What can I expect to gain by adding Co2?

• Thread starter AlwaysSunny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

It's gonna basically cost me another $1000 to add Co2 to our rooms due to the fact we would have to buy new AC's since ours are single hose portables and would be throwing all the Co2 out of the room anyway.

This is been the major holdup.

What is the realistic increase in yield running Co2 over not?

Would I be able to compensate for not having Co2 by running less plants per light and just growing them better?

Would I be better off cramming MORE plants under our lights to increase the amount of plants or does bigger plants and more light to each = more?

Thoughts?

purpleberry

purpleberry

Im no pro on the subject but ill give you my 2cents. I think your better off dailing the rooom in with a/c ,humidity, and all other factors first. Set the room up to cycle fresh air even if you use co2. I wouldnt just seal it up. You really have to run a higher temp and increase fertilizer to get the co2 to pay off. Ive had very good runs with co2 and think it helped. But my best runs have had no co2. So figure that one out. LOL Most people ive talk to end up ditching it, because they dont have there room dailed in and dont know how to use it. Im on the fence, Id rather have fresh air if I lived somewhere that wasnt so hot.
As far as plant size and numbers they dont really matter if you use the space right and grow the plants the right size for the space you give them. Just make sure the canopy is full.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

If you do it perfect it should add 30% yeild and increase your density greatly that'd be like adding another light to your 3k setup...But as stated above it ain't easy... I wouldn't flower with out it.

S

Smoke-Head

Im no pro on the subject but ill give you my 2cents. I think your better off dailing the rooom in with a/c ,humidity, and all other factors first. Set the room up to cycle fresh air even if you use co2. I wouldnt just seal it up. You really have to run a higher temp and increase fertilizer to get the co2 to pay off. Ive had very good runs with co2 and think it helped. But my best runs have had no co2. So figure that one out. LOL Most people ive talk to end up ditching it, because they dont have there room dailed in and dont know how to use it. Im on the fence, Id rather have fresh air if I lived somewhere that wasnt so hot.
As far as plant size and numbers they dont really matter if you use the space right and grow the plants the right size for the space you give them. Just make sure the canopy is full.
Please dont listen to this guy!!! You have to seal up the room to use CO2,or you will just waste it.Cycling CO2 supplemented air is never ever done,by anyone who knows how to grow.He was right about ONE thing!! He is not a pro!!LMAO

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

Please dont listen to this guy!!! You have to seal up the room to use CO2,or you will just waste it.Cycling CO2 supplemented air is never ever done,by anyone who knows how to grow.He was right about ONE thing!! He is not a pro!!LMAO

Yea I've been around long enought to figure out that wasnt the most solid advice ;)

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ok, I know most everyone seals up a co2 room. Some do cycle fresh air, im not the only one. Ive done it may times both ways. It seams to me plants love fresh air. Maybe if everything is perfect they wont need it. It really dont waste that much co2. Cycling fresh air works good in a room with AC and no co2, so you dont waste the cool air.
Either way my point was that if your going to set up a perfect room, having the option to run fresh air is nice. What if your a/c goes down?? When it happens to me (and it will happen) I just turn on the fresh air. I either have a hi temp shut off, Or my fresh air hooked to a climate control and it will turn on by it self. It sucks to walk into a room thats 110 degrees.
But hey dont lisen me, lisen to smokehead and just seal it up so when your ac goes down you will be screwed.
Smokehead trust me I can grow, my meds are know as the best around, Always goes on the top shelf.. maybe i dont hit 2 per light but im almost there, maybe you can help me.

bobby

bobby

If you do a lot of research, you will find that adding co2 pays for itself quickly and it's a no brainer. But the ROI of the $1000 spent is determined by how many lights you are running because it's an overall percentage. Also, the plant will use more nutrients, so you should plan for this.

What is the realistic increase in yield running Co2 over not?

-15-30%

Would I be able to compensate for not having Co2 by running less plants per light and just growing them better?

-Your plant size at flower determines how many plants per light is optimal. Using CO2 will simply accelerate this process and create bigger/better flowers. Using CO2 will not overcompensate for poorly grown crops. If anything, it will accelerate the damage of poor growing techniques.

Would I be better off cramming MORE plants under our lights to increase the amount of plants or does bigger plants and more light to each = more?

-This is one of the main goals for each grower to master. Your veg time will determine the best number of plants per light. People usually determine their business plans for growing based on plant counts and legal limits. If you don't care about plant counts, then flowering a bunch of smaller plants will yield you more within less time. The best setup I have found is 1 plant per square foot, which would be 16 plants per light, with 2-4 weeks veg time depending on how your plants grow and if you train your plants or not.

dirk d

dirk d

I've had my room set-up for CO2 for about 4 months now. Won't add it though till everything else is Completely dialed in. good advice from waayne and builtaforest. You could easily add 50% by just dialing in your environment - the CO2. good luck.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

i gota disagree, there's no downfall to running co2. if hes just starting up a new room it WILL undoubtedly run better WITH co2 than without!? and as the co2 variable won't change he can still dial in his room on the other variables.

that's my .02

it will without a doubt increase the plants metabolism and growth cycle.

dirk d

dirk d

I have to disagree with your disagreement tyler lol. It's like if i want to add a turbo charger to my car but my brakes are not up to par..My exhaust system needs upgrading...Need to tweak the engine a bit. Sure if i get a turbo charger i might go a bit faster but without the accompanying upgrades my car is going to crash and burn..Better to do things the RIGHT way from the start imo which is the best! lol..jk....not really though....

waayne

waayne

i gota disagree, there's no downfall to running co2. if hes just starting up a new room it WILL undoubtedly run better WITH co2 than without!? and as the co2 variable won't change he can still dial in his room on the other variables.

that's my .02

it will without a doubt increase the plants metabolism and growth cycle.

You're right Tyler there is no down fall in running Co2 in a room that's not dialed in,but it's not very cost effective......especially if AlwaysSunny is using tanks...
I've seen plenty of productive gardens producing great yields just using proper air exchange .........

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

my thinking is-

rooms gets dialed under the currenct variables n reaches max GPW, THEN goes n adds co2 he's gona have to start tweaking all those variables all over again to reach that max GPW mark with teh co2.

im jus thinkin if he gona go down that road, why not start dialing it in with everything you gona work with.

i can see waht u sayin too tho dirk n somewhat agree, jus more food for thought for the OP. n yea waayne i agree proper air exchange is huuuge.

Top Bottom