What Are These Bugs In System?! (springtails?)

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

So I just checked out one of the buckets some plants are flowing in (on week 6/7 of flower) and I see these things floating in the water.... then noticed a few were jumping around in a flea like fashion, looked online and there's some talk they might be springtales?

I'm seeing some people say they can actually be good because they eat dead root (true or not I want them gone)

What do I do? I feel like a res change and they will still be left behind....

Think I might do a plain water pH change, then pump that out and put nuts back....

Is it no biggie and just do frequent res changes or do I need to do something else?

Are they even springtales in your oppinion? Never seen anything like it and it's only in 1 of the 4 systems in flower that I noticed it.

How the fuck did they get in, mannnn

... they're the little dots to the top left of the pics above the roots

What are these bugs in system springtails
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Probably, and they are ubiquitous, and harmless. Entirely.

slimjimham

slimjimham

I get that they are 'harmless', did a res change and flushed it out with a bunch of plain water.... seemed to greatly reduce the amount in the bucket (10-1 / 20-1 less than there were) I'll check them later today but is this something that will go away on its own with frequent res changes?

What can I do to get rid of them, either way I don't wanfuckers fucker's in my room.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They're probably all around you, living in and under the house. I can't tell you how to permanently get rid of them.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Yeah I'm not too worried about it, res changes seemed to get almost all of them.... I'll just do it a bit more frequent in the future... I'm sure it'll be gone soon, as far as bad news goes I guess this is the best bad news I've had in a while ha

Top Bottom