What Can I Do With Trim From Twister/centurion Machine?

• Thread starter HydroGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Last 4yrs I've use a trim machine (19" apin pro knock off, and mow my t4) which produces ground up material.

This is my solventless rosin extract drop said trim, doing a dry ice extract to get the kief, then pressed. It's not overly dark, but more amber-ish. This is an 8.5g patty. It's rather thick, had I made it thinner, it would be a shade or two lighter.View attachment 649216
Looks great! What micron are you using for the Kief and rosin? Just curious if it would be better to use a smaller or bigger bag for the dry ice. In the past I had my best results with 160 for dry ice. I appreciate the help! I'm going to have a lot so I will have plenty to experiment with a couple methods. Last time when we did the bho with the machine trimmings finished product came out dark with a shade of green. Usually my bho is a nice light amber or golden wax so I know this was just from the trim getting so beat up. Definitely going to try half with dry ice and half with bubble then press both to rosin. We will see if it needs an alcohol wash after I get to that point. I just want something smokable I can't eat that many edibles haha.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

@Two.Bears @DemonTrich i appreciate the techniques! I'll be trying both routes and see what gives me the best product. I figured someone out there found a way to make something decent out of machine trimmings.

guymandude

guymandude

hey guys I am curious if anyone has found a good method to extract at least something from trim produced by a trimming machine? I know it's pretty much worthless as far as bho goes and I doubt there really is a good method to produce something smokable with machine trimmings. Has anyone tried either an alcohol extraction or bubble to make edibles with? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated! I just hate throwing it away.

I run a spin pro knock off and make lots of BHO and do a butter extract with it too. The pfolks that smoke my dabs love them.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I run a spin pro knock off and make lots of BHO and do a butter extract with it too. The pfolks that smoke my dabs love them.
Do you use an extra filter when running machine trimmings? Wondering if an extra filter or 2 might block some of the chlorophyll.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

160iu bubble bag in a 5gal bucket over a 4x8 mirror. Then into 2.5x4.5 25iu baggies 5.5g kief at a time. I'll press 30+ bags per run, or until I get tired or run out of time. I scrape the following day.

I use new bubble bags every run. Their only 5.00 on amazon. I buy 10 at a time.

J

John N

I spin mine, and make kief. Then kief into rosin. Works great for me. Kief produces a terp-less product compared to flowers, but strong and dabbable.

You can always give it to an extractor. Check out my IG.

Newbie but was wondering if I could spin kief after bho extraction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom