What Causes Stalk Rot????? Help

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slownickel

Most folks over water by leaps and bounds. Many times this is due to pushing way too many nutrients trying to get the EC up without taking into consideration the amount of calcium that one needs to be able to tolerate all that potassium and magnesium. Some folks are even adding sodium, which gives me the wheebie jeebies. These growers take off the water and the plant goes into shock. Not good.

If you read this article paid for your taxpayer dollars, go to table 6 and look up which test with the same seed had the highest THC. Then go to table 2 and 3 and calculate the base distributions of calcium.

Sample 2 had the highest THC by almost 300% over the majority of tests and has the highest calcium in the CEC (you will have to make the calculations) with 93% Ca and the second highest was 81% Ca with the second highest THC levels. Also note how much more calcium was in sample number 2 in the leaves. Also note how low magnesium was....

When people over water, calcium uptake is greatly diminished. The medium should be allowed to dry out pretty a bit before irrigating. Just recently I had the pleasure of helping an Oregon grower in big bags dial in to 85% Ca and his grow took off after he learned how to irrigate. He is down to irrigating once per week or so... and waits for the plant to ask for water before he gives it water.....

Trim spots, root rot and lots of other issues happen when calcium is not where it should be in the soil and the plant.

Plants are huge and healthy.

View attachment Cannabinoid Profile n Elemental Uptake of Cannabis.pdf
ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

Most folks over water by leaps and bounds. Many times this is due to pushing way too many nutrients trying to get the EC up without taking into consideration the amount of calcium that one needs to be able to tolerate all that potassium and magnesium. Some folks are even adding sodium, which gives me the wheebie jeebies. These growers take off the water and the plant goes into shock. Not good.

If you read this article paid for your taxpayer dollars, go to table 6 and look up which test with the same seed had the highest THC. Then go to table 2 and 3 and calculate the base distributions of calcium.

Sample 2 had the highest THC by almost 300% over the majority of tests and has the highest calcium in the CEC (you will have to make the calculations) with 93% Ca and the second highest was 81% Ca with the second highest THC levels. Also note how much more calcium was in sample number 2 in the leaves. Also note how low magnesium was....

When people over water, calcium uptake is greatly diminished. The medium should be allowed to dry out pretty a bit before irrigating. Just recently I had the pleasure of helping an Oregon grower in big bags dial in to 85% Ca and his grow took off after he learned how to irrigate. He is down to irrigating once per week or so... and waits for the plant to ask for water before he gives it water.....

Trim spots, root rot and lots of other issues happen when calcium is not where it should be in the soil and the plant.

Plants are huge and healthy.
Interesting info... But is as old as I am... Any new science?

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Things are really booming. Got a bunch of the drip set up so now we won't have to hand water anymore. I don't think I will have much stalk rot anymore.

S

Slownickel

Interesting info... But is as old as I am... Any new science?
Someone has to pay for research. What was done in this paper is priceless. Who do you think would be paying for this type research? The fertilizer companies maybe? Like the rest of agriculture, you won't get the message to push calcium as it lowers your fertilizer requirement. I will try and post some more ancient history... like me, this is old...

View attachment More Food from Soil Science.pdf
S

Slownickel

Someone has to pay for research. What was done in this paper is priceless. Who do you think would be paying for this type research? The fertilizer companies maybe? Like the rest of agriculture, you won't get the message to push calcium as it lowers your fertilizer requirement. I will try and post some more ancient history... like me, this is old...

This is probably THE best book for a dirt farmer to read, whether you are big or small. Using real research, this book demonstrates over and over what drives production and more importantly, QUALITY.

Top Bottom