What are some options for keeping seeds healthy?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Curious what everyone does to make sure their unused seeds stay healthy for future grows. I have read of people leaving them in the freezer for years, read others just keep them in a bag or bottle for awhile til ready to use in the future. Are there any special ways or needs to make sure the seeds stay healthy for future use?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Stable temp and low humidity is best. Many suggest the fridge but with the door opening all the time it gets humidity spikes.

I have a lightproof jar in a cool room in a bottom drawer of a nightstand with rice in the jar to suck up excess humidity.

Seeds have stayed mostly viable for years now. Just germinated some from the early 2000’s i had stored in there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sounds like some solid advice @MIMedGrower

My advice comes from sources with much more experience than me. In this case my favorite breeder. He said rice instead of desiccates. Desiccates suck out too much moisture in his opinion.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Nice will give it a try. I just got my hands on several strains but cant grow them all at once so wanna store. When I'm ready I want them to still be productive so wanna store them properly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom