What are these guys! Help please

• Thread starter Woods
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Woods

First grow, outdoors in ground, jack herer put out late and looks like she is just about to start flowering and i noticed a bunch of these guys all over! Anyone know what they are and what to do ?
Thanks

What are these guys help please
What are these guys help please 2
cpurola

cpurola

Aphids. Neem before flowering, insecticidal soap after.
If you have 1 small plant you can just wipe them off, or dislodge them with a spray of water.
If you have ants that are walking around the aphids they are farming them and you need to kill the ants or they will continue placing them on your plant.
I try to let beneficial insects take care of the aphids and provide lots of flowers to help them survive and procreate.

W

Woods

Now they ve spread to my other 3 plants that are flowering ! And are all burying themselves into the flowers! Can i spray Dawn dishsoap on my flowers

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Back bean aphids
What kills black bean aphids?
In small outbreaks, a high pressure spray from the garden hose can help remove aphids from plants. Follow up with two applications of insecticidal soap, one week apart. Be sure to apply the soap spray to leaf undersides and crevices.
After all this, release some lady bugs or even better is green lacewings. The green lace wings will stick Round, were the ladybugs leave pretty quickly

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

i get em bad every year on the roses. frickin billions of em. different aphid but same thing essentially . exactly as dreamnfox said i blast the shit out of em with the hose and insecticidal soap. works a treat.

W

Woods

And blast the flowers with water?? Rookie grower here
Thanks guys

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

i would be careful with the flowers. basically you want to physically remove as many as possible first. sometimes you can even shake em off or wipe em off with your hand whatever you can to remove the bulk of the bastards then make a spray of insecticidal soap and spray it all over the leaves underside too. hopefully 2 or 3 days of this will get on top of em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom