what causes little green seeds ?

• Thread starter problemchild
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

problemchild

every batch i have seen my friend do has looked great but there are small undeveloped green seeds, there is no light leak , temp is 76-82 , humd - 35-50
and the nutes are sensi bloom , karma, budxl, roots excel, drip clean , hammerhead .

the strains were joeyweed c99, nirvanna feminised NL and BOG bogglegum
very strong strains so im at a lost .

Cort

Cort

Sounds like he hermied and the seeds didnt fully develop.

S

Sullimo

hehe... rereading your post, it sounds like you're getting little green seeds without intentionally pollinating your females... have to concur with Cort, sounds like some hermage.

P

problemchild

yea i figured that but why does it keep happening in a good enviroment ?

johnursery

johnursery

its in the genes, some strains will herm in even perfect environments, i would suspect nirvana's NL as some NL's are prone to hermie though ive not grown theres...

phenotyper

phenotyper

My Nirvana NL went hermie like crazy. For what it's worth.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have that same problem with some of my strains- as I discover which strains herm, they get the AXE. Good luck, bro-

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

It's your fem seeds, fem plants can be produced from the hermies but then the plants that comes from those seeds carry that hermie genes, they might just be green cause your homie is picking early....

F

FruitOfTheLabor

i think its just herming out on him late into flower so the seeds dont have a chance to fully develope.. he needs to try using dutchmaster Reverse if he wants to continue using those strains.. i say axe all herm strains.. i have been doing it latly.. but thats only cause i started tooooo many strains at 1 time thinking i would be doing tons of breeding.. and now i just dont have the time so i have a wall of clones hahaha .. shelving units full of domes full of clones of mother plants cut up to open room in the Veg room..

P

problemchild

no offense guys but to say all 3 well known strains have hermie traits is far fetched , joeyweed c99 is one of the most hermie free plants out there , and the little seeds can start to be noticed in 2-3 weeks of flower if u pick a small bud off and open it up ,

is this just normal and i just never seen it before ?

T

TheFinisher

It could just be the fact that these are old seeds/ clones an there easily stressed plants show up later on like ur seeing now. Just one of many, no light leakage? Or cut during flower an froced back in veg an bam , back into flower. Ive seen this stress a plant out bad. not all just some strains.. Hope this helps You alittle.. Ive had flat out auto on me .. its a stain when this happens..jmo

soserthc1

soserthc1

well seems to be hermie - being about ten farmers came up with the same answer - hope it works out for you............... peace

johnursery

johnursery

only a few pollen pods have to open to give all your plants some immature green seed pods doesnt mean all the plants hermied but, like i said earlier my guess would be a nirvana NL for what its worth...sorry to hear about it, they are hard to pick out but are easy to notice when you hit that burnt popcorn nasty taste at the bottom of the bowl...another possibility is that pollen got carried in from outside or from people handling hermie buds that could have pollen and then handling plants from outside the garden?

Top Bottom