What are these little white dots on top of leaves?

• Thread starter steezskeez95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steezskeez95

steezskeez95

So I recently got some clones from a shop in town for an outdoor grow. I hardened them off for about a week and they now seem happy in full sun.

While I was watering earlier, I noticed very tiny white dots on the TOP of the leaves. They do not look like mites, or any pest I’ve had. They sort of look like tiny eggs, dust, or possibly sugars or some residue from a foliar spray they might’ve used? They seem to come off when rubbing the leaves, but they don’t blow off when I blow on them. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

What are these little white dots on top of leaves
What are these little white dots on top of leaves 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I recently got some clones from a shop in town for an outdoor grow. I hardened them off for about a week and they now seem happy in full sun.

While I was watering earlier, I noticed very tiny white dots on the TOP of the leaves. They do not look like mites, or any pest I’ve had. They sort of look like tiny eggs, dust, or possibly sugars or some residue from a foliar spray they might’ve used? They seem to come off when rubbing the leaves, but they don’t blow off when I blow on them. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Using a humidifier with tap water?

steezskeez95

steezskeez95

Using a humidifier with tap water?

I’ve only had the plants a week, but it’s possible the shop used a humidifier in their clone room. Would a humidifier do that to the leaves? The plants seem to be happy and have already grown a lot since transplanting them. So whatever it is, it doesn’t seem to be problematic, yet.

KLight03

KLight03

Fingers crossed it's not thrips or spider mites. @DreamsOfDiesel , does this look similar? I've spoken to some other cultivators of all sorts of greenery and apparently many are having problems with thrips.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve only had the plants a week, but it’s possible the shop used a humidifier in their clone room. Would a humidifier do that to the leaves? The plants seem to be happy and have already grown a lot since transplanting them. So whatever it is, it doesn’t seem to be problematic, yet.
It possible. I mean it does look like mites but if it runs off then it's not.

steezskeez95

steezskeez95

Would the minerals in the tap water build up on the leaves after condensation? I don’t see any mites, or any other signs of them. The foliage is green throughout, as the spots protrude like little granules rather than discoloration from mites (or thrips) sucking out chlorophyll. And eggs are usually deposited underneath the leaves no? The underside of the leaves look totally fine, these spots are only on the top of the leaves. The spots brush off with a little force, but don’t necessarily run off.

steezskeez95

steezskeez95

Haha I just realized these were outdoor. Pollen would make sense. 👍
It’s possible, as it was near a large ponderosa. But their pollen is sorta yellowish, and usually turns the whole deck outside yellow. It’s a little late for pollen, but it has been a light pollen year. However I would think pollen would simply blow off the leaves, but it’s possible. I’m leaning towards the idea the spots came from a foliar spray or the humidifier idea. If it is a pest issue I wanna nip it in the bud before it becomes an issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would the minerals in the tap water build up on the leaves after condensation? I don’t see any mites, or any other signs of them. The foliage is green throughout, as the spots protrude like little granules rather than discoloration from mites (or thrips) sucking out chlorophyll. And eggs are usually deposited underneath the leaves no? The underside of the leaves look totally fine, these spots are only on the top of the leaves. The spots brush off with a little force, but don’t necessarily run off.
I think @Madbud is correct. If they are outside and rub off its likely pollen around this time of year

steezskeez95

steezskeez95

I think @Madbud is correct. If they are outside and rub off its likely pollen around this time of year
I hope so! Pollen sounds pretty reasonable. Although I’d expect pollen would be easier to blow off the leaves. Just worried cause clones bought from shops around here usually have some sort of pest. I’ll see if I find the same “spots” on some of the other plants outside. And when I took em home I didn’t see anything. They actually looked nice and healthy. Fingers crossed it’s just pollen!

Madbud

Madbud

I hope so! Pollen sounds pretty reasonable. Although I’d expect pollen would be easier to blow off the leaves. Just worried cause clones bought from shops around here usually have some sort of pest. I’ll see if I find the same “spots” on some of the other plants outside. And when I took em home I didn’t see anything. They actually looked nice and healthy. Fingers crossed it’s just pollen!
Try blowin it off your car

steezskeez95

steezskeez95

Damn @Madbud I believe you are correct. Pollen is all over some of the cars outside. It’s stickier than I thought it’d be! Makes total sense. I appreciate all the replies.
I’ll have to look in the morning to see if there’s little pollen granules on the car after wiping it off. I’m sure it wipes off of other surfaces more easily, and it’s possible it just sticks to cannabis leaves more easily. And like I said, I had to use a bit of force to move the spots off the leaves, and obviously couldn’t get all of em. The plants were under the deck, next to a ponderosa hanging over the deck. So they wouldn’t get as much pollen as the deck or nearby cars would. I didn’t even think you could see individual pollen granules lol.

basscaptain

basscaptain

it's everywhere here right now....... my veg in the garden are all ready flowerimg before I got it all out...

It's a full moon or close a lot will happen in the next few days.......

If your thinking of popping beans Drop them NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Top Bottom