What are your tips for those of us financially challenged individuals?

• Thread starter cannafarmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
For those of us that piece by piece over years built ourselves up and the clever hacks we have learned along the way!

Tips for people that 100$ is a ton of money, like me 😂.
Like homemade fertilizer ex bannana peels, apple peels, egg shells all sterilized of course for example. Compost teas for flower made out of bannan peels and fan leaves.
Thanks guys, hope people get something out of this ✌

Natep

Natep

Look into Korean natural farming. There are a ton of nutrients you can make super cheap. For example chop up aloe Vera. Weigh it and equal parts brown sugar. Put it in a jar cover the top with a paper towel. Let it sit for a week. Mix with water at 1000:1 ratio.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
For those of us that piece by piece over years built ourselves up and the clever hacks we have learned along the way!

Tips for people that 100$ is a ton of money, like me 😂.
Like homemade fertilizer ex bannana peels, apple peels, egg shells all sterilized of course for example. Compost teas for flower made out of bannan peels and fan leaves.
Thanks guys, hope people get something out of this ✌
I don't have room for composting.... Klarna has been good to me making bigger purchases...

Also I trading.... someone likes your flower.... we all know sales are illegal but.... I've had people buy me bottles of nutes... bales of soil... or get 4 or 5 people together to go in on a light for ya for trades.....

Not saying money grows on trees....BUT....🤭🤭🤭

Bilber

Bilber

I started in a cardboard box.......1 CFL, a oversized fan, and fox farm nutes....

Then I " upgraded " to a metal cabinet with 2 doors and grow lights from lowes....a regular small led bulb in a metal construction clamp light.....

Then my friend, I mention him alot because he kept at me to continue through my failures, gave me my first real grow light.....small, should've been used for seedlings.....but I flowered with it....

Then I used 2 metal cabinets.......I used the top foot and a half for veg/clones and the 5 foot lift for flowering.......

Now, I'm content where I'm at......( if the wife is reading this, you don't need to read anymore.....I'm just blah blahing... )

My cabinet is homemade for a reason..........😝

Additions........😏

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Excellent topic @cannafarmer420!

I've spent plenty of money, but I've also tried to save money. A good light is necessary, so no scrimping there. Otherwise, a lot can be improvised. I've used old computer fans to exhaust a tent. I've grown in a closet before I had a tent. I recycle my soil. Cloning can save money on seeds.

I started growing to save money. Buying from the stores gets expensive, so I compare the cost of growing to the cost of buying. Even buying an ounce a month is enough to get started in growing, and we use much more than that.

Bilber

Bilber

Excellent topic @cannafarmer420!

I've spent plenty of money, but I've also tried to save money. A good light is necessary, so no scrimping there. Otherwise, a lot can be improvised. I've used old computer fans to exhaust a tent. I've grown in a closet before I had a tent. I recycle my soil. Cloning can save money on seeds.

I started growing to save money. Buying from the stores gets expensive, so I compare the cost of growing to the cost of buying. Even buying an ounce a month is enough to get started in growing, and we use much more than that.
Awesome!!!!!

Dadman86

Dadman86

I love this thread. I'm currently trying to figure out what you can get by without. I work at a gym part time ten hours a week. My money ain't strong right now. I'm trying to figure out how to grow good green without spending a bunch on medium seeds and high tech equipment. I know you need a decent light. Also how to use them. I followed phlizons recommended light heights and strength graph. I have a little 100 watt light. It said 12inches away for the whole life of plant. Just adjust the dimmer. My plants made it to veg I turned it up to 60% like it said and burned my plants. So you need to know how much light plants need.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I love this thread. I'm currently trying to figure out what you can get by without. I work at a gym part time ten hours a week. My money ain't strong right now. I'm trying to figure out how to grow good green without spending a bunch on medium seeds and high tech equipment. I know you need a decent light. Also how to use them. I followed phlizons recommended light heights and strength graph. I have a little 100 watt light. It said 12inches away for the whole life of plant. Just adjust the dimmer. My plants made it to veg I turned it up to 60% like it said and burned my plants. So you need to know how much light plants need.
The recommendations on the lights are nonsense, mine says 100% from veg on and it would absolutely cook my plants.
If you do organics you can make your own fertilizers and teas. There is sooo much you can do on your own. Hopefully some of the answers will help you ✌

Dadman86

Dadman86

The recommendations on the lights are nonsense, mine says 100% from veg on and it would absolutely cook my plants.
If you do organics you can make your own fertilizers and teas. There is sooo much you can do on your own. Hopefully some of the answers will help you ✌
Yeah the recommendations fucked me up for a minute. I thought my light was dialed in right so I left it for a few days. I googled why bottom leaves are turning yellow. Everything turns the bottom leaves yellow. I thought I was overwatering again. I was searching threads and seen a guy help someone else out with there light. I keep the lights far away now.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Yeah the recommendations fucked me up for a minute. I thought my light was dialed in right so I left it for a few days. I googled why bottom leaves are turning yellow. Everything turns the bottom leaves yellow. I thought I was overwatering again. I was searching threads and seen a guy help someone else out with there light. I keep the lights far away now.
It really is hard to diagnose things when you first get back. But I bet you never forget that lesson about the lights and now you'll save other people headaches. It's all part of the process, once you get rolling again you will be gravy ✌

Z

Zill

Greta thread Canna!

Here is what burns my can. Unless you hold a Ph.D. in plant physiology and/or you are an experienced commercial/home grown grower those companies pushing hugely expensive fertilizers and such will take your money. I don’t blame the inexperienced. One member was using a product that contained KCl. The gallon jug containing a few grams of salt was almost $35.00!

It’s shame.

Mentioned before is the idea of formulating your own fertilizer. That’s the approach I’d take. And buy the salts and make it yourself. A bag salt - Epsom salts, FeSO4, CaNO2 run about $3.00/lb. That’s a lot of fertilizer. Last a good long time. But the purveyors of this stuff also make their product sound soooo complicated that of course I need this crap.

Sorry, I ranted.

Zill.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
All good Bilber. Going to get cold next week here in the lower Hudson valley. Days are definitely getting longer.

Zill.
Ya they are... got 50 mph wind gusts tonight!!!Oh I wish I was at Hunter making snow!!😭 but can counting is what my body needs now a days... not that young buck I think i still am🤣

Bilber

Bilber

All good Bilber. Going to get cold next week here in the lower Hudson valley. Days are definitely getting longer.

Zill.
Yeah...

We've been lucky.....70mph winds...didn't happen......

But we're ( Central NY ) supposed to, along with most of NY, get a shit- shit ton of snow Saturday, Sunday, and early Monday.....

Brace yourselves......it might get white!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom