What can I say I'm growing, that grows like weed but is legal??

• Thread starter sweetgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetgreen

I'm a newbie and so I like to ask questions to help me learn. Obviously going around asking people questions, then answering "pot" when they ask what I'm growing, is not a great idea.

So I was wondering if there is a legal alternative I can substitute for weed when asking general growing advice??

Thanks

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Cut the leafs into odd shapes (other than the recognized shape) and grow amongst other plants. Train it, it will do what ya want if your gentle. In other words "hide it"
FJ

Melvan

Melvan

As my friend who owns the grow shop says, if you tell him you're growing tomatoes he's going to kill your pot plants with the advice he gives you. Tomatoes and pot, I grow both, have very different feed & care instructions.

The first rule of growing, even if you're mmj compliant, is tell no one, discuss it with no one. Don't ask your questions in the "real" world. Ask your questions here, or on another forum.

If you're talking with your grow shop owner he'll know you're growing pot without having to say it, he'll get it from the "jist" of your conversation, if he's knowledgeable. If it's just some punk making minimum wage to ring up your purchase, don't talk to him either.

B

Bearsfather

Listen to Melvin. The first rule of growing, even if you're mmj compliant, is tell no one, discuss it with no one.
Remain Stealth, underground. Take the entire subject of marijuana out of your vocabulary. Do not talk about it with anyone. Don't have posters on your wall, or wear a pot T-shirt. No one should know what you are doing.
IF you must refer to them (never!), then call them house plants, indoor flowers.
And then get some houseplants, so you never have to lie about soil, watering, fertilizing, flowers, etc...

420Gator

420Gator

dont ask unless you know they grow pot too, otherwise itll be bad advice and like previously stated the dro shop guy will automatically know when u walk in the door no need to say what ur growing

M

mr vuitton

there was something i saw as somebodys tagline in one of the forums here which i think is approriate.
"three men can keep a secret if two them are dead!"

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

In every grow shop I've been in, you NEVER MENTION the crop. In the non-med states that I've lived in (and they were ALL non-med) they'd refuse to do business with you if you alluded to anything illegal. That being said, it's entirely likely they assume you're growing weed.

For small time, personal stash growers like myself, someone on another site mentioned I should follow "the three L's: Don't tell, don't smell, don't sell." I have to agree fully, and I've made errors in following those rules. Even some old, old friends can be problematic.

W

weedfarm

Dont ask anyone at the grow store.

Long story short, I got friendly with the guys at the local shop, and they were pretty open. They opened the door for conversation, and actually initiated much of the conversation. I went a little further, and the next time I went in, they banned me. It was a douche move for them to openly talk about Lucas, strains, then ban me. But no harm, there is another store in town that charges outrageous prices, just like them, so I get my raping either way. If I really need something from the other store, I send someone to get it for me.

ANYTHING you need to know about growing weed is online. There are several forums that have tons of great info

B

bastard_x

at first its like growing tomatoes then its like growing roses. i usually grow tomatoes for three months then i grow roses for two or three months . but my mom told me that I am not good at growing tomatoes because i grow them like cannabis, at the end of the season i had 10 foot lush tomato trees with no fruit. something about stressing the tomato plant at some point with drought makes it bla bla bla ( tomatoes are not interesting to me )

Latest posts

Top Bottom