What are these little white bugs???

• Thread starter Liam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Liam

Please help, from coco 2 weeks from harvest, little white fast moving bugs. Help!! What are these and should I be worried, look closely little white wormish things

What are these little white bugs
What are these little white bugs 2
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Would love to help but can't see shit from those pics man.

L

Liam

Here's a better pic, they come out more with a little water, u can see them
Bunched together inn the pic, cheers

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Looks like "blind springtails". Pretty common in coco. As soon as water soaks in do they crawl back in pretty quickly? If it is blind springtails they are not much of a danger unless its a huge number of them. They feed off of decaying plant material.

L

Liam

Yeah I struggled gettin a shot after the feed because I was just watchin thinkin what the fuck are them...an they slowed down as the water went.. So with second pic I dripped some water to bring them up so I could take pic. Are they harmful to my plants??

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Look like fungus gnat larvae. How late are u in flowering? Fortunately fungus gnats don't cause too much harm, they only lay eggs which then turns into a larva, these little fucks do feed on roots but can only thrive within the top 2"s of medium. So if ur late in flower, the damage they do might be limited. They just get really annoying as their population increases, flying in ur mouth and shit...
If u choose to rid them, use a top layer of sand or diatomacious earth. Or if u choose to use a product of some sort, use one derived from essential oils like sns 203, neem, etc.
I stay all natural when it comes to prevention. Aact + ogbiowar, and neem oils

Edit to add: could be springtails too

L

Liam

I'm 2 weeks away from cropping, I literally just spotted them when I fed about an hour ago, all I could think was 'SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEM, cheers for ur feed back really much appreciated

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Anything flying around your room

Sounding like springtails to me as well
Gnat larvae are more slow moving until they're almost mature

And yes springtsils are beneifical

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Yo I agree with them after looking at the pic again. I def see two antennae on some of them which = springtails. Well done farmers.

Yo ur good, I wouldn't act on them

L

Liam

The only thing flying around my room is me pal... Cheers for the info, started to get worried

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Definitely springtails. I get them from my canna coco all the time.
A tea brewed with Caps bennies usually takes care of em.

Top Bottom