What are these worms and brown things?

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Just a week or two from harvest and these are on all of my plants. Not infested, but they are making themselves known. What are they? Will they destroy my harvest? Can I get rid of them?

What are these worms and brown things
What are these worms and brown things 2
What are these worms and brown things 3
What are these worms and brown things 4
What are these worms and brown things 5
What are these worms and brown things 6
What are these worms and brown things 7
What are these worms and brown things 8

bdiz

bdiz

Bud worms(caterpillars) and their poopoo. Get them out and clean out the areas with rot and dookey. Check multiple times a day. Any sigh of brown sugars or buds search and destroy!

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Bud worms(caterpillars) and their poopoo. Get them out and clean out the areas with rot and dookey. Check multiple times a day. Any sigh of brown sugars or buds search and destroy!
I got some Safer BT and gave them all a good soaking. I’m thinking of doing a Bud wash once I harvest. Problem is that it is very rainy. I’m so close to harvest too!!

bdiz

bdiz

I got some Safer BT and gave them all a good soaking. I’m thinking of doing a Bud wash once I harvest. Problem is that it is very rainy. I’m so close to harvest too!!
I used BT twice and it seemed to work quite well. I also washed my buds on Saturday when I harvested

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I used BT twice and it seemed to work quite well. I also washed my buds on Saturday when I harvested
My next question was going to be people’s thoughts on washing. Lots of caterpillar poop on my plants.

freezeland2

freezeland2

My next question was going to be people’s thoughts on washing. Lots of caterpillar poop on my plants.
Next year make treating with BT part of your regimen early on in the grow. You won’t have to worry about cat’s and their poop in flower as you are now.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Screw it. Have a bonfire and invite the mayor and toss those bad buds in. You will have blackmail for life. 🤪

mancorn

mancorn

There’s no poop without rot. So while it might seem like you can just wash the poop out, the bud is trashed once the worm is in the bud. The good news is that the rot is localized, so you can normally cut out the rotted portion and keep the rest of the bud.

bdiz

bdiz

There’s no poop without rot. So while it might seem like you can just wash the poop out, the bud is trashed once the worm is in the bud. The good news is that the rot is localized, so you can normally cut out the rotted portion and keep the rest of the bud.
Yes, you need to manually clear out the rotted/pooped in bud physically. Washing at harvest is still another great idea.

Chinook3

Chinook3

You should have been spraying BT a month ago. You will have losses and it will get worse. Your choice :harvest early, or start spraying now, or pick off what you can and go forward. All your choices are poor ones. Life is full of choices and you will live with the consequences. Live and learn but next year use BT.

Chinook3

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

You should have been spraying BT a month ago. You will have losses and it will get worse. Your choice :harvest early, or start spraying now, or pick off what you can and go forward. All your choices are poor ones. Life is full of choices and you will live with the consequences. Live and learn but next year use BT.

Chinook3
I saw the bugs, took pictures, posted this, and promptly ran to the grow shop. He said he had BT, at the other store… 30 minutes away. Tearing ass in the rain, I got two bottles of it and came home and soaked my plants. The next day I harvested half, and immediately sprayed the remaining half again. Done plants are now drying, some are still growing. I didn’t even know what BT was until these bugs presented themselves, I didn’t have this problem my last two years.

Top Bottom