What can I use for a blast tube

• Thread starter Jesse.stoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jesse.stoner

Jesse.stoner

So my glass blasting tube just got broke. I was wondering what's a cheap at home product I can use to do a little personal batch with. I was thinking maybe cutting the bottom of an empty butane can and useing that? Do u think it's safe. I figure it store butane so nothing should leak into it

Nugg

Nugg

I made a 1 1/2 ×12" PVC..glued one cap with small hole for butane tip..and used 2 coffee filters on other...I used a hose clamp to hold filters in place..

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
*smh* so not to be a dick but sorta being a dick here. If you have to ask this question on a online forum you have NO BUSINESS playing with BOMBS. I pray for you and your neighbors safety.

That's all.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Unfortunately I have first hand experience in this when someone decided to bring a BHO lab onto my ranch. I left. I fuckin packed a bag and went to a hotel for a week and the DEA raided the fuck out of this place and the dude who brought it is still doing time and that was 2 years ago. Good luck......

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
So my glass blasting tube just got broke. I was wondering what's a cheap at home product I can use to do a little personal batch with. I was thinking maybe cutting the bottom of an empty butane can and useing that? Do u think it's safe. I figure it store butane so nothing should leak into it

"... Do u think it's safe. ..." IMHO only if you don't mind dying.

You are making and working with a friggin BOMB with LOTS of shrapnel. Remember that and you will have a better chance at staying alive. If you are going to open blast, please buy and work with quality SS tubes.

These are my rigs both are closed loop. Still a very LARGE bomb but safer than open blasting. I have moved on to other ways to create snappable shatter. I was able to do it successfully but the risk was WAY too high.

Frankie (the small one) is good for a qp. Frankie II is for up to a pound. (filter stack is not attached nor is the material column with slurry jacket.)

for open blasting, your minimum needs are the frozen tube on the far right. with that tube alone you can empty the can at the top leaving the valve at the bottom cracked. That tube is a 1.5 in x 18in tube about $100 the rest of the parts about another $40 depending on the quality parts purchased. I purchased all parts from BVV and their tech support was most helpful. With that tube you will be as safe as you can be with open blasting and it is reusable and reliable.

For ultimate safety in BHO processing, closed-loop is the only way to go IMHO.

Be Safe and Happy Tokin' 🍻

p.s. the tube on the right will level your house and anyone in it; the one on the right? your house, the house on either side and probably the one in the back (if you live in the city). just sayin'

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Last edited:
Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I still do it old school. I pack my dry trim tight in a jar and put the lid on. Punch a hole big enough for the insert that's in a cap and blast til u see the butane fill to the top. Once u start don't mess around time is sensitive or you'll get more than desired chlorophyll. Get a chunk of cheese cloth(or panti hose or t shirt...) and band it to the lid and dump your butane out. I'm sure u can take over from there bud. Been doing it this way for 20 years and I don't like tubes. A million ways to skin a cat though. Lol

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I still do it old school. I pack my dry trim tight in a jar and put the lid on. Punch a hole big enough for the insert that's in a cap and blast til u see the butane fill to the top. Once u start don't mess around time is sensitive or you'll get more than desired chlorophyll. Get a chunk of cheese cloth(or panti hose or t shirt...) and band it to the lid and dump your butane out. I'm sure u can take over from there bud. Been doing it this way for 20 years and I don't like tubes. A million ways to skin a cat though. Lol

Truly, to each his own. Fortunately most of us get to choose how we risk our lives. Mine was the USMC, and I survived. I now have placed a totally different value on my life.

"How soon we get old; how late we get wise."

Good Luck to all! 🍻

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

You are making and working with a friggin BOMB with LOTS of shrapnel. Remember that and you will have a better chance at staying alive. If you are going to open blast, please buy and work with quality SS tubes.

These are my rigs both are closed loop. Still a very LARGE bomb but safer than open blasting. I have moved on to other ways to create snappable shatter. I was able to do it successfully but the risk was WAY too high.

Frankie (the small one) is good for a qp. Frankie II is for up to a pound. (filter stack is not attached nor is the material column with slurry jacket.)

for open blasting, your minimum needs are the frozen tube on the far right. with that tube alone you can empty the can at the top leaving the valve at the bottom cracked. That tube is a 1.5 in x 18in tube about $100 the rest of the parts about another $40 depending on the quality parts purchased. I purchased all parts from BVV and their tech support was most helpful. With that tube you will be as safe as you can be with open blasting and it is reusable and reliable.

View attachment 930173 View attachment 930177
That's super
Truly, to each his own. Fortunately most of us get to choose how we risk our lives. Mine was the USMC, and I survived. I now have placed a totally different value on my life.

"How soon we get old; how late we get wise."

Good Luck to all! 🍻
Ya I know it's no joke blasting. I blast outdoors with no electric outlets or even cell phones nearby. Guess I should've mentioned I make sure holes are big enough to release pressure. I'm a poor boy and use what I got. I've blasted this way for 20 years and get higher yields than my buddies with slightly lower quality than friends with tubes. I don't blame u for calling me out on safety issues, safety should always come first. Hence why blasting is and will always be illegal without a lisense.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter

p.s. the tube on the right will level your house and anyone in it; the one on the right? your house, the house on either side and probably the one in the back (if you live in the city). just sayin'

View attachment 930173 View attachment 930177

That's a cute little blaster. I shouldn't even be posting these pics but I don't give a sh!t because if I ever see the guy who brought THIS to my ranch, I have a 6 foot hole already dug with his name on it.

Asdasfasf
Dfasdfdf

What isn't shown is the damn 6 foot blast tube they made that holds 4 lbs of trim.

When the DEA came, they seized EVERYTHING. The dumb fucks were followed out to my ranch, I didn't have to lift a finger, they were watching them before I even met these people.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
That's a cute little blaster. I shouldn't even be posting these pics but I don't give a sh!t because if I ever see the guy who brought THIS to my ranch, I have a 6 foot hole already dug with his name on it.

View attachment 930378View attachment 930379

What isn't shown is the damn 6 foot blast tube they made that holds 4 lbs of trim.

When the DEA came, they seized EVERYTHING. The dumb fucks were followed out to my ranch, I didn't have to lift a finger, they were watching them before I even met these people.

When you start ordering equipment like that shown in the photo and it starts showing up ..... kind of easy to spot.

Yeah, i don't use mine anymore either. I wish there was someone to sell the parts to, because they have served their educational purpose and i have moved on. Their current destination is a tote and the shed. Eventually the dumpster. Shit is heavy, bulky and like your situation; it would cost lots of "time". So the misses says the sooner it hits the dumpster the better. F* the money spent, it is cheaper than a lawyer and or funeral.

🍻 now smashin' and washin' is my game. 😁 orders of scale safer.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
When you start ordering equipment like that shown in the photo and it starts showing up ..... kind of easy to spot.

Yeah, i don't use mine anymore either. I wish there was someone to sell the parts to, because they have served their educational purpose and i have moved on. Their current destination is a tote and the shed. Eventually the dumpster. Shit is heavy, bulky and like your situation; it would cost lots of "time". So the misses says the sooner it hits the dumpster the better. F* the money spent, it is cheaper than a lawyer and or funeral.

🍻 now smashin' and washin' is my game. 😁 orders of scale safer.

Stainless steel used to get good money in scrap idk how much it's going for these days but that's always an option

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Stainless steel used to get good money in scrap idk how much it's going for these days but that's always an option

Ohhh 😲 I like that idea! better than the trash bin. I have a recycle center 2 miles from the house.... good one! Thanks 🍻

Updated 01/15/2020
MetalAverage PriceDate Updated
Stainless Steel$0.21/lbUpdated 01/15/2020
Aluminum Siding$0.23/lbUpdated 01/15/2020
Clean AL/Copper Fin$0.83/lbUpdated 01/15/2020
Aluminum Radiators$0.20/lbUpdated 01/15/2020

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Instead of a butane can, try one of these. Screen and coffee filter under the cap, 1/8” hole in the bottom. Yields about a gram per oz trim and safer than some refillable lighters i’ve bought.

9146AE52 ACEC 45FF 9240 6687FB1549B4
0EA8B324 594F 47A3 B559 580E4AFC18B8
D29942DD 7C3F 4372 A2D9 DCCC4C27DF0A
Top Bottom