• Thread starter ConceptOfSleep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Beatles

so glad to grow up when I did. music wise nothing these days comes close to the music of my generation...
The lyrics, composition, meanings of song's of that era were powerful incentives for our generation.
Today we got Miley Cyrus, Talyor Swift, its about selling us a bunch of crap that is shallow and profit oriented, not something that make you learn life's lessons, think and grow...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter

Rock at it's best....

Last edited:
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Two legends, My friend Joe cocker and Luciano Pavarotti..
The emotion is real folks.....
Joe just don't sing his music....
Joe feels his music...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
This is a classic. Worth another look.
Joe told me they rehearsed this earlier in the day and Patti was normal.
She totally caught him off guard and he was pretty blown away..
I love it how Joe's all sweaty and wore out at the end and Patti even with that hairdo not a drop and is still full of energy..

Last edited:
fractal

fractal

Hey chickenman I LOVE Taylor Swift bro back off! lol. Miley Cyrus is a trainwreck, but there is tons of positive and good music coming out right now. Nothing's ever gonna be like the Beatles again. But you need to realize how they write music. . . It's not just the artist. Before a record gets released by someone like Swift, it has been gone through a thousand times and refined to carry a specific message. Words have more than one meaning, and that girl is TUNED IN. I'm listening to RED right now in fact.

Good artists, those with corporate backing or even some indies are carrying messages to humanity and their words are NOT about an ex boyfriend. They are singing to their own higher selves, along with ours and to the Light Bearer. Don't be so quick to dismiss, there are always your records to go back to and dust off but they will never have the same effect today as they did then. If you want to be with it, you need to find the good music coming out today.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
No Dis intended..
Just way too much of her IMO, winning this and that.. Many other good musicians are over looked...
Sam Bush, for example, works his ass way more and never bows to corporate pressure nor do they need to go through his songs a thousand times before release.
Still waiting for Britney Spears to come do our dishes...

Top Bottom