What brings out the purple

• Thread starter pbull79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pbull79

I'm curious on what brings the purples out in flower and leaves. I'm doing my second run of Trop Cherry. The first one was unbelievable and a very dark purple. This run there isn't as much purple. Both cuts cam from the same mom. I know the color won't affect anything but I was just curious. This is how the first run finished with the newest run below.
1000004194.jpg
1000005020.jpg

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

No idea but she is sure pretty!
Must be a parentage thing some place down the line.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm curious on what brings the purples out in flower and leaves.
The pigment is called anthocyanin. Many plants produce it. It's what gives berries, grapes and beets their color. I believe it's also an antioxidant. Several things can cause it in cannabis. Low temperature is a common cause. So is intense light. It can also occur as a response to stress. There can be a genetic influence, but, AFAIK, any cannabis strain can produce anthocyanin.

Choppr

Choppr

in your case its genetics - Trop Cherry Parentage,(red/purple on both sides) this strain started with Bloom Seed Co. years ago with the original Tropicana Cookies (GSC x Tangie), I grew them for like 3 years straight, cloning her out, because it sold like crazy! I kept a mother for about a year and sold clones too... The bag appeal is something else and the flavor is unmistakable.
nice lookin plant @pbull79, I think "Relentless" is makin a mint off her! right on!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Good temp swings from day to night 10-15f+, usually does the trick, and genetics

1st run purple, 2nd isint, was your first run during winter or early spring before it warmed up, I get more purple in the winter because I don’t heat my lung room at night so I get a temp drop from 82 down to 63-66 at night, summertime I only get 7f temp drop at lights off

P

pbull79

Good temp swings from day to night 10-15f+, usually does the trick, and genetics

1st run purple, 2nd isint, was your first run during winter or early spring before it warmed up, I get more purple in the winter because I don’t heat my lung room at night so I get a temp drop from 82 down to 63-66 at night, summertime I only get 7f temp drop at lights off
Mine was in the summer but my tent would go from the high 80s down to about 70 in the evening. I'm about the same now. I'm only 4 weeks into flower so I'm sure it can still change. Not that it matters lol. I was assuming it was the temp but I wanted to ask around.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Mine was in the summer but my tent would go from the high 80s down to about 70 in the evening. I'm about the same now. I'm only 4 weeks into flower so I'm sure it can still change. Not that it matters lol. I was assuming it was the temp but I wanted to ask around.
I’m at the same point, my cali blues purpled out last run really nice, I’m at week 5 with the clones this run and no major purple pulling in but I’m seeing the hints here and there so we’ll see

Newty

Newty

I'm wondering what would cause 1 plant out of 6 to have purple buds, same strain in the same tent.

My last grow I had a hermie, I used the hermie to pollinate a female so I could have feminized seeds.
I germinated 6 seeds from the plant that was pollinated. I grew all 6 in my 8x4.
I just harvested but I noticed throughout flower, 1 of the plants has purple buds while the other 5 do not.
I'm just curious as to what could cause this, all other characteristics of the plants are the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom