what are the best production lights for indoor operating?

• Thread starter Slippyslider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slippyslider

Have cfls they are not doing the trick, was skeptical about them anyways. I am looking ti buy more lights my plants I have 4 that popped and they are about 1 inch to 2 inches is the tallest. I have a decent size closet with heighth and some width looking to only grow two or maybe even one big plant. If anyone could help with information or come up with suggestions that would be great. I am a new grower and am still learning everyday. Anything will help thank you for your time. Happy toking.

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

If you're limited in space and don't have a decent budget for cooling then T5 lights are always nice. They stay relatively cool, plug-n-play compatibility, and you can buy them in 2ft or 4ft bulbs and expand as needed.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Phillips makes a 315w dpappilion that seems to do well. Many of the cmh bulbs seem nice. Og hoods makes a cool hood for their application as well

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Lab
My first set up. (2) 2X4 T5s (432w) a fan and an exhaust (notShown). This lil setup would bang out 8-10 oz of dried bud every 120 days. Good luck!

burn4me

burn4me

LED would be another option. Low energy/low heat. If your budget allows. I veg under t5 4' 4 tube mixed spectrum and my babies love it! Lots of alternative solutions. Happy hunting and farming.

Ambre

Ambre

CFL's can work well, but you need to keep them close to the plants (that is true for all fluoros). How much ventilation do you have in your closet? If not much, then head toward lights that don't produce a lot of heat - LED's, T5 flouros, or even standard shop light style fluoros. I use the shop lights for vegging, cloning, & mothers; T5's supplemented with CFL's for flowering. One of the keys on fluoros is to buy lights of the right spectrum - cool (daylight) for vegging, warm (soft white) for flowering.

N

Northeastgrw

Do not use led. After much testing I've found led are only good for veg. Not flower. HPS will give you much more density. Go to htg supply web sight. You can get a 4' 6 bulb high output T5 for 160 bucks. Bulbs included. Use this for veg. You can change to bloom bulbs when ready. Nothing will give you the quality HPS lighting will. If you only have one space go with an mh with switchable Balast and you can change to HPS when ready to flower. Of course not knowing your budget......

N

Northeastgrw

Have cfls they are not doing the trick, was skeptical about them anyways. I am looking ti buy more lights my plants I have 4 that popped and they are about 1 inch to 2 inches is the tallest. I have a decent size closet with heighth and some width looking to only grow two or maybe even one big plant. If anyone could help with information or come up with suggestions that would be great. I am a new grower and am still learning everyday. Anything will help thank you for your time. Happy toking.
T5 for veg. 600watt HPS for flower

Top Bottom