What brand filter do you use in your tent?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I have the ac infinity 6" fan with the ac infinity 6" filter though I have been thinking about trying a different brand like vivosun when I need a different filter. It looks like it is like 2" longer than the ac infinity and it is less expensive. Has anyone used the vivosun filters? Would you recommend it? Which filter do you recommend for it on there?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have been using phresh filters. They are lasting 2 years even with the perpetual grow going all the time and the drying closet in the flower room being filtered too. All on one 6”x16” filter.

I do use clean prefilters and shake up the filter periodically to loosen the carbon.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’ve got both. Both work fine, just depends on budget.

Pondracer

Pondracer

I bought some iPower but haven't done a cycle yet. 6" for exhaust and a 4" for recirc.

CF89

CF89

I got the vivosun. It looks well made and priced the best. It’s also workout good so for but only had it a week.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Can-33. I'm not skimping on that stuff, lol. There's a big difference between a filter that mostly works and a filter that just kills the smell completely, which mine does for me.

Especially with my wife not loving the smell, it's kind of a happy wife=happy life situation.

R

redshift75

Im currently finishing my new one that will use 16x25 merv 13-15 filters Currently rocking merv 5s(or 7's cant remember).. Dont need it for smell so it covers mites, fungis, bacteria, pollen etc etc. Beauty of that setup is filters go on sale regularly. I just picked up some merv13 with charcoal for $8 a filter on clearance at a building supply store.

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I went with ac infinity for now. I only have 2-4 plants in the tent and of those 2 are in veg and 2 in flowering so there is not a lot of smell in it anyway so these inexpensive filters seem to work. The first ac infinity filter I used has been on 24 7 for like 5 months now but I am about to put in a new 1 in a few weeks in it.

CF89

CF89

Im currently finishing my new one that will use 16x25 merv 13-15 filters Currently rocking merv 5s(or 7's cant remember).. Dont need it for smell so it covers mites, fungis, bacteria, pollen etc etc. Beauty of that setup is filters go on sale regularly. I just picked up some merv13 with charcoal for $8 a filter on clearance at a building supply store.
What kind of a filter setup do you got?

R

redshift75

What kind of a filter setup do you got?
Home made one. I mean i buy the filters same as you buy from any big box store. But i built my own filtration unit. Currently finishing v3.0 which will have UV and some other additions and be like 18-20% more efficient for temps and like 1000% more for air filtration or better.

ive posted the original thats in use a bunch of times here and there. started off as a box with 3 filters and 4" filter flanges to draw purified air.

it has since evolved into a

Energy recovery system
merv 13 rating
6"-8" ducting
UV
duhumidifier
cooler
run by
pi controller(going to redo the pi controller all around as well).

trying to figure out if/how to pump in c02 considering plumbing in an ozone generator into the re-circulation portion which may allow me to get rid of the HRV/ERV system i made for inside the unit. its basically a really fancy cube for multiple filters and most likely overkill. Started off as the need to scrub out pollen to ensure no cross over from tents. Then i hit that step and decided to take it to the moon. Honestly i have maybe $300 into the filter projects. Which is just for the filter and building. not the fans and controllers. costs more for the fans and controllers and such then it does to build it... I figure will be cheaper average per tent, with higher efficiency in all facets. Just taking lots of the concepts of super expensive systems and DIY'n it. Since isnt really a product for my needs on the market. Takes a lot to get into true security for pollen scrubbing without dropping serious coin. i want my plants to grow good with no fear of 4-8 tents crossing over. or pollinating a tent i dont want done. gives me the ability to have lots of space in the tents to work vs shoving them into 1 tent or 2.

Today was out there working and may have accidentally started v4.0 as im considering going away from any wood and using all metal ducting/sheeting. so i can completely sanitize the unit. as currently v3.0 is primarily constructed of wood. Just cause it was easy for design/prototyping. reality its probably v3.56

Was inspired seeing how they do some of the pollination at the state college program and really made me want to raise the bar for myself. not that im a great breeder or anything. Just enjoy taking a different approach to off the shelf components. In theory i get close to that level for 1/100th of the price.

Top Bottom