What are these egg clusters?

• Thread starter VERMINlord76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VERMINlord76

VERMINlord76

So, I'm a first time grower. Growing 2 plants of king tut and 2 of nor'Easter. 2 are doing beautifully, but the other 2 that are closer to flowering have been having problems. Some leaves have been going yellow and popping off at the stem. I noticed the issue has been getting worse, so I took a closer look and found these little clusters at the base of each leaf shoot that fell off and a few other shoots and branches. I'm pretty sure they are egg clusters, but I don't know what they are or how to tackle the problem.

If anyone has experience dealing with this has any tricks on how to get rid of them, I would love to hear your thoughts and advice.

What are these egg clusters

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I bealive there called a calix, pistols will emerge from them, nothing to get uptight about, are you growing a cookie strain? They tend to look like that.

Wismo

Wismo

No look closer above calyx.
Looks like corn burrowers.
I use bt for that .
Don't think if those are eggs just plant material for Caterpillar digging it's way into stem.
Those are nasty they get into the buds too.

VERMINlord76

VERMINlord76

No look closer above calyx.
Looks like corn burrowers.
I use bt for that .
Don't think if those are eggs just plant material for Caterpillar digging it's way into stem.
Those are nasty they get into the buds too.
Oof, hopefully not corn burrowers. The ones in Nova Scotia are apparently BT resistant

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So, I'm a first time grower. Growing 2 plants of king tut and 2 of nor'Easter. 2 are doing beautifully, but the other 2 that are closer to flowering have been having problems. Some leaves have been going yellow and popping off at the stem. I noticed the issue has been getting worse, so I took a closer look and found these little clusters at the base of each leaf shoot that fell off and a few other shoots and branches. I'm pretty sure they are egg clusters, but I don't know what they are or how to tackle the problem.

If anyone has experience dealing with this has any tricks on how to get rid of them, I would love to hear your thoughts and advice.

View attachment 1015653
So you've got a few things going on you have severe mite damage & I think the white things are called scale when I get a moment I'll look it up for you but you've got several issues 😕

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

not sure what kind of poop that is....thats what the white clusters seem to be to me...but i see mite damage as well.. hose them things off righta way and research some poison for your area... need for speed or your in some plant hell real soon.... sorry bro

VERMINlord76

VERMINlord76

So you've got a few things going on you have severe mite damage & I think the white things are called scale when I get a moment I'll look it up for you but you've got several issues 😕
Yeah, we already spotted the mite damage and have been trying to address that as best we can. Sadly, I live in a very buggy area, so as soon as we get rid of em, they are right back up. Have em raised off the ground to keep some bugs off, egg shells in the soil for slugs, and a few other preventative measures, but they are freaking tenacious! I guess bugs love pot as much as we do.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Oh I understand about mites believe me !🤦‍♂️

The white stuff might be mealybugs? Can't zoom in close enough for sure but you might want to search it and see if it looks like what you got going on, good luck!

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

as for living in
Yeah, we already spotted the mite damage and have been trying to address that as best we can. Sadly, I live in a very buggy area, so as soon as we get rid of em, they are right back up. Have em raised off the ground to keep some bugs off, egg shells in the soil for slugs, and a few other preventative measures, but they are freaking tenacious! I guess bugs love pot as much as we do.
as for living in a buggy area...i got the same problem....treat the area with a stronger pesticide and kill the source ....thats what i had to do and all it does is slow it down but that helped me a lot...making them easier to control

sambapati

sambapati

Hot chili oil mixed with baby bottle detergent in a silution w water and cinnamon sprayed all over the plant base. THEN grate the rinds of several limes or lemons and put that on top. The idea is repellent natural style

Madbud

Madbud

Look for a magnifier on your phone. If its Apple, go to Settings, Control Center, Customize, Magnifier. You can take screen shots.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
There’s a lot of flower there to be spraying anything really imo. This is why you should always have an ipm for outdoor. For now I would spray em with green cleaner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom