What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 202 71.6%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I noticed my soil nutes not sufficient almost a week sooner with the 315 cmh phillips 3100k bulb in the little 3x3 tent. And I had to ramp up the fertilizer ppm for flower. I understand it is the full spectrum effect. The led lamp would likely do that too.

I got to take notice when you show twice the efficiency and 1/3 more yield brother. I am really impressed. Your weed looks fantastic too. So silver in the photo. I know that look. :)

Details on the lights? You build them?
Yes , Home built lights. Just simple Samsung gen 3 strips . Give me about another 8 weeks or so and you can judge whether there worth a try.
12 plants in 9 liter pots of coir ,540 wall watts of LED's. 24 day veg from rooted cuttings,
DSCN1001
Day 10 since flip.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am curious as to what people are pulling off their lights. How many grams do you harvest for how many watts of light used. Obviously lots of factors make things different. Feel free to list any details about your findings. Kind of Light is key to understanding ratio. All answers will interest someone.

This is such a silly question that is all too often asked, or mentioned. Lets say you have a 2 x 4 tent/area in which you have 2 plants, but could have 3. The likelihood is you will have 2/3 the gpw compared to 3.

straincreation

straincreation

This is such a silly question that is all too often asked, or mentioned. Lets say you have a 2 x 4 tent/area in which you have 2 plants, but could have 3. The likelihood is you will have 2/3 the gpw compared to 3.
Ya i think this is considering you know what your doing and have maximun canopy space

gwheels

gwheels

Unless you veg longer...that is the other problem with grams per watt. Unless every parameter is the same it is really a lot dependent on grow style, experience and strain.
I grew malawi X panama and i will grow 1 or 2 in my 4 x 4. The GPW will suck but wow is that an amazing strain. It might do better indoors but both plants would probably get 6 oz in my 4 x 4 with a 315 CMH or 300 watts of Quantum boards

I grew critical mass and it tastes great. I bet it will get a crazy GPW because of the bud density. I will get 5 to 8 oz from 3 critical mass with 200 watts of timber vero.

So many variables mess with that metric for measurement.

M

Madness707

I do agree, strain dependant, veg time, makes a huge impact on the maximum you can do. That's why I I said too, just be more detailed so at least people can understand the level they grow compare to others. Veg time, strain, temp, medium. To me it's not about boasting but sharing it he community to help gain more info if they can improve or what not.

Gram per watt should be more a fun if details help but when people say
I do 2 grams per watt. 1000 watt hp, blue dream.

Not much to go off there and not helpful to the community

London bud

London bud

Nice! Have you looked into cmh 315 bulbs? I used to do hps before, but I feel like cmh has been more effective overall, as far as cost, yield results gram per watt, looks, and runs alot less cooler.
Huh I've not used them but a few people have been recommending them, I'm gonna look into it

bicky studs

bicky studs

I have yet to crack the 2g/w with my cobs, last 3 runs 1.6-1.8/w
4 plants 450w 2700k, pheno huntin/ mixed strain, coco dtw, veg’d 3-4 weeks, till they show.
really confident i will smash it with a mono

1.9g/w coco fnd 300w 2700k 2plant came damn close.

F

Forbin43

So i relly think this is very strain dependant subject, i grow gg4 under 3 1ks, and the same amount of sfv, unless your going pgr crazy your ogees will always yeild significantly less. Ive pulled 3 a light, with ogees right next to the ggs that pulled 2 a light. So its strain dependant imo.

Either way i pulled 31 lbs off of this room fully whole plant dried and fully trimmed. Than we weight out to like 31 lbs and 370 grams or so.
12k facility half og half gg4.

View attachment 841945
View attachment 841946 View attachment 841947
Fuck. I’m running 14k and barely pull 14 lbs.

I

Ikkt

You should always take a representative sample from the dried product and dry it in a dessicator for a couple days or at 80-100°c for a couple hours in an oven to calculate the water content if you want to have any precision.
"Dry" weed isn't necessarily dry and you won't get reliable numbers as long as you don't account for remaining residual moisture.
Sometimes it makes a substantial difference. Different cultivars/runs feel dry at very different moisture levels. Surprised me the first times I toasted a "dry" sample.

(I do it for 3 days at ~350mbar over vitriol cause I have it lying around anyway, but oven will do just fine.)

Dan789

Dan789

I’d comment that grams dried per watt or kilowatt of power expended over the entire grow would be more informative on this line of thought. Again, without the addition of: strain, length of bloom and % THC, mostly meaningless, you could state 10lbs a watt, just sayin more likely liars poker...

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I’d comment that grams dried per watt or kilowatt of power expended over the entire grow would be more informative on this line of thought. Again, without the addition of: strain, length of bloom and % THC, mostly meaningless, you could state 10lbs a watt, just sayin more likely liars poker...
I agree ,but it's been the standard utilized metric for some time. Just like the misuse of Strain over Cultivar.

Top Bottom