What are the best humidifiers and dehumidifiers for growing with the inkbird humidity controller?

• Thread starter newbeegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbeegrower

I had a humidifier from vocolinc that wasnt outputting enough humidity to keep up with my 2 inline fans in my 4x4, im trying to get a good humidifier for seedling and veg and a dehumidifier for flower. Its in a basement and my lung room is used often enough so the lung room isnt completely sealed off. It seems like the inkbird humidity controller works good so id like it get it especially because i will want my dehumidifier in my lung room, so the probe would come in handy. So in that case i would want a humidifier/dehumidifier that can be turned on and off without having to be manually turned on.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
For humidifiers in my tents, I use models sold by Levoit that can operate from a control plug. I also have AC Infinity humidifiers that are operated by the controller. I've used both for several runs and they both work well.

I just ordered a new dehumidifier from Amazon that I can't rate because it hasn't arrived. It should arrive Thursday. It has a phone app and can link with Alexa. The humidity level is adjustable.

I don't believe I'd want to use a separate controller for a lung room dehumidifier. I think it's better if the dehumidifier includes that capability.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
N

newbeegrower

For humidifiers in my tents, I use models sold by Levoit that can operate from a control plug. I also have AC Infinity humidifiers that are operated by the controller. I've used both for several runs and they both work well.

I just ordered a new dehumidifier from Amazon that I can't rate because it hasn't arrived. It should arrive Thursday. It has a phone app and can link with Alexa. The humidity level is adjustable.

I don't believe I'd want to use a separate controller for a lung room dehumidifier. I think it's better if the dehumidifier includes that capability.
I was looking at the ac infinity t3 but i seen mixed reviews about it. Plus ive read that most humidifiers and dehumidifiers with auto turn on/off functions to keep a certain humidity arent accurate, also i dont want to have my dehumidifier in my tent. That is why i want the inkbird because it will control the dehumidifier by the rh of the tent and not the surrounding rh of the dehuey. I dont want 2 inkbird controllers i just need one, for one humidifier and one dehumidifier. And although i can find humidifiers with probes i cant for dehumidifiers with probes so i just want a basuc dehumidifier and humidifier with no special functions that work great because all the control will be from the inkbird controller

N

newbeegrower

This is what I use. They are super cheap and have a hard switch.
Does it have a high mist output? My 2 inlines make it hard to keep a high humidity in the tent so i need a humidifier with high output

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

If you have seedlings or early vegs running at the moment and need a quick fix until your gear arrives you could cut open a Pet bottle and use the bottom half as a dome.
To somewhat control circulation and rh either cut arrow/triangle shapes you can fold, or a line of holes every 6cm and get another bottle you cut stripes into to put it above the other and twist around to block or allow airflow.
Ofc you can also just cut away the bottom and use the regular bottle opening but for whatever reason i didnt liked that approach.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I was looking at the ac infinity t3 but i seen mixed reviews about it. Plus ive read that most humidifiers and dehumidifiers with auto turn on/off functions to keep a certain humidity arent accurate,
The T3 probably works best when it's connected to an AC Infinity controller. That's how I use them. I'm indifferent about it, though. The Levoit humidifiers work well from a smart outlet connected to the controller. Your Inkbird can do that.

also i dont want to have my dehumidifier in my tent. That is why i want the inkbird because it will control the dehumidifier by the rh of the tent and not the surrounding rh of the dehuey. I dont want 2 inkbird controllers i just need one, for one humidifier and one dehumidifier. And although i can find humidifiers with probes i cant for dehumidifiers with probes so i just want a basuc dehumidifier and humidifier with no special functions that work great because all the control will be from the inkbird controller
I see. Let us know how that works for you.

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

i have a AC:I Cloudforge T3 and i fucking love it. If i needed more than one in my tent I'd just buy another and daisy-chain them together on the same controller port

N

newbeegrower

How can i know if it can operate from a control plug or not

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Would it work with the inkbird?
How can i know if it can operate from a control plug or not
That's the main problem. Most are made to operate with built-in sensors and controls that might not start when there's power.

Two days ago, I received the Clevast dehumidifier I mentioned in post #2. I think this could be operated from a separate controller. It has a continuous mode that starts with it running and it runs constantly until the tank is full. (It also has a hose connection.) I need to test it to be sure and can't do it now. The thing is supposed to run on continuous mode for 24 hours. I'm thinking it's a break-in period for the compressor. Otherwise, so far, it seems to be a very good dehumidifier.

N

newbeegrower

That's the main problem. Most are made to operate with built-in sensors and controls that might not start when there's power.

Two days ago, I received the Clevast dehumidifier I mentioned in post #2. I think this could be operated from a separate controller. It has a continuous mode that starts with it running and it runs constantly until the tank is full. (It also has a hose connection.) I need to test it to be sure and can't do it now. The thing is supposed to run on continuous mode for 24 hours. I'm thinking it's a break-in period for the compressor. Otherwise, so far, it seems to be a very good dehumidifier.
Thanks for the suggestion, I got a humidifier with a built in sensor but it seems like a good humidifier so if it doesn't work with the inkbird oh well i guess .
Its good that it works well so far, although the problem with most dehumidifiers and humidifiers that arent made well work for well the first bit and then break like a month later. Im not necessarily in a rush for a dehumidifier until later veg/ flower so if you could give me an update later on that would be super great.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thanks for the suggestion, I got a humidifier with a built in sensor but it seems like a good humidifier so if it doesn't work with the inkbird oh well i guess .
Its good that it works well so far, although the problem with most dehumidifiers and humidifiers that arent made well work for well the first bit and then break like a month later. Im not necessarily in a rush for a dehumidifier until later veg/ flower so if you could give me an update later on that would be super great.
The challenge is finding humidifiers and dehumidifiers that work from a controlled outlet. Some won't start or remember settings.

This dehumidifier I'm breaking in filled its tank in less than 10 hours while running continuously. That surprised me. I doubt it will fill that fast when it's running intermittently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom