kelp
Humic Acid

M

MedDudeChcioCA

The question was how to increase yield outdoors. How can adding more nitrogen during July not directly increase yield in the Fall?

L

LOWLIFE

Nitrogen/potentcy

I don't know it all but I have experimented with MJ for long time n Nitrogens seems great to grow a plant up but its a natural cycle to deplete the available nitro as the season progresses. In mid summer the plants just explode in the month or so before they bloom and use all the nitrogen well most of it available to them and imo a trigger for them to stop growing branches n bloom like crazy is using up the available nitro this same factors more extreme at seasons end as the plants ripen the cool weather really slows/ stops nutrient uptake in the ground thats what we manipulate with flush inside. Plus over nitrogen ferts make plants bud taste aweful compared to moderated fertilized herb. Less is always more to me it seems but of course just enough is awesome. Push um to there limit first half of season then cut them off or way way back n watch them explode.

Smokin' Lowlife

gorwterror

gorwterror

Why you don't try a Plagron Green Sensation .
or some bio concept like alga bloom.

B

Badmf

No one mentioned lacto bacillus? Instant gratification! Do a search for recipes. DIY for change.
Be wary of molds late in bloom, I dose em with Green Cure prior to heavy bud formation. (once a week) milk/water spray works too. Peace!

Blaze

Blaze

Mycorrhiza, aerated compost tea (ACT), regular foliar feeding, and having a very wide hole/bed/pot to grow in are the four things that will make the biggest difference.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Good ol' Moles Ass (mollases) Blackstrap is the best to use and you can get it with Food stamps:party0042:
I forgot the ratio for mixing but it works. It is what is in many nute makers formulas just with added stuff. It is basically sugar water.
There is also a Hi-Brix Moles Ass(molasses) that is supposed to work wonders.
If you have 8 footers I would say if you want to increase yield you could always bend and tie the branches for more light and bud spots.

Top Bottom