What are the best lights to use for cloning?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I have a 4 bank 4' T-5 and a cfl just wondering what others use or recomend. T-5 seems a little slow to grow.

Thanks for all input

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Brand new fresh rooted clones seem to do well for me under T5's
after they are a foot tall...no so much though..

I do like those Huge CFL's though

P

paulycali

I clone under a small 4 bulb t-5 light and stay there for a few days after taking root. Once transplanted they are then off to the HID's under MH's for their veg period. If you on a time schedule t-5's just don't cut it. They only work well when cloning imo. To slow if you ask me and if you add another one it just doesnt make sense. Mine as well go full power and spark up some HID's

ghost79

ghost79

I clone under a small 4 bulb t-5 light and stay there for a few days after taking root. Once transplanted they are then off to the HID's under MH's for their veg period. If you on a time schedule t-5's just don't cut it. They only work well when cloning imo. To slow if you ask me and if you add another one it just doesnt make sense. Mine as well go full power and spark up some HID's
What do you mean by if your on a time schedule t-5's just don't cut it?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

6500K+ t5s kick ass if the bulbs are fresh. thing is plants can stall and/or get shocky when you switch over to mh/hps (varies by genetics ime). some fluorescents let more UV and IR through than others, so maybe this can be addressed somewhat with lamp choice?

i've found it helps keeping the little ones under t5, off to the side but still in the main veg area, with mh running high overhead. you can even close the distance slowly as they age, this way ther'es not such an abrupt change when weaning them from the fluorescents.

ghost79

ghost79

6500K+ t5s kick ass if the bulbs are fresh. thing is plants can stall and/or get shocky when you switch over to mh/hps (varies by genetics ime). some fluorescents let more UV and IR through than others, so maybe this can be addressed somewhat with lamp choice?

i've found it helps keeping the little ones under t5, off to the side but still in the main veg area, with mh running high overhead. you can even close the distance slowly as they age, this way ther'es not such an abrupt change when weaning them from the fluorescents.
Thanks Brother!

P

paulycali

Time schedule. Everyones on some sort of a schedule in the growroom. Gotta keep everything moving :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom