What Are The Odds?

• Thread starter incognito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incognito

incognito

I am reading posts of negative results by growers when seeding from a male with an unknown lineage. That is what I am doing. Four seeds were found in an outdoor Pre98 Bubba Kush bud. Two germinated, one male and one female. What are the odds? If the seeds were produced by intersexing, could a male result? The male was used to fertilize another Pre98 Bubba Kush as well as an Albert Walker, Atomic Northern Lights and Blueberry. The female is blooming away with no signs of gender confusion. Although taller and not as yielding as her mother, the female does possess a distinct Pre98 Bubba Kush fragrance. Is it "worth my time" or a "waste of my time" to grow out a batch of these seeds? Is it a costly "good learning experience"? This occurred in the outdoor Mendo Scene.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if you got a male then the seeds were not produced by intersexing. when you take 2 female plants, weather clones or 2 differnt strains they both only have X chromosomes so there is no way to get the Y chromosomes needed to make male plants. so the resulting seeds either hermied so bad it looks male or there was a male in the surronding area to pollenate the pre 98 bubba

Latest posts

Top Bottom